We saw Hotel Transylvania 2 for my Bday on Sunday so it was totally appropriate to draw Drac and Dennis since Day 4 of Drawlloween was Vampire. 💀💀💀😊😊😊. These two are just so friggin adorable! Haha we love love loved it! I was super AWESOME! 😂😂😂😂
Birthday art gifts for my beastie @mistrel-fox! She loves these batsies!
I’ve said it already but saying it again now! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
I know it’s already 23rd where you are now but please accept this late gift! And I hope you love the surprise second art that I did not show as a sneak peek this morning!
I got to know her sometime in May this year because of we have a common *ahem* ship. She’s a sweetheart and a great friend! We chat about fandom and random things and we surprisingly have so many things in common! Her art is AMAZING (seriously! I will forever be envious of your colouring skills hun!) and we admire each other’s art qualities.
People have been wanting one. so they shall receive - u -
1) start off with a base color. i chose purple
2) make a new clipping group for ///the eye color ONLY (do not include the white of the eye)/// and do a dark to base color gradient
3) make a new clipping group and draw with a light purple on luminosity. draw two half rings, duplicate the layer, blur that layer completely, and merge the two lumo layers
4) make a new lumo clipping group and draw little streaks of light in the middle, fading out as it gets to the dark part of the eye. do the duplicate, blur, and merge i was talking about in step three
5) (optional) make a new normal clipping group. take the base color of the eye and make it neon. place a little dot in the middle of the eye as the “pupil”. you can feel free to use a really dark purple if you want to, i just find that a neon purple makes it look cool.
6) make a new lumo layer and draw some light bubbles. do the duplicate, blur, and merge as i was talking about before.
AND YOURE DONE~
(optional additional steps)
7) make a new lumo layer (non clipping group) and draw a streak with your light purple from the pupil to however long you want the streak. duplicate the layer, blur it in a motion-looking way, copy it three more times, merge the blurred layers (NOT the original streak!!!) and use an eraser on a very low opacity to fade out the far end of the streak. After you get it to where you’d like it to be, merge the lumo layers.
8) do the same thing as above, but this time just add electric looking lines. I’m not too sure how to explain this because its really just how you handle your pen, but its always cool to experiment!!!
PLEASE SHOW ME YOUR EXAMPLES IF YOU USE THIS TUTORIAL, I’D LOVE TO SEE SOME FROM MY LOVELIES <3