SPELL: Remembering & Recalling Dreams
During the Basic Spellwriting class that Salt hosted tonight on the server, the WAMILY members gathered and constructed a spell together. This was an amazing team effort and the collaboration produced a simple, yet effective spell. This is what they came up with!
PURPOSE OF THE SPELL:
To dream deeply and vividly, and to recall it when you wake.
During the New Moon; and/or on a Saturday (a day of relaxation.) Bonus points if you can score a New Moon on a Saturday!
Each New Moon is a brand new beginning. It offers the opportunity to make a change, to re-orient yourself, or to conjure a new aspect of yourself and your life into being. The energy of the new moon is great for initiating a new project or the start of an adventure. And with it being hidden in darkness, there are parallels drawn between the darker sides of the moon as well as our minds.
- Soft Pajamas: for comfort.
- Fluffy Pillow: to rest our head, where dreams happen.
- Cup of tea: to warm and relax our bodies.
- Amethyst: to remove stress, to boost intelligence and promote personality growth, to protect from harmful outside influences, to strengthen memory.
1. On the night of a New Moon (or a Saturday, or both), climb into bed wearing soft pajamas and tea in hand. Sip your tea and focus your energy on a night of restful sleep. Think back on the past vivid dreams you have had and the details of them. You can also set an amethyst by your bedside, under a pillow, or near a window.
2. When your tea is finished and you are sleepy, read the following incantation, focusing on the mysterious, majestic power of the New Moon. Visualize its shadows as a cloak that will conceal you. The New Moon will inspire the start of your adventure in the dreamscape.
3. Recite the following spell:
I ask the New Moon to allow peaceful and calm rest.
To the depths of my subconscious, give me access.
Let the absence of the Moon be my shield and guide,
and when I wake, let the dreams ever-flow to my mind.
4. Turn off the lights, rest your head on your pillow, and allow for your dreams to blossom! In the morning, you should wake and be able to recall the details of the dream. (We suggest writing them down!)