A noona fan called in, not telling who she was a fan of at first. As she described the member she likes, one of the things she mentioned was “his dad ran a bakery”. While the other members didn’t know who, Sehun was the only one who immediately looked at Jongin and knew who she was referring to (and that tiny smirk on his face as the other members wonder who bYE). x
- First group to achieve an All-Kill within 3 hours
- Artist with the most pre sales (500k)
- Biggest sales week for a kpop group ever
- Best charting for a kpop album on the Billboard 200 for EXODUS (70 and 90)
- Highest charting album for a male group
- Beat SNSD for the best selling album on Gaon
- EXODUS album being #1 On Gaon for 4 consecutive weeks
- A webdrama which reached 50,000,000 views, being the first Korean webdrama submitted to the Cannes Film Market. Offers from big names in Japan, Hong Kong, Thailand, Taiwan…
- Baek ost is the first drama ost to be #1 on digital charts
- 18 wins on Music Shows for the same song (CMB)
- Beat BB record for sold out artists
- Tokyo Dome concerts only after 3 years
- 1.2 M EXO-L trying to buy tickets for Exoluxion (that could fill 21 Tokyo Domes)
- Ranked #1 at Forbes Korea (Korea #1 power celebrity)
- Won 4 times in 4 different categories at MAMA 2014 + Album of the year for 2 consecutive years (and probably three )
- Topped Gaon Digital with the highest streaming total of 2015
- Has one of the most powerful and successful endorsement deals
- Has ¼ of the physical market to themselves for consecutive years
- Has one of the biggest online fandom sits wit over 3 Million fans
- Nearly 500,000,0000 in Total Youtube Views
- Most streams for an Asian artist on Spotify with half a million with the EXODUS on debut day.
“But EXO is still seen as something only ‘fangirls’ care for an the ‘public’ doesn’t care.”
“EXO can’t be the nations boy group when the public doesn’t know their music”
When I see comments like this it bothers me. So what if EXO doesn’t have the public wrapped around their finger. Music is subjective, and rather if your a fan girl or a regular old joe. You’re going to like what you like. This Idea that only success comes if the public knows you is utter BS. It’s nice to have public support but that doesn’t garner success. If you don’t have a fandom backing you to get the word out there, ain’t no one checking for your shit.
You can have the money and the general public all you want but if your fandom isn’t buying your shit and your ass is only a one hit wonder or you can never live up to your last hit… don’t say the general public is everything, because the publics taste changes ever so often. If they won’t buy they wont buy it.
Instead of sticking to a sound for people who have been backing you ass for years. You’re sitting here trying to please the public with boring old music that’s the same shit over and over. You don’t grow as an artist and you remain the same. Meaning the public is only buying your music for the name not quality.
Funny I say that because its the same shit these people claim a fan does. Hmmm….
While your sitting here saying EXO only has fans, EXO will never have the general public, EXO this and EXO that. Us fans will sit here enjoy this good old hot tea and continue to collect these lovely receipts. It’s only 3 years in and still growing. Why settle for just the general public. When you have the fans worldwide.
You can keep saying fandom power is what gets EXO success. No matter what those fans were once apart of the general public. Don’t forget that.
Fans are what rank in the money and can create a receipt as lovely as the one above. With popularity and fans and spreading the word it turns non-fans into fans. That general public you claim thats so important. Looks like fans to me.
At the end of the day. General public lasts for so long and can only get you so far, but a fan… oh a fan. That’s the real Tea.