Conversation about why LGBTQ+ needs Rep.
- Him: Why are films adding so many gay characters this year?
- Me: They are trying to be inclusive and represent us.
- Him: they're trying to shove downs gayness down people's throat!
- Me: no they're not. They wanna show we're here! We have feelings and we need accurate representation.
- Him: my thing is, it's either a learned condition or a generic condition. You're defective.
- Me: I'm not defective because I'm gay! It's not a learned condition because my life is full of heteros and I'm still hella gay.
- Me: if heteros get to be represented, why can't LGBTQ+ be as well?
- Him: why do you want to be represented?
- Me: So that they know we are all human and we matter. No one is going to jump a straight couple holding hands on the streets. No one is going to call them names just for loving who they love! We go through life being judged and hurt by other simply because they don't understand. That's why we need representation.