Me and my cousins watched Snow White and I can’t help thinking of nct dream and omg just hear me out OKAY
DOC IS MARK
- Is the fully capable leader. - ehem not so fully capable tbh - I bet Doc can’t fry an egg for his life. - stutters - Listens to grumpy (which is lowkey Donghyuck) one sec but the other sec he disagrees with whatever bad idea he has. - Is probably scared af when they face problems but tries to maintain a calm composure so the other members could follow. - Like when they washed. - he was nervous af but he was the one who took the lead. - just like how Mark tries to keep his best not to cry when they won their award when most of them are already crying :’)
GRUMPY IS DONGHYUCK FITE ME
- Stubborn af - Savage - TSUNDERE JUST TSUNDERE - Is the one who mostly picks a fight with Doc (Mark) - GUYS OMG GRUMPY COULD PLAY THE PIANO SO DOES DONGHYUCK. - guys, even though grumpy was grumpy about playing the piano he still plays it IM– - Again tsundere, pretends to not care but he is the one who acts first when Snow White was in trouble. - Just like how Donghyuck takes care of his members, he was the one who fed Taeyong in nct life first cause he was still cooking, he fed mark in mmc too despite of how he refused too :’) - Even though he is grumpy/ savage he loves his members
HAPPY IS JAEMIN THE NAME SAYS IT ALL
- Again, Happy. - This dwarf is the smiliest of course. - I mean Jaemin, his smile is blinding. - When there is tension Happy would be the one who would be bubbly and all smiles. - Jaemin is named healing smile - you know heals the tension with his smile. -You get it.
SLEEPY IS JISUNG
- The members did mention Jisung probably sleep the most. - I recall them saying he could sleep anywhere. - I dunno - The kid does sleep a lot, he is very tall. - Sleepy always sleeps, of course. - And when they are in a group he seems clueless. - He is clueless most of the time. - But he manages to get through every situation. - How - Like Jisung. - Remember mmc.
DOPEY IS CHENLE
- dopey is the youngest and ehem the cutest. - Im not saying that Chenle is hella cute but that’s exactly what I’m saying. - You see dopey doesn’t talk. - but can scream and what not - kinda like Chenle - He only knows limited korean - And he is capable of doing unhuman dolpin scream - I think dopey is also number one for shameless extra anticts - exactly like Chenle - Also soft af -his name is dopey - dope - Awesome - Chenle - President
BASHFUL IS RENJUNNNNNIEEEE
- I really think bashful is like Renjun - Mainly because shy type - but who knows. - he might just be shy - blushes a lot. - DID YALL SEE HOW RENJUN GETS BASHFUL WHEN MARK SAID HE WAS CUTE AFSJSVDBDJD
LASTLY JENO IS SNEEZY
- I couldn’t put Jeno on anywhere before - that’s why i hesitated on doing this. - But, the accuracy omg. - I didn’t think the 7 dwarves are so accurate to nct dream - Jeno owns cats. - but he is allergic to them - I could only imagine Jeno sneezing nonstop when he is around his cats.
ANGST WARNING: This is a sorta-AU set during the last chapter. I’ve seen a lot of fics with Liam being incredibly gracious when he finds out about Drake and MC (I’ve written them myself), but he’s only human and I can’t imagine how much it would hurt him. Honestly, I’m slightly terrified for the next chapters.
36 - “Tell me I’m wrong.”
43 - “Are you drunk?”
Special thanks to @blazerina for encouraging me to get this finished! :)
Late at night, the grounds of House Beaumont are quiet and dark. Liam takes advantage of the peace to walk through the vineyards alone with his thoughts. He can scarcely believe that soon he’s going to have to choose a bride, a wife…a queen. His thoughts drift from suitor to suitor but always return to Louisa. Is she up to the challenge of being queen? He believes she can do anything, but he’s acutely aware of the trials this life brings. Leo’s mother abandoned her husband and child, breaking under the pressure. Does he have any right to ask Louisa to take on a life like this? Can he choose someone he loves but who is inexperienced and potentially unprepared for the duties of the crown? Or should he choose someone more “appropriate” who understands this world, but will only ever be a partner and never truly someone he loves?
Liam sighs as the answers to his questions escape him. He keeps walking the grounds, lost in his thoughts. It’s only as he approaches the house that the sound of hushed voices interrupts his reverie.
“We can’t meet like this again. I have to tell him.”
Drake? Liam steps quietly toward the open window that his friend’s voice drifts out from.
Liam starts as he recognizes Louisa’s voice. A sinking feeling begins tugging at his heart. He leans over slightly and peeks in the window and through the sheer curtains that are waving gently in the cool breeze, he sees them.
Drake and Louisa are lying on the bed together. They’re fully clothed but that doesn’t diminish the intimacy between them. Drake holds Louise close to his side. One of his hands absently runs through her hair while the other hand rests on her waist, his thumb making lazy circles on the strip of exposed skin at the bottom edge of her t-shirt. Their legs are tangled together and Louisa’s fingers drift over Drake’s chest and neck, as though she can’t stop touching him.
Liam rears backward, their betrayal hitting him like a freight train. No.
“I want you, Louisa.” Drake’s words are dagger in Liam’s heart, but still he can’t seem to look away.
“I think…I think I’m falling in love with you” Drake continues in a soft voice, his grip on Louisa’s waist tightening as he pulls her even closer, “and I don’t regret a single thing that’s happened tonight, but we have to tell Liam before anything else happens.”
“You’re right,” Louisa sighs, “You’re right and I think I’m falling for you too, Drake.” She looks up at him with such incredibly affection that Liam has to bite his lip from crying out. Neither Drake nor Louisa move from their lover’s embrace and after a moment Louisa’s hand comes up and she runs a finger along Drake’s lower lip. Liam watches as Drake bites her finger gently before ducking his head and capturing her lips in a tender, passionate kiss.
Liam stumbles away from the window. No. No. God, no. How can they do this? He wanders into the house, not really seeing where’s he’s going. He ends up in the Beaumont library. Numb as he is, his mind remembers this place and where Bertrand keeps the good whiskey.
Not even bothering to turn on the light, Liam cross the moonlit room and pulls a bottle out of the globe-shaped bar cart. He pours himself a finger of whiskey with a shaking hand. He swallows it down in one go and pours another. Even as he slings it back, he’s sure not even the strongest drink in the world will be able to erase the image of Louisa wrapped around Drake and kissing him with such love and tenderness or the sound of Drake telling Louisa he’s falling in love with her. How could they?
Ditching the glass, Liam takes the whiskey bottle by the neck and stumbles over to a chair in a darkened corner of the library. He feels sick, his stomach churning like a stormy sea. His best friend and the girl he loves. How could they? The thought reverberates in his mind again and again. Taking a swig from the bottle, Liam suddenly hears someone whistling softly from outside the library doors. The tune is an old jazz standard and the lyrics swirl through Liam’s mind as the whistling gets closer.
My yesterday was blue, dear Today I’m a part of you, dear My lonely nights are through, dear Since you said you were mine
A moment later, Drake appears in the doorway. In the dim light, Liam can make out a contented smile on his (former?) best friend’s face. The happiness radiating from Drake changes the sick feeling in Liam’s stomach into a ball of burning anger. He watches as Drake, still whistling, searches through the bottles. He’s happy. He and Louisa have ruined my life and he’s happy.
“You’re too late,” Liam says bitterly, swigging once again from the bottle.
Drake jumps, startled, “Jesus, Liam! What are you doing sitting here in the dark?”
“Drinking to forget something that cannot be forgotten.”
“Oh, god. Are you drunk, Liam?” Drake asks, stepping closer to him. “You always get weirdly poetic when you’re drunk.”
“I’m not drunk. Not yet. But my god, I wish I was,” Liam seethes.
Drake squints at him in the dark, “What’s going on, Liam?”
“You and Louisa,” Liam accuses, his voice low and angry.
“What?” Drake’s eyes widen. “What about me and Louisa?”
“What do you think, Drake? I saw you. I saw the two of you…together.” That sick feeling is back and Liam swallows hard against the bile rising in his throat.
“I…I don’t…” Drake hedges, avoiding Liam’s gaze.
“Tell me I’m wrong. Please, tell me I’m wrong,” Liam begs, desperate for Drake to tell him that this all some sort of nightmare.
“Liam…I’m sorry. I’m so sorry,” Drake murmurs, guilt and pain written across his face. Liam’s eyes slide shut. The whiskey in his stomach threatens to come back up. How could they?
“I didn’t mean for this to happen, Liam.”
Liam opens his eyes to see Drake standing before him. He looks utterly broken, staring at the floor, a glisten of unshed tears in his eyes. But suddenly, Liam feels no compassion for the man before him, the man he once considered a brother. A cold feeling steals over Liam’s heart as he comes to his feet unsteadily.
“I need you to leave, Drake.”
Drake’s eyes fly up to meet Liam’s. “Liam, no. Please don’t.”
“I need you to leave. You and Louisa both. I can’t handle this right now. I have a decision to make and your betrayal…” he lets the word linger between them, watches Drake flinch visibly at it, “has made my life infinitely more difficult.”
“Liam, we didn’t…”
“You didn’t mean to hurt me? You did. Your intentions are irrelevant. I may be able to forgive you…one day, but right now you need to go.”
Liam steps around Drake and walks out the door wondering where he’s supposed to go from here.
I’ve been seeing this pop up three times in the past few months lately, so I wanted to make a general post: please don’t say your character has melanism, guys, or is melanistic as a mutation?
I can see why it might come up as a possible mutation in-verse, as the inverse of albinism. But albinism is a multi-faceted term that encompasses a number of different pigmentation issues, and which also comes with health issues other than simply lower pigment. While it’s still arguably tasteless, given the issues that people with albinism face in certain areas of the world, itis ultimately a medical condition.
Melanism is literally just an increased amount of melanin in the skin or fur. When you say your character has melanism, you are not only specifically drawing attention to darker skin as something that is abnormal for the species - you are setting a standard in your particular setting that it is actually wrong to have darker skin for trolls.
While a lot of members of the fantroll community are white or light-skinned and may not have to deal with this issue, colourism is a serious issue IRL for a lot of us. It isn’t pleasant to come online and realise that we might have to deal with it in regards to our alien characters of a completely different species as well. While canon features trolls discriminating against one another in a variety of ways in canon, skintones are not one of them.
And honestly, if you’re going to make something that is literally just a physical facet into a notable character trait, it’s worth considering why you want to make this a part of your setting in the first place? I’m always delighted to see fantrolls with dark skin! It becomes iffy when dark skin becomes something that has to be justified.
I don’t know
why, but I totally picture the relationship between Gran Torino and Nana to be
similar to the one Aizawa and Toshinori have.
You know –
one is the grumpy but caring type who is so
absolutely done with his utterly positive sunshine of a colleague and just
wants to go back to sleep, thank you very much – after all, they never asked to
be dragged into this, they never asked to come to care for their students who
get into trouble way too much and make them worry way too often.
the other, always smiling sunshine who has absolutely no problem with caring,
who in facts want to adopt all the students and teach them how to go into the
world with a smile, but who are a bit too dorky, too rush and all too ready to
endanger themselves if they can save others with it.
can we just let Gran Torino and Aizawa meet, because I think they would hit it
right off. Like, I don’t know:
I know Matt is saying this in a joking manner, I know that, but I actually feel like this about Simon. I get a real fuckboy vibe from him and I don’t like it. I also hate the trope of the best friend who things he has a right to the girl just because he has been there for her. His whole “I’m so good and nerdy and would never hurt a fly” thing annoys me to no end. He is going to hurt Maia, I just know it and I’m not here for it. Just like he did with Maureen.