Zen and Jumin having a little sister who is depressed and have anxiety but hides it behind her smiles, jokes and corny puns. I'm sorry if this disturbs you, I'm just really having a bad life. You don't have to do this if you're uncomfortable with it. Thank you.
Oh, sweetie, I’m so sorry it took so long for me to answer you, I was just following the order of the requests, I hope you’re feeling better by now. If you feel like it, come by and talk to me a little, okay? I really want to know if you’re feeling better…
I also wish I had something better for your request, but that’s all I could think of.
(I’m not sure if it is necessary, but):
TW: Mentionings of depression and anxiety
- It’s been a while since they haven’t seen each other, things been weird ever since he left to pursue his acting career
- She missed him more than she though she would. Most of the time they were fighting, anyway.
- But as soon as she saw him, she couldn’t hold back this huge smile and all those bad puns about his hair turning grey at such a young age
- He smiled softly, yeah, he missed this, he missed the teasing, he missed all the good and bad things only her sister could pull it off
- He seemed fine! Great, actually… he talked about the roles he was managing to get, and with so much enthusiasm!
- “Yeah, I could use some of your joy now, bro.” you said, more to yourself than to him, but he listened.
- “Okay, what did mom do right now?”he let out a deep sigh and asked.
- “Nothing! I swear, it’s just… it’s hard, you know? Having this illness and people don’t really seeing as a disease… I’m kinda of done right now, I guess.”
- “I see… well, you know I’m not a therapist, so I don’t really know what to tell you…” “Just you not saying that I should just smile and try not to feel sad is really useful, bro, believe me.”
- “Well, I do. I… always believe in you, sis, even when you don’t believe in yourself, you know? And… I’m sorry if I’ve been a little distant, but you know I’ll always be there for you, right?” “Yeah, I know…” she rests her head on his shoulder briefly.
- “And, you know, if things get too tough, you can always move in with me!”. She scoffed: “We as roomies? That would never work, Hyun!”
- “Why not?” “Because you would freak out everytime I brought someone to stay over. What would be our code? A tie in the knob?”
- “I… don’t think we should be discusing this. And you should never bring a man to your place!” “So I should go to his place?”
- “NO! THAT’S EVEN WORSE! Just… focus on your studies for now, okay? You’re smart, just finish. When you do, I’ll help you get a decent job. We’ve got each other’s backs, don’t we?” “Yes, of couse we do!”
- “Good, so stop talking about men and focus on your studies.” “That coming from school dropout himself…”
- “Well, I’m not as smart as you. But don’t waste your talent! You probably disagree with me, but you’re smart, talented, amazing and will make through everything, I swear.”
- “Okay, granie, I’ll… I’ll consider evrything you said… and YOU! Don’t get away of my sight like this again, okay?”
- He didn’t answer her, at least not with words, he just hugged her tightly. Well, that was the right answer after all.
- They’re half brother and sister. She is the daughter of some of his father’s ex wife
- Not that it matters, because somehow he always found himself… liking you and… caring for her, like he generally never cared or liked any of his stepmothers.
- Maybe because she’s nothing like her mother? Or just because she was the only one who doesn’t bother him with annoying questions about girlfriends and such?
- Even with her weird sense of humor and all, he always felt a little more comfortable around her than with the rest of the world. Even when his father and her mother weren’t together anymore.
- It’s been a while since they don’t see each other, she was tudying abroad and got back recently. Okay, not really an excuse hen you have Skype or FaceTime, but still… they both have been busy, let’s put it that way.
- “So, are you really in line for being CEO?” “I suppose is a little early to discus this, my father is very healthy and he probably will stay as CEO for a few more years… what about you? Preparing yourself to take over your family business?”
- She let out a sigh: “Don’t even get me started on this, bro. I… forget it.” “Go ahead, tell me.”
- “I… I wasn’t studying abroad. I… I was at this clinic…” he doesn’r really understand how this answers his previous question. “Clinic?”
- “It was a mental insitution, I… have been struggling again…” oh, now he gets it, yes, he remembers their brief conversations about depression and anxiety, how she was scared of starting to take those meds…
- “Are you feeling better now?” “That’s a very relative and subjective question. It’s not like you to make this kind of question…”
- “Yes, I appologize…” “Don’t be so formal, bro. I was just messing with you. But… to answer you, I… it’s a journey, you know what I mean? Some days I feel like I’m at the top of the world, ready to conquer and divide, but there are those other days… and I just… want to disappear, forever, if possible.”
- “Make sure to contact me when these days come, then. I’m… not good at comforting and I don’t think I can possibly relate to your problems, but you can come here and just… vent. Walk in my garden, pet Elizabeth the 3rd.” You scoff “I read somewhere animals are a great therapy, please consider my offer. She won’t judge you, and if you’re wondering, neither will I.”
- If she wasn’t paying fully attention on this, she would never notice how kind his words were, because his tone was so stoic and monotone, but he has always been like this: kind in a unnusual way.
- “Actually, maybe we can manage to help each other. I… I may be in need for some advice from a… female perspective.” ohohoho, was Jumin Han in love? She wanted to tease him, but nah, she would never do this, she knew how uncomfortable this was for him.
- “Sure, anything you need. We’ve got each other’s back. ” she patted his hand quickly and smiled.
- “Yes, we always had.” he tried to pat her shoulder, but this felt out of place for both of them.
- Actually, she was always more comfotable knowing she could always count on his reliable words, this was more important than hugs and pats.