Blueberry chocolate smoothie bowl
The first recipe of 30 Days of Veganism is, of course, a breakfast smoothie! Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and you can prepare any delicious smoothie bowl in such a short period of time. This morning I added some cocoa powder to my usual fruit smoothie; it definitely satisfied my chocolate cravings!
Just a side note: I usually eat my smoothie bowls either with added oatmeal or homemade granola. Feel free to take out the rolled oats and substitute them with granola of your choice.
- 40-50g of rolled oats
- 100-125ml of plant milk (depending on the desired consistency; I used soy milk - it has extra protein)
- 1 tbsp of vegan protein powder (optional; I used hemp protein)
- 1 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp of nut butter (I used almond butter)
- 80-100g of frozen blueberries
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- fruit toppings: banana chunks, kiwi (or any other fruit you have)
- other toppings: 1 tbsp of nut butter, 2 brazil nuts (for your daily dose of selenium), a handful of cashew or other nuts
- Boil the oats with about 200ml of water.
- In the meantime, pour the plant milk into a blender, add the protein powder (if you’re using it), cocoa powder, nut butter, frozen blueberries and 1 1/2 banana, and blend it all until smooth. If the consistency is still a bit too runny, add 1 tsp of chia seeds to make it a bit thicker.
- Make sure to stir the cooking oats.
- Prepare and cut the fruit for toppings.
- Once the oatmeal reaches the desired consistency, pour it into a large bowl. Then pour the smoothie over the oatmeal. Add the fruit (including the remaining ½ a banana) and other toppings, and enjoy!