if when I was younger someone told me that when I’d be 24, I’d be blogging about how the Pink Ranger from that weird dinosaur robots show my brother is forcing me to watch is a power bottom and the Yellow Ranger is a service top at 1:40am on a Wednesday like it was the most important subject of debate in the world, I’d have probably cried for 10 hours straight
Literally looks up “how to blacklist a tag on Tumblr mobile”
Because the Steven Universe fandom right now is people just insulting the leaked images and people very blatantly insulting the crewniverse. You “critic” blogs, don’t even know what a critic is. What you want to do is look up constructive criticism, instead of using your opinion as a reason the rudely comment about peoples art.
“My design is better” but you didnt make a TV show now did you?
“They don’t need children defending them” they also don’t need children offending them.
Or to the people that say “I don’t watch the show anymore but-” stop there. You don’t watch the show, you aren’t allowed to just comment about how you don’t like something.
That’s what the SKAM fandom has become. A fucking mess between :
- The creepy fans. They are hardcore fans. They are obsessed with Evak. They watched like 50 times, season 3. They know every lines by heart. They managed to do 2-3 trip to Olso, not for the beauty of Norway of course, only to see the two principal actors. On tumblr, their only occupation is reblogging stuff concerning Evak, Tarjei Sandvik Moe (“MY PRECIOUS SON”) and Henrik Holm (“RAY of SuNshIne”) (“BEST ACTOR IN THE WORLD”) (“I’M SO EMOTIONAL” or “I’M CRYING Tarjei or Henrik is buying some orange juice”) and answering Anon who is telling them ”Gurl, it’s gross, stop shipping Tarjei and Henrik together.“ ” You have to distinguish the character from the actor“. They don’t care, they’re too far gone, they will keep shipping them anyway because “I don’t hurt anybody doing that”.
- The Norwegian weaboo. They throw some “Halla”, “Alt er love”, “Nei” and “Fy Faen” in ALL their fucking post even if they are just talking about idk lasagna. They remind you everyday that they are now master in Norwegian thanks to Duolingo. Suddenly, since Skam, half of Tumblr is Norwegian and live in Oslo and have (if it’s not them) ”friends who knew / go to the same school / did a party / hang out (cross out the wrong indications) with Henrik, Marlon and Tarjei". Yes, little we knew, Oslo is a village of 100 peoples.
- The Yousana shippers. Some muslims, many who aren’t. Innocent, they don’t understand what’s the big deal with the fact that Yousef doesn’t believe in God. Some even except a kiss between Yousef and Sana. LOL. My sweet summer child, you can wait.
- The Jonas (”Eyebrows god”) stan. My favorite. They’re just worried about their fave since he disappeared completely this season.
- The Eva stan. They’re just most of the time praising her and her “fabulous mermaid hair”.
- The seeker of the truth 1. The one who only care about this ETERNAL question in the universe : Is Vilde a lesbian ? They’re no doubt for them, and the answer is “YES”. They dislike Magnus with passion and (like 99% of the fandom) can’t stand Magnus and Vilde making out session. They reclaim the truth from Julie Andem ALL THE TIME.
- The seeker of the truth 2. The one who only care about contradict them. “Vilde is NOT a lesbian”. They’re personally offended by this supposition. Why ? Nobodies know.
- The artist. They just draw or do “aesthetic edit” about Skam. Half of their caption is “Alt er love”-“Du er ikke alene”-“Be kind. Everyone is fighting a battle you know nothing about”. If you have an “aesthetic gif set” about one of the girl squad then you can be sure that you will find the picture of “a MAC lipstick slightly open with behind a white grayish background” in it.
- The Penetrator Chris Stan. Mostly young, they live in their bubble. They don’t take part of any fandom’s drama because they’re not invested enough. Isak ? Nope. Even ? Nope. Sana ? Nope. Noora ? Nope. LGBTQ representation ? Nope. POC representation ? Nope. ON-LY THIS FUCK-BOY MA-TTER FOR THEM. You easily recognize them because of their self-insert-imagine Readers where they are “William’s little sister and Chris secret lover” or when “You (Y/N) and jealous Chris are fucking in the kitchen”.
- The Noorhell shippers. Maybe they were the original, the first one, SKAM fans on Tumblr. Who knows ? They live in the past. They are still too invested in their shitty ship. They are an endangered specie now or maybe just hiding till the Wilhelm hate shit storm calm down.
- The pepsi-max girl stan. Just kidding, nobody care about them.
- The “Guys I have this incredible NEW theory : water is wet”. They are like weeks late in the season and just rehearse a theory who was already confirmed or already enunciated already by hundred of persons before.
- DISCOURSE GROUP 1. The “Sana’s season is too boring”. Mostly white girl, mostly straight, “they can’t relate to Sana because “she (an arab muslim straight girl) is too different” but they had zero difficulties to relate to Isak during season 3 (a white gay boy). Why ? You already know the answer. You can pair them with the Evak creepy fangirl, most of them came from this group. Until know, they were just a pain in the ass with their “ok it’s not that I don’t care about Sana (in fact, surprise, they don’t) but WHERE IS EVEN ?”. They cried when the S4 trailers was released. After their little crisis, they wrote 10K long ass meta about why in fact every little details in this trailer was related to Even and not Sana. Still delusional, they don’t want to move on. They don’t talk or reblog stuff from S4, only from S3 (OR S4 but only if it concerns Evak of course). They wrote many theories about the balloon squad and how problematic they were. This friday, they were apparently “proven right” to their greatest joy with Mikael and Even’s story. YAY. Since you can hear them yelling “all religions are evil and homophobic and needs to disappear (BUT if Islam could be the ONLY ONE to burn it would be nice”). Suddenly they adore Sonja (who was ”a bitch” during season 3) If you ask them not to jump to conclusion with Mikael (“the rat”), you are homophobic yourself and obviously awfully racist against white people (???).
- DISCOURSE GROUP 2. The Sana’s stan/ muslims one. They waited so long for Sana’s season and muslim representation. They have no time for your “lowkey islamophobic white ass” (”Sana is too white in this gifset” “ Pepsi-max girls sucks” “We don’t care about Willhell/ Evak/ Noora ” ( cross out the wrong indications) ). This season is very personal for them but to their surprise, it’s anything but what they expected. They have mixed feelings every new clip. They tried to educate the others Skam fans about some concept of Islam but people are not very receptive so they started to give up. Despite friday clip, they are still defending Mikael and the balloon squad against the various attack from the DISCOURSE GROUP 1. Easily offended, they can be a little too protective of Sana, her mom, and the balloon squad. It appears that they lost all their patience and decided for the best or the worst to let the fandom burn.
- THE OTHERS. The one who just enjoy the show, their favorite characters and favorite ships. They’re just watching the drama from afar. Sometimes, they low-key have a side but are too lazy to make a post about it. They’re just incredibly tired of this mess.
Can we talk about how happy and supportive Meredith was for Nathan, even though I’m sure it broke her inside?! Because she knew how overjoyed she would be if she were in his place and it was Derek not Megan?! This is why I love Meredith Grey.
Speaking of people watching this show through their own filters… I just read a post saying Dean can’t function well in society with the regular folk because he has no concept of social niceties so that’s why it’s so important to have Sam to smooth the way for him on cases, and it had so many notes??? On the up side, I found a new Dean + Misconceptions post to work on.
looky there, a social nicety and good reaction gif
I just wanted to say you're hilarious. I don't even watch the show anymore or have much fandom interaction at all except for your blog. Love it. 10/10. Maybe you should write for the show. 😆Thanks for the laughs.
Scene 2 - Indoors - A Dim Hallway
[Dean and Sam look down at a dead body, covered in blood. The hallway is dark except for a single lit bulb, directly behind Dean’s head. It casts a light on the body so you can’t see it’s face. There is a somber atmosphere in the air until-]
Franchesca, I love you, I love decoded, but I literally cannot watch it on youtube anymore- I have to watch it straight from mtv(.)com (a website I don't even use in the first place) because the comments are so triggering. PLEASE, why can't mtv disable comments and start blocking trolls? Any joy I get from decoded and similar series is almost instantly dissipated when I see that like/dislike bar and thousands of anonymous people debating my humanity
Hey! Thanks for watching and supporting the show, it means a lot. The comments on YouTube are notoriously bad, so I’m glad you’re taking the steps to avoid them by watching on MTV’s dedicated Decoded page. Just as a heads up, the show is also shared on Facebook, so you can always watch it on my page. As for the current state of the YouTube comments, that’s not something I can do anything about. I don’t manage the channel or have a say in how it’s managed.
I can say though, disabling comments negatively impacts search results and moderating comments takes a lot of additional time beyond managing uploads. I wish I had a more concrete answer or that hateful comments weren’t part of the YouTube viewing experience, but sadly it seems to come with the territory when talking about social justice online. Thanks again for continuing to support Decoded despite it all.