How to Overcome Procrastination
1. Be honest with yourself and admit that you’re putting off stuff that really needs to be done.
2. Try and figure out why you’re procrastinating. Is it because you don’t like it, it creates anxiety, you don’t understand it, it feels overwhelming, you’re disorganised …?
3. Decide to break the habit of procrastination by deliberately rewarding yourself for doing something you’d rather not do.
4. Make a pact with a friend –where you deliberately and regularly encourage each other, and hold each other accountable.
5. Sit down and think – in detail – about all the likely consequences of not doing what needs to be done. Be brutally honest, and try and picture what you’re life is going to look like 6 months, a year and five years from now ( if you continue to procrastinate).
6. Decide to break large tasks down into smaller, more achievable tasks, and then tackle these smaller tasks one at a time.
7. Recognise your progress, and affirm and praise yourself for making these changes – and doing things differently, even though it’s hard.