I just found a cute outline version of an aquarium au i’m working on. I ended up changing it a lot after but this was the first draft.
Lance: 24, works as a dolphin trainer at the aquarium. Studied marine biology at school and has loved the ocean his whole life. Lives in San Diego. He gets the best of both worlds with his job because he’s around the ocean all day and he gets to help it and teach people. He was also practically born to do dolphin shows. Looks great in a wetsuit, gets to play with dolphins and yap people’s ears off about them in a big stadium, spend time with his favorite Pacific White Sided Dolphin, Blue.
Keith: 25, met Lance at the zoo when he tried to climb into the penguin exhibit to get a better look. Keith was there with his brother, his wife and their three year old daughter when he saw Lance climbing into the trainer platform of the penguin exhibit. Keith had never seen someone so bright and beautiful in his whole life even as Lance tripped and nearly face planted into the water. Keith ran over and helped him climb out before the zookeepers came to probably arrest him, and Lance treated him to cotton candy and a stuffed animal as thanks. Keith ends up ditching his brother and buys Lance a penguin stuffed animal instead of the real thing. They go on a date the next week.
- 2 months into their relationship Keith wakes up and sees a cute note Lance left him with directions, as well as breakfast and a dorky aquarium t-shirt he has to wear.
- Keith goes to the aquarium and looks around a bit before finding his place in the stadium
- When lance starts talking in the over com, Keith looks around like an excited little kid. He probably shouts to the kids next to him in the splash zone that his boyfriend is up there.
- Lance shows up in his wetsuit with a pod of rescue dolphins swimming around him.
- Keith thinks about the day he met Lance (penguin incident) and how he’s never seen someone so passionate about what they love, and he experiences that first hand, he thinks, with the way his boyfriend treats him. Too good, in his opinion, especially for only two wonderful months.
- Keith watches the show and at one point Lance tries to get him to come up on the tank dock to wave to Blue, but he shakes his head shyly and a kid next to him goes up instead. Lance will probably insist next time
- After the show, Lance brings Keith around the back really quick to say hi to a dolphin.
- They lock up when it gets dark and it ends with them standing at the bottom of the tank glass, watching the animals swim by, and Keith is in love