send me a word! || learn all about my muse's physical features!
length, colour, texture, whether it grows quickly or slowly, how manageable it is, whether it requires lots of styling, do they leave stray hairs everywhere, is it present on their face, is it present on the rest of their body, etc.
not just the colour, but the shape, the length of their eyelashes, whether they're alert or usually half-closed, large or small, sunken into the face, ringed by bags, etc.
are their lips always drawn thin or are they plump and kissable, what's their "default expression"/resting face, do they have all their own teeth, do they use their teeth to smile, etc.
what is the shape of their face, do they have pronounced cheekbones or a strong jaw, what's the size and shape of their nose, what's the size and shape of their ears, do they stick out, are they pointed, etc.
obviously colour, but also if they're inclined to run hot or cold, do they have any blemishes or unusual markings, are they inclined to blush, are they freckled, do they tan, what does their skin feel like, etc.
are they skinny and petite or do they resemble a body builder, are they tall or short or average height, are they lean and wiry, are they overweight, are all of their features proportionate, etc.
(potentially nsfw) what size are their breasts if they have them, nipple colour and shape and size, do they have visible muscle definition/abs, etc.
(potentially nsfw) any information pertaining to genitals - length, girth, shape, colour, "unusual features", also includes the rear and its general appearance, etc.
are they large or small, do they have pianist's fingers or short stubby ones, do they tend to get sweaty or are they always dry, is the skin rough or delicate, are the nails painted or chewed or sharp, etc.
are they solidly built, short and stubby, or long and graceful, do they have knobbly knees or rounded knees, what's their gait, etc.
do they have a habit of going up on their tiptoes, what's their usualy stance, do they tend to shift their weight to a preferred side, etc.
any other obscure feature or tiny detail that the asker is interested in, could include fantastical elements such as a tail, wings, horns, must be stated by asker, etc.
“I’ve seen the way you look at me when you think I don’t notice.”
“Is something bothering you, McCree?”
McCree quickly averts his gaze, pretending to look down at his phone. “Not at all,” he replies, pretending he hasn’t been caught staring at Hanzo like a lovesick puppy–again. “Little tired after that mission, but that’s about normal.”
From the corner of his eye, he can see Hanzo frowning, unconvinced. “No,” he says, “there is something. Tell me.”
McCree forces himself to maintain a neutral face. He and Hanzo are the only ones on this shuttle, headed back to Gibraltar after a short excursion in London, so there is nowhere to hide and nobody to turn to for help. “Ain’t nothin’ to tell,” he says, a little more forcefully. It’s a bold-faced lie–there’s always something on his mind when he’s with Hanzo–but he’ll just have to hope Hanzo lets it go.
Instead, though, Hanzo sighs heavily. “I know there is something,” he says. “You may not act like it, but there is. I am your friend, McCree. You do not need to hide.”
“Would you just let it go?” McCree snaps, and immediately feels guilty for doing so. “Sometimes a man just doesn’t wanna talk about something. Let it go.”
“So there is.”
“It doesn’t concern you.”
“On the contrary, I am almost certain it does.”
McCree’s heart gives an extra-hard thump against his ribs. Has he been that obvious? He always feels like he’s bleeding out his feelings all over the place, ready to be caught at any given moment, but he thought he was hiding it well enough. It was harder during this mission, when it was just the two of them fighting together against their enemies, but still, he thought he had gotten out okay.
Hanzo continues, unaware of McCree’s fears. “I have seen the way you look at me, when you think I cannot see you,” he says softly. “I cannot tell what it means for certain, but …” He clenches his fists in his lap, then releases, flexing nervously. “Have I done something to upset you?”
McCree’s breath catches in his throat. “No, Hanzo, not at all,” he says. “Probably the opposite.”
“Then what? What about me has you so distressed? I can only think of one other thing that makes you look at me the way you do, and it seems even more unlikely. I only thought of it because Genji mentioned it.”
“Well, I ain’t mad, so what’s the other thing?”
Hanzo’s mouth shuts with a click. He looks embarrassed suddenly, and averts his gaze to somewhere near the floor.
“He suggested,” he says, through gritted teeth, “that you might have feelings. For me. He was not so delicate when he was suggesting this, but nonetheless.”
McCree’s heart drops to his gut. Damn Genji, the meddling little shit. Now McCree’s in trouble no matter what he says–and he has no idea whether it will be worse to admit it, or continue trying to lie his way out.
But Hanzo’s too astute to lie to, especially when he’s already suspicious, and McCree would be lying to himself if he tried to say he didn’t want to admit it.
He forces himself to look up at Hanzo. His gut twists around his heart as he says, as evenly as he can, “And what would you say if I told you that was true? That I like you so much I can’t stop starin’?”
Hanzo breathes in sharply, loud enough to be heard, and snaps his gaze to meet McCree’s. McCree clenches his teeth and pulls up every ounce of willpower he has just to not look away.
A long, silent moment stretches between them. McCree starts to contemplate the odds of his survival if he throws himself off the shuttle.
“I suppose,” Hanzo starts, slowly and deliberately, “if that were the case …”
He trails off. He uncrosses his arms and starts to reach across the gap between them, then hesitates, gauging McCree’s reaction. McCree holds perfectly still.
“I suppose,” Hanzo starts again, as his fingertips curl gently against the back of McCree’s neck, “that if that is true, I might … do this.” He leans in, achingly slowly, eyes locked on McCree’s.
McCree doesn’t move as Hanzo kisses him. His lips are warm and dry, surprisingly soft, gently cradling McCree’s bottom lip in a gesture so light and sweet that it makes McCree’s chest ache. It lasts only a moment before Hanzo draws away, and McCree can see the faintest dusting of pink on his cheekbones.
“I do not mind,” says Hanzo, barely above a whisper, “if that is the reason you watch me.”
me? In love with Oswald? No. That's absurd and completely ridiculous. What is there to love? Certainly not his dazzling green eyes that change hue depending on his mood, or his alabaster skin that feels smoother than any of his silken ties. I don't love his collection of freckles that paint the bridge of his nose and his cheekbones, nor do I care for his annoyingly attractive smirk. Nope. Nothing to love. Not a damn thing.
“You said my heart holds all the wreckage and still manages to grow a forest out of it.” -The Forest / Kriti. G
›› Pairing:Min Yoongi / Reader ›› Word Count: 6,805 ››Chapter Index ›› Soulmate!AU, Slowburn, Angst
days later you are sitting at a table located outside a small cafe
that you and Yoona often find yourselves at. Whether it be because
it’s nearest to the college you both attend, or how cheap their
beverages are, you both are always returning to the quaint little
sit with one leg crossed over the other, hair up in a messy pony
tail, back pack hanging lazily off of the chair your back is pressed
against. Arms strewn across the surface of the table carelessly, and
mind not letting you focus on the words spewing from Yoona’s
perfectly glossed lips.
a/n: im still so excited that this is happening. also, for the dates and such, they’re just to show how long they’ve been dating, and some of them are like season sensitive. so just like ignore the fact that soon it’ll be like july of this year. also also, i just gave y/n’s family a hometown that i just pulled out of my ass bc it would be easier than trying to have a fill in so.
this is still kind of short i’m sorry. i had writer’s block i was at a loss for what to write :((
so don’t call me baby unless you mean it don’t tell me you need me if you don’t believe it so let me know the truth before i dive right into you
-shawn’s pov- 1 month in
“-And I swear to got milk flew everywhere.”
She laughs, a beautifully genuine laugh, one that’s started to play in my head before i fall asleep. Her coffee mug is still loosely held in her both of her hands, her elbows resting on the table, her bouncing foot tapping my leg every once in a while. She takes a deep breath to try and calm her giggles, but she’s still smiling when she brings her mug to her lips. “So do you miss them? Your family?”
“Yeah, of course I do.” Her brows furrow, waiting for him to continue. “I love New York so much, I really do. But of course I miss them, how could I not.” I take a sip of my coffee and she gives me a sad smile and reaches one hand to rest over mine. I flip my hand over and rub my thumb along her knuckles. She smiles and focuses her attention on our intertwined hands. That look comes over her eyes, and it’s only been a month, but I know what it means. She chews on her lip and she loses herself in a thought, what it is I don’t know, and I’m not ready to ask. I bring her hand to my mouth and kiss her knuckles. She shakes her head and blinks hard, coming back down to earth.
“Sorry,” she laughs. “That was probably a stupid question. Of course you miss your family. How could you not?”
(It’s been too long since I did any “original” content so like take this and run with it I guess?)
-Mark is COVERED in tattoos
-probably wears a “tattoo daddy” cutoff shirt
-not so much that he doesn’t have any bare skin left or anything but, two full sleeves, a chest piece, both hands and knuckles are done, he’s got a back piece started and a few scattering his legs
-he’s also got a septum piercing, small gauges and a few other piercings in his ears, along with his tongue. He’s also got his bellybutton pierced because he’s fucking adorable okay? And of course, his nips are pierced
-working in a tattoo shop, he’s the best in the shop with script and with portraits, but is good at other kinds of tattooing as well
-quiet but will talk to you if you talk to him when he’s tattooing
-loves opening up guest spots in the shop whenever possible, always leaving room for Felix to come when he wants to, always an open door for the Swede and his girlfriend
-no tattoos because he’s not super crazy about them on himself, funnily enough, and also because he doesn’t want to chance anything with his kidneys
-he’s got a few piercings, though
-he had his eyebrow done and his nose done, and he had one little stud on his lower lip
-he’s the house piercer and has most of his clients in and out in under twenty minutes
-he’s very talented at doing black and grey tattooing
-some people scoff at him, because he doesn’t have any tattoos but people rave about his work
-but when they see him bang out some of the most intense tattoos they’d ever seen, they gained the utmost respect for him
-talks quietly to you while you’re getting pierced or tattooed, but is generally pretty quiet
-Jack has that hipster tattoo artist style
-his throat and his chest are covered and his hands and knuckles are brightly colored
-constantly trying new local coffees from family owned shops around the tattoo shop
-always loud and talkative when he tattoos and has his clients laughing and talking back to him
-he’s got the hollows of his hips pierced and he’s got a cheeky tongue piercing and a dermal under his eye on his cheekbone
-loves doing anything neotraditonal and anything referencing movies or pop culture
-apprenticing under Mark
-is only allowed to do very simple, small pieces because he is still learning
-he’s very quiet and careful when he’s tattooing anyone outside of his own circle
-because with his own friends, if he’s shaky on his linework or shading, he knows he’ll be able to fix it for them once he’s got the practice and knowledge
-but it’s a totally different story on his clients
-the rest of the guys don’t haze him too much, but they still tease him at most opportunities
-both of her arms are spattered with different pieces from everyone at the shop
-she’s got a cute nose ring
-she and Kat are basically the receptionists, but they help the guys in between appointments to strip down their chairs and sanitize them
-constantly taking pictures of the guys and their works so that she can keep their social media updated
-always goes on food runs and drink runs
-definitely knows the best places to get the best deals
-doesn’t have too many tattoos yet, something cute on her wrist and her ankle and she’s thinking about getting the tops of her feet done
-nicely turns down Ethan when he begs to tattoo something little on her because she’s not really sure what she wants done yet
-keeps the boys in line when they rip on Ethan a little bit because she knows when that blue boi gets upset but doesn’t want to say anything
-her cat is always at the shop with her, and nobody really minds all that much because it’s not hurting anything
WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME ABOUT THIS HOLBY CITY SHIT #3
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO REPLIES TO THESE AND HELPS ME UNDERSTAND AND LAUGH, U IS SO NICE
-LOOK AT BAMBI AND CHEEKBONES™ THEY ARE BONDING AW
-“WASHING MCHOTTIE’S HAIR” I’M DYING BAMBI SHIPS ITALIAN CHEEKBONES
- THE BANTS BETWEEN BAMBI & CHEEKBONES OMG AW
-I WOULD 100% JUMP THAT NEW GUY WITH THE BLUE EYES THAT’S TALKING TO ZOSIA IF I WASN’T GAY
-HE LOOKS LIKE JOEY MCINTYRE FROM NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK 0MG
-HE’S THE NEW GUY AND HE LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE FROM NEW KIDS I’M DONE
-YALL KNOW HIS NAME IS NOW NEW KID™
-OKAY I’M CHEEKBONES™ THO LIKE DO THESE FUCKERS EVER DO WORK LIKE ZOSIA AND NEW KID™ OVER HERE TAKING FUCKIN SELFIES LIKE PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO DIE STOP BEING HAPPY
-CHEEKBONES™ DOING THAT LITTLE LOOK AT ZOSIA AS SHE LEFT I SHIP IT I SHIP IT
-BUT LIKE IF THE SHIP NAME ISN’T CHEEKBONEZ (WITH A Z)I CANNOT SHIP IT
- POOR LIKKLE DOM
-CHEEKBONES™ LOOKED SMUG WHEN ITALIAN GUY™ WAS ALL LIKE “I MISSED YOU” LIKE YEAH BISH I KNOW YOU MISSED ME STOP BORING ME WITH THINGS I ALREADY KNOW
-NO BUT LIKE THAT IS A SHIT HOLIDAY I MEAN HE’S ITALIAN GUY™ CANT HE COME UP WITH ANYTHING LESS SHIT
-BUT LIKE THIS LADY TALKING TO DOM IS EVERYTHING I ASPIRE TO BE
-IMA0O0O NEW KID™ IS A BIT DESPERATE FOR PRAISE
-LOVELY LESBIAN LADY™ SPEAKS FRENCH OH SHIT I NEED A COLD SHOWER
-LIKE CAN LLL™ GET MORE PERFECT??
-LISTEN TO ZOSIA DOM COME ON BOIII SHE IS RIGHT
-FFS ITALIAN GUY™ CHEEKBONES™ WAS ALMOST FLIRTING AND YOU HAVE TO BLOODY SAY I CAN’T COME?? I AM NOW IMAGINING ZOSIA IN YOUR PLACE #CHEEKBONEZ
-WHAT IS GOING ON WITH BERLIN
-I DON’T UNDERSTAND
-I DON’T TRUST ITALIAN GUY™ NO MORE
-HOW IS JOAN WOKE AF BUT HER DAUGHTER LIKE WATCHING PAINT DRY
-YES SHORT BLONDIE GIVE DOM DAT POLICE CARD
-SHIT DEN ITALIAN GUY™ IS MARRIED??
-FUCK HIM UP CHEEKBONES™ HE DON’T DESERVE U #CHEEKBONEZ
-BITTER CHEEKBONES™ IS GREAT
-NEW KID™ IS ALWAYS IN THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME HE’S LIKE BAMBI 2.0
- HE MADE A HOLE IMA0 THIS POOR GUY GONNA BE KILLED BY CHEEKBONES I WILL PRAY 4 HIS SOUL EVEN THO I’M GOING TO HELL ANYWAYZ
-BITTER CHEEKBONES™ IS ME WHEN YOU’RE IN A GROUP PROJECT AND YOU LET OTHER PEOPLE DO SOME WORK CAUSE THEY’VE DONE FUCK ALL SO FAR AND THEN YOU JUST REVIEW THEIR WORK AND GO FUCK IT THIS IS DOG SHITE I’M REDOING IT
-BAMBI TAKING HANSEN PHOTO I’M DYING HE LOOKS GREAT
-LOVELY LESBIAN LADY™ CARES 4 ALL DE STAFF AND GIVES THEM OVERTIME WHEN THEY NEED THE MONEY I CAN’T PERFECTION IS TOO MUCH
-ITALIAN CHEEKBONES HAS GONE DOWNHILL #CHEEKBONEZ
-DOM UR NOT HANSSEN 2.0 STOP SAYING THESE WISE QUOTES LAST WEEK IT WAS ITALIAN GUY NOW IT’S YOU JEEZ
-I’VE JUST REALISED THAT OLLIE, ZOSIA’S BOYFRIEND WHO DOM WAS SHITTING ON 2 WEEKS AGO, AND NEW KID™ ARE THE SAME PERSON I DON’T KNOW IF MY BRAIN IS GETTING ENOUGH OXYGEN BECAUSE IT TOOK ME 55 MINUTES TO REALISE THIS
-IS IT JUST ME OR IS THE ARTEM CHERNICK/HIS DAUGHTER/FLETCH STORYLINE HELLA BORING LIKE WE ALL KNOW THAT IT’S JUST GONNA END UP WITH FLETCH AND SYDNEY DOING THE SEXY TIMES
-BAMBI TRYNA GET CHEEKBONES™ INVOLVED AWW
-FUK U ISAK STOP TEXTING DOM HE DON’T LOVE U NO MO
-ZOSIA BEING ALL SUPPORTIVE AW
-I MISS SERENA
-I MISS MY LESBIANS
You softly tugged on your husband’s arm, pulling it off your waist and placing it on the bed as you got up, in order to not wake him. Though, you did stir him just in the slightest by kissing his forehead, before padding away from the bed as quietly as possible.
Once you made it to the bathroom, you closed the door and looked at yourself in the long mirror just above the sinks. Lifting your shirt, you glared at the faded stretch marks on your stomach, wishing they weren’t existent, then down at the little bit of exposed skin of your thighs (also adorned in faded stretch marks), feeling your self-consciousness begin to peer through your thoughts.
Maybe if you used those dumb creams people always talked about, you criticized yourself for not having done so already. Most had said that it helped with their marks, but for you, it seemed pointless ─ if it only fades them, what’s the point? That’s what stage your stretch marks were already at, so would it even help at this point?
Furthermore, you knew it shouldn’t have mattered. Your husband didn’t think any less of you… right? Chris didn’t think you were ugly, right? He didn’t think your stretch marks were repulsive… right?
Sighing, you dropped your shirt, averting your gaze from your reflection and feeling as though you were just being dumb ─ of course Chris loved you. He swore everyday he loved you with everything he had and more, as well as the children the two of you had, so why were you questioning it now?
Maybe because people’s opinions change and that could’ve happened with Chris, a condescending thought screamed.
He still loves me, you swore to yourself, there’s no doubt that he does. He loves me, I love him. We’re happy. He doesn’t care about my stretch marks… they’re beauty marks… things that make me more unique… right?
You almost jumped when your husband opened the door, thick eyebrows furrowed and squinting slightly at the bathroom lights, smiling at you the best he could. “What are you doin’, baby?”
“Nothin’,” you lied, smiling at him. His eyelids fell over his chocolate eyes, hiding them from view as he padded over to you and wrapped his arms around your waist. His forehead leaned on your shoulder before he moved it and pressed sleepy kisses to your neck.
“What are you really doin’?” He asked, knowing you lied. He knew you like his own mind, so of course he knew you were lying.
“Doesn’t matter,” you whispered, dangling your arms off his shoulders.
Chris looked up from your neck, eyes open and aware, “Baby, don’t lie. What’s the matter?”
You hesitated, looking down and closing your eyes, “My stretch marks,” you mumbled.
“Speak up, sweetheart.”
“My stretch marks, Chris,” you said a little louder, looking up at him with wary eyes. You hated worrying your husband with your insecurities, not wanting him to be concerned about you ─ that was your job with him.
“Your beauty marks, you mean?” He corrected, pressing a kiss to your forehead.
“No,” you whispered, shaking your head, “they’re not beautiful. They’re ugly. I don’t know why you stay with me ─ I’m not good enough for you.”
“Hey, hey,” he leaned back to make eye contact with you, withdrawing one arm from your waist and lifting your chin with his thumb and forefinger. “Don’t say that. You’re beautiful, baby.”
“I’m not,” you denied once more.
“What did I just say? Don’t say that. You’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen ─ never think otherwise,” he smiled at you, his thumb caressing your cheekbone, “you do realize that our kids’ definition of beautiful begins with the word ‘mom’? And that you made those beautiful, amazing children out there?”
You looked down, still doubting yourself.
“You’ve got to listen to me when I say that I love you more than anything, and that your stretch marks, they’re not just stretch marks. They’re memory lines ─ things left behind by the children. They’re battle scars ─ remnants of what you’ve been through in life; of the things you’ve endured. They’re beauty marks, baby. You’re even more beautiful with them in my eyes. Don’t you ever forget that.”
You were smiling softly at this point, your eyes just a little red with tears. “Thank you, Christopher,” you whispered, looking directly into his sparkling brown eyes.
“Anything for you, sweetheart,” he whispered back. Leaning forward, the two of you met in a sleepy, loving kiss, just taking in the special moment.
Chris was right ─ they were beauty marks, battle scars, memory lines. Things left behind by the amazing moments in life, lines given to you as a gift to remind you everyday of what you’d been through. They were beautiful ─ you were beautiful.
10 things that absolutely happened in Baker Street after Series 4 ended...
So, like most of us in the Sherlock fandom, I have had a great variety of thoughts about the events of Series 4. For instance, I have thought about the many details from Canon they included (“The Six Thatchers” story line was a really cool update in my opinion), and the details they chose to omit for some godforsaken reason (that sweet moment from “The Three Garridebs”), and why.
But, if I’m honest, I have thought a lot more about the lives of our heroes following the ending (if S4E3 is indeed an ending). And about how that ending was, honestly, as true to Canon as it could be (Sherlock and John together solving crimes at 221 B for the rest their lives), and offered us even more than we hoped (John has a daughter and Sherlock is involved in taking care of her in some way).
So, in my mind, the following are 10 things that absolutely happen after Series 4. 10 things any sane Sherlockian will be on board with. These aren’t in any particular order.
1. Sherlock and John never again have another major falling out, like the one after S4E1. They are each other’s family. That is that. And they both deeply understand it now.
2. John apologizes sincerely and extensively for taking out his grief and rage on Sherlock and beating him up. Sherlock explains that he doesn’t think John needs to apologize; John convinces him otherwise. Sherlock forgives John, because of course John is always John and thus he is always forgiven. They go downstairs and continue their game of Monopoly with Mrs Hudson (game which, of course, Sherlock doesn’t understand the rules of, either). That is the night that John moves back in to Baker Street, with Rosie.
3. They spend a whole week redoing the flat, again: they baby-proof, clean, demolish and painstakingly make over the large upstairs bath into Rosie’s room. When I say ‘they’ I mean John and a mate down at Speedy’s who also works in construction. Sherlock has none of it and opts to leave Rosie with Mrs Hudson in favour of solving five cold cases before returning five days later.
4. Sherlock and Rosie become, eventually, father and daughter. Sherlock, of course, never thought about this happening - ever. But, sure enough, he finds himself offering to babysit while John’s at work more and more, to the point where Molly and Mrs Hudson almost never have to anymore, unless Sherlock’s on a case (read: Sherlock and John are on a case). Many, many times, he sings silly songs, and spins her around and bounces her on his knee and crashes with her on the couch because he’s been awake on a case for 72 hours and he didn’t realize it. When she is 3, he teaches Rosie to play a tiny 1/8 size violin, which he then replaces on her birthdays as she grows. When she is 4, he starts giving her lectures on science and teaches her while she looks through his microscope. He has also taken to reading to her nonfiction appropriate for children her age, as fiction is handled best by John at bedtime. The way she looks at him when he reads is so utterly John, he is almost as bewitched as she is. So he doesn’t have the heart to mock the way the authors sometimes trivialize the scientific/historical concepts. He just corrects them as politely as he can (just barely steering clear of insults) and reads. When she is 6, after she asks about her mum (for the nth time), he is finally honest, because he knows John couldn’t have been. Yet it is also him who plays the violin to soothe her to sleep after she is done crying in his arms. When she is 8, John asks Sherlock to please finally assume Rosie’s legal guardianship, only to find out Sherlock says no. Sherlock asks John if he can instead adopt her. John agrees and Sherlock does (in record time, because Mycroft gets involved). Rosie already calls Sherlock “pa” anyway.
5. John, eventually, dates sparingly - and then not at all. Whether he likes it or not (he finds that he does) he is already in a long-term relationship, even if it isn’t (yet)/won’t ever be romantic. That has always been the case, right? It has always been him. Sherlock, and now Rosie and Sherlock, very nearly occupy his entire heart. There is simply no room for anyone else. Not after Mary. It doesn’t even cross his mind to meet someone else with intent of a serious affair.
6. They both find therapists and stick to treatment at least for a little while. Sherlock’s therapist happens to be the second most patient man on the face of the planet (the first being, of course, John Watson). He is also, well, not a complete idiot. And he is just as annoying as John about Sherlock’s substance abuse problem, which means he must be doing something right. John’s therapist is an older army vet, a widower, who understands John’s anger issues and adrenaline addiction nearly better than John does himself. The very calm, mild-mannered, highly empathetic man is a stark contrast to both Sherlock and Mary, and John, oddly enough, finds he can work with him just fine.
7. Eurus and her brothers now have something of a relationship. Of COURSE she can’t leave Sherrinford again, but she does have her moments of sanity. Few and far in between though they may be. And in those times she helps Mycroft with matters that Sherlock is too much of a diva to tend to, and amuses herself composing music alongside Sherlock. She does plot their deaths, and in general people’s deaths, often in her mind, of course, but that’s beside the point because she is left absolutely no way for those plans to come to fruition. She receives lots of gifts from her family. But never again any special visitors.
8. Molly leaves for the United States when Rosie is 10. Because she needs to. After a few years of struggle, she ends up as one of the pathologists on a coincidentally all-female research team at Johns Hopkins. As she works she is hit by the notion: she is done admiring the brilliance of men whilst overlooking her own. Over her career, her team publishes dozens of peer-reviewed original research articles, crucial to the development of several new medications. She is also the editor of the general and organ-systems based anatomy curricula at three newer medical schools, where she teaches said courses. Her students, she finds, become like her children. And, given her reviews, they like her very much as well. So much she gets tenure, in fact. Whenever she is not too busy, she visits London again. She gets a coffee with John, and goes shopping with Rosie, who now is 24, and in graduate school. And she takes a walk with Sherlock. He’s aged very well, the bastard.And he is a little warmer, kinder, sweeter. It’s finally nice to be just friends.
9. Sherlock gets that knighthood. After one of the best cases of his career, actually, one John blogs about in particular detail. John takes him out to dinner to celebrate when they get back from the official string of engagements.
10. John publishes his blog in book form and it becomes a best-seller. His private practice doesn’t exactly thrive, but he does okay. Primary care offers a quiet little alternative to the life-or-death situations in his writings.
That is it. That is my collection of headcanons.
11. John makes a very strong point of celebrating Sherlock’s birthday, since he went so long without doing so. He also ropes Rosie into doing it. In fact, she is the only one who ever manages to plan a surprise party that actually surprises Sherlock.
12. John’s hair continues to be on point for eternity. So do Sherlock’s cheekbones (obviously).
13. Mycroft gets to his ideal body weight. Which is a small mercy, since he is almost, not-quite-trying, definitely-not looking for his goldfish. In between taking down the Trump presidency and knocking down a few terrorist cells.