Seriously, this girl is chindeep in cahoots with our favorite cueball head, even more than Vriska or Rose ever was.
I know I posted a lot about this, but here is everything that I’ve found in one long theory post. I hope you guys can read this long post instead of my spur-of-the-moment incoherent scattered blubs. I’m keeping most of this under the cut, though, because spoilers.
TL;DR: Joey is an agent for Doc Scratch to overthrow Trizza and pave the way for Homestuck.
2. When the show was first written, Joey and Monica were intended to be love interests.
3. The average Friends episode took five hours to film.
4. Joey and Chandler’s big white dog actually belonged to Jennifer Aniston. A friend gave it to her as a good-luck gift when the show started.
5. Three cast members from The Simpsons made guest appearances on Friends: Dan Castellaneta (Homer), Hank Azaria (Moe/Apu, etc.), and Harry Shearer (Mr. Burns/Smithers, etc.).
6. The show was originally called Insomnia Cafe. It was then renamed Friends Like Us, and then Six of One before becoming Friends.
7. In the first season, each of the main six cast members received $22,000 per episode.
8. In 1997, they banded together to negotiate a salary increase to $100,000 per episode. It was the first time in TV history that cast members had done this.
9. By the final season, they each got $1,000,000 per episode.
10. “The One Where No One’s Ready” takes place entirely in Monica’s apartment because the show didn’t have a large enough budget for guest stars or additional sets.
11. Joey plays Dr. Drake Ramoray in a fictional version of the NBC soap opera Days of Our Lives. In real life, Jennifer Aniston’s father, John Aniston, plays Victor Kiriakis on the actual Days of Our Lives.
12. Courteney Cox is actually older than David Schwimmer, despite playing his younger sister.
13. In the pilot, Monica forgets the name of a guy she sleeps with. Producers were worried that this would make the audience not like her, so they handed out a survey to the studio audience asking whether they thought the plot should be changed. They didn’t.
14. Ross and Rachel weren’t meant to be the central romance of the series. Their storyline was developed because of David Schwimmer and Jennifer Aniston’s chemistry.
15. Monica’s apartment changed from number 5 to number 20 when the show’s writers realised that “5” wouldn’t denote an apartment on an upper level floor in a large block. So they matched, Chandler’s also changed from 4 to 19.
16. Kathy Griffin and Jane Lynch both auditioned for the role of Phoebe.
17. Jon Favreau and Jon Cryer both tried out for the role of Chandler.
18. Live audiences were never used for cliff-hangers, such as Ross and Emily’s wedding.
19. The storyline of Phoebe carrying her brother’s triplets was written because Lisa Kurdrow was pregnant in real life.
20. In the opening credits of “The One After Vegas”, which is dedicated to Courteney Cox and David Arquette’s marriage, every cast member has the surname Arquette added to the end of his or her real name.
21. Phoebe’s wedding is not attended by any of her relatives, including her twin sister Ursula, her father, her birth mother, her brother Frank Jr. or the triplets she gave birth to.
22. Hank Azaria, who plays David the scientist, auditioned for the role of Joey twice before the show went into production.
23. Chandler was written as a character who was awkward around women because Matthew Perry told producers that he himself was.
24. The cast had a huddle before filming each episode to wish each other luck.
25. Bruce Willis appeared in the show for free after losing a bet about whether The Whole Nine Yards would be No. 1 in the box office on its opening weekend with Matthew Perry. He donated his fee to charity.
26. Phoebe and Chandler were originally supposed to be supporting characters.
27. David Schwimmer was the first of the main six actors to be cast in the show.
28. Jennifer Aniston was the last of the main six actors to be cast in the show.
29. Before the show’s pilot aired, the cast was taken for dinner at Caeser’s Palace in Las Vegas to enjoy their “last shot at anonymity”. They later returned to the same place to shoot Ross and Rachel’s drunken wedding.
30. Crew member Paul Swain was responsible for the Magna Doodles on the door of Chandler’s apartment.
31. When Monica pops up from underneath Chandler’s bedsheet in London, the two of them held position for 27 seconds.
32. Marcel was played by two monkeys, Monkey and Katie.
33. NBC originally thought the cast was too young and asked writers to include an older character who gave advice to the twentysomethings.
34. NBC originally thought Central Perk was too trendy and wanted to set the show in a diner, like Seinfeld.
35. In “The One Where Chandler Doesn’t Like Dogs”, we find out that Ross hates ice cream. One season earlier, however, we see Ross and Elizabeth enjoying ice cream on a date.
36. Producers originally wanted Courteney Cox to play Rachel, but she asked to play Monica because the character was so strong.
37. The orange couch in Central Perk was found in the basement of the Warner Bros. studio.
38. Ross is 29 years old for three years.
39. Monica and Chandler’s twins are born three minutes and 46 seconds apart.
40. All of the six main characters have kissed each other at one point (if you include alternative “what if?” episodes), except Monica and Phoebe.
41. Like Monica and Chandler, Courteney Cox and David Arquette had trouble getting pregnant.
42. Courteney Cox had to film the scene in which Rachel has Emma just after having a miscarriage.
43. Joey wasn’t written as a dim character. Matt LeBlanc suggested it.
44. The frame around the peephole in Monica’s apartment originally had a mirror in it. It was broken by a crew member during the early stages of filming, but producers thought it looked good so they left it.
45. June Gable, who played Joey’s agent Estelle Leonard, also played a nurse in the episode where Carol gives birth to Ben.
46. David Schwimmer directed 10 Friends episodes.
47. Friends co-creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane are also co-writers of the show’s theme song, “I’ll Be There for You” by The Rembrandts.
48. When Rachel is trying to find a new officiate for Chandler and Monica’s wedding, she finds a Greek Orthodox priest coming out of the Anastassakis/Papasifakis wedding. Anastassakis is Jennifer Aniston’s family name.
49. When Lisa Kudrow first read the script, she thought Chandler’s character was gay.
50. Giovanni Ribisi plays Phoebe’s brother Frank Jr. in later episodes, but he also has a small cameo in the earlier seasons. He plays a boy who accidentally throws a condom into Phoebe’s guitar case instead of a coin.
51. Lisa Kudrow had already been guest-starring on Mad About You as Ursula Buffay for two years before Friends aired. They decided to make Phoebe a twin to create a crossover between the two shows.
52. Gunther didn’t have a name until the middle of the second season.
53. James Michael Tyler was cast as Gunther because he was the only extra who knew how to operate an espresso machine.
54. Gunther didn’t have a line until the show’s 33rd episode. He said “yeah”.
55. Winona Ryder and Susan Sarandon were both on Ross’ “celebrity list”. They both later guest-starred on the show as Melissa Warburton and Jessica Lockhart, respectively.
56. There were six versions of Phoebe’s dollhouse made for “The One With the Dollhouse” because the plot involved burning them.
57. The actor who plays Joshua’s father is actually Matthew Perry’s real-life father.
58. Ellen DeGeneres turned down an offer to play Phoebe.
59. In the last episode, it is mentioned that all six characters have lived in Monica’s apartment. They have all also lived in Joey’s apartment.
60. When the last series ended, Jennifer Aniston and her then-husband Brad Pitt hosted a dinner party at their home. They served bottles of wine that producer Kevin Bright had saved from the first series.
61. When the last series ended, each cast member was given a piece of the sidewalk from outside Central Perk as a keepsake.
Here are the characters for my new webcomic, Church Samuel! I won’t go into too much depth about them as thats for the webcomic to flesh out!
You’ll notice they used to be my Bendy and the Ink Machine interpretations and thats true! However, as I developed the characters and drew them more and just got so involved in their personalities and histories, they began to stand alone from the series. I’m sure Ive developed them to a point where they’re barely recognisable as characters from BatIM! So thats where the idea to make a webcomic came from- with my new set of OCs!
Dont worry I changed the names and jobs and everything!
hell's studio joey seems pretty stable... what possessed him to summon bendy with black magic?
Yeah this AU’s Joey is pretty chill… he didn’t do it for any sort of evil scheme or anything. Nor was it really an attempt to save the studio or something. I think he mostly just did it cuz the idea popped into his mind and he was all like “hey there’s a real way I can actually make this happen!” And he gets so caught up in something he often forgets to think about the consequences of what he’s doing like “Just gotta sell my soul to an eldritch horror god and give them some of my blood, no big deal cuz I GET TO BRING MY OC TO LIFE!”
And when he realizes the consequences it’s already too late and he’s ¾ths done with the summoning ritual he still somehow botched and now Bendy’s horrifically off-model and melts all over the place when he gets emotional. Now he has a living cartoon character yelling at him. And now he has to take care of said cartoon character who is in fact incredibly sentient and is capable of developing his own personality past what Joey created him with. And Now everyone else in the studio also has to live with it after having to deal with the ink machine for the past couple of months.
TL;DR Hell’s studio Joey is incredibly impulsive and he did it because he thought it’d be cool. Like WHAT OTHER ANIMATION STUDIO CAN LITERALLY BRING A CARTOON TO LIFE. TAKE THAT WALT!
This is obviously an allusion to Joey’s abandonment issues, considering that’s all she thinks about when she’s reminded of Pa Harley. She’s super bitter about his absence, and she never misses a chance to smack him down. In this case, she’s comparing his inattention to her with his inattention to the blue lady portraits in the attic.
If she thinks she is represented by the ignored and forgotten backup attic portraits, consider this: what is represented by the portraits hanging in the hallway? What do the portraits that he regularly appreciates symbolize? What is it that Pa Harley pays attention to, that is kind of similar to Joey, that is in another location?
That thing is JADE HARLEY.
Jade Harley is the child that Pa Harley is destined to partially raise, which makes her similar to Joey. Jade Harley will touchdown in the Pacific Islands, which makes her in another location. Jade Harley is who Pa will pay attention to.
Jade Harley will replace Joey and Jude just as the hallway portraits replace the backup attic ones.
But how does Joey know about Jade?
One, she doesn’t know and doesn’t care about Pa’s exploits; she only is sure he’s somewhere in the Pacific. She hasn’t had contact with him for many months.
Two, Hiveswap: Act 1 happens on 11/11/1994. Jade’s comet lands in the Pacific on December 1st, 1995. That’s more than a year’s difference, and Joey can’t see into the future. (As far as we know. She does have an eerily precise intuition, though.)
How does Joey Claire know about Jade Harley?
We might see the end of this if the entirety of Hiveswap lasts more than a year, in time to see the meteoric arrival of Jade and the death of Pa.
Oh, and one more thing. I know I sound as paranoid and overanalytic as Jude, but consider this: look at the wording of the text. “He keeps redundant backups scattered around.”
We know that all the guardians have some knowledge about SBURB(as seen in Mom Rose and Bro Dave), and they try to prepare their kids for it. What if Joey and Jude were backups for John and Jade? Say they die in their childhood, or their meteors somehow fail. This might take an insane amount of complex, orchestrated shenanigans, but as long as the time loop works out, it is possible to have Joey and Jude be sucked into SBURB in their place. They could be the backup in case the meteor kids fail. After all, John and Jade did believe for a long time that they were born normally and were not ectobiogically spawned. Maybe it’s the same with Joey and Jude.
I don’t think it’s the same with the Strilondes, as Mom Babysitter Roxy does not appear to have children. (Seriously, why would you babysit if you already have two adopted children?) But, then again, it could be Bro Dirk raising them. If that’s the case, the I pray for the life, welfare, and sanity of the backup Strilondes.
TL;DR: How does Joey know about Jade Harley? Also, there is a high chance of SBURB and new insane Strilondes raised by Bro Dirk Strider.