And here’s Adrien “Meme-loving fuck” Agreste
Tbh the best part of this is the despacito post
I’m on mobile so I can’t tag back to Marinette’s profile but uuhhhhh yea that exists so just head over to my profile :)
honey: what’s your favorite memory you made this year? sunshine: 3 things you do to relax rain: put your music on shuffle and give a 5 song playlist lace: what’s your favorite piece of clothing? flowers: what’s your favorite outdoor activity? roses: what’s your favorite perfume or cologne? sunsets: give 3 movie recommendations blankets: what’s your night routine? thunder: what’s your favorite instrument? ink: favorite thing you’ve written? heartbeat: who’s your best friend? sunrise: kisses or hugs? fairy lights: who was the last person you talked to? sugar: what’s your favorite snack? wind: what’s your favorite season? trees: favorite thing about your hometown? smiles: who do you go to for comfort? skyline: the sun, the moon, or the stars? lavender: what color do you find most calming?
Hello, yes, please watch and support Marvel’s Runaways when it premiers. With the recent white washing of most of the New Mutants cast, take a minute to consider Runaways the answer to the same cried for diversity we’ve been begging from Marvel.
It’s about a kick-ass group of teen superheroes that decide to runaway and rebel against their evil super villain parents, and includes incredibly diverse characters such as:
Alex Wilder, leader and founder of the runaways, the black, genius son of mafia bosses
Nico Minoru, the goth, Japanese co-leader of the group that is the magical wiccan daughter of some dark wizards
Karolina Dean, a solar powered alien lesbian that literally turns into a fucking rainbow
Chase Stein, the son of an abusive mad scientist, has some gauntlets that manipulate fire, he’s the lone white guy
Gertrude Yorkes, the daughter of time traveling criminals with a telepathic link TO A DINOSAUR, in the comics she’s a wonderful chubby girl, in the show she’s portrayed by a non white actress (but I can’t find the specifics to let me know if you do) and she’s a hella feminist.
Molly Hayes/Hernandez, the 14 year old daughter of mutants with super strength and lots of funny hats, in the show her last name is Hernandez and she’s portrayed by a latina actress
Now if the show succeeds and get’s a second season, there’s the possibility of including other important characters like:
Xavin, the shapeshifting child of Skrull warlords, who is gender fluid and switches between their male and female forms and is Karolina’s love interest, and, although alien technically, their ‘human’ forms are not white
Klara Prast, a Swiss immigrant that was previously the child bride of an abusive older man, and she can control fucking plants
Victor Mancha, the cyborg son of FUCKING ULTRON, while he’s a cyborg he’s covered in human tissue and flesh and in Latino
Besides all the amazingly important and wonderful representation it includes, the story is also so intense and full fleshed out and deals with finding your place and the fear of turning into your parents and how to be your own person. And it touches on identity and dealing with loss and it’s really just so good.
We’ve been complaining about and demanding better than Marvel’s white washed male dominated line ups for years and this is the show to counteract all that and PROVIDE THAT DIVERSITY AND PROVE IT’S A SELLING POINT FOR AUDIENCES.
WATCH THE TRAILER HERE AND SUPPORT RUNAWAYS WHEN IT AIRS ON HULU PLEASE AND THANK YOU!
WATCH TO ALL THE BOYS I’VE LOVED BEFORE! ANOTHER ROM COM WITH AN ASIAN LEAD! WATCH IF YOU LOVE FAKE RELATIONSHIP AUs! WATCH IF YOU LOVE MOVIES ABOUT FAMILY AND LOVE AND SISTERHOOD! AND IF YOU LOVE THE MOVIES,READ THE BOOK! SUPPORT POC MOVIES! THIS IS A BIG WEEK FOR REPRESENTATION! PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS AND SUPPORT THIS MOVIE!
- has a dark-skinned, fat black woman as the sexy mysterious hottie of the office and it’s not about her “overcoming” anything or anything it’s just a thing, and she’s not “killing men with her sharp eyeliner” or being a bad person at the same time she’s just very confident and she also gets married without losing that (Donna)
- there’s a biracial latina who isn’t all spicy or fiery or remotely stereotypical at all but her heritage and culture aren’t ignored either and her plot line doesn’t center around that (April)
- has a gay guy but there’s no coming out scene or no big stink about it, it just kinda ends up coming up, and he isn’t stereotyped, nor does his story revolve around that (Craig)
- has a depiction of depression that isn’t traditional or stereotypical, especially because the character that gets it is so positive, and shows the character dealing in a healthy way and overcoming it and he’s not reduced to his mental illness and you can see that he is more than that (Chris)
- has an Indian character who deals with racism but is also allowed to be a complete multi-dimensional character with recognizable experiences and qualities separate from that, and also who ends up owning a successful business (Tom)
- there are modern native americans interacting with the people who took their land generations later and exposes some of their issues (Ken Hotate and the Wamapoke)
- shows the bad side of government and the realistic racism, sexism, bureaucracy, etc. that goes on but it also has good hearted candidates who show what good people can do when we believe in them and vote for them (Leslie)