Bury Bad Habits Spell
Among the most famous hexing spells are those involving miniature-sized personalized coffins left on the spell target’s doorsteps. This coffin spell is traditionally as much an act of sheer intimidation as it is a magical spell, however it can be put to less malevolent uses. Use the little coffin spell below to lay issues to rest and, in particular, to bury addictions.
- Create a small coffin. You will need a little box. You can find one or make one, however the imagery should be very clear: there should be no ambiguity regarding the type of box. Inspiration, or a box itself, may be taken from Mexican Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos) handicrafts.
- Paint the outside of the box black. Decorate with purple glitter glue if desired.
- Traditionally the box contains a small doll, which may or may not be personalized so that the identity of the target is clear. Consider how to personify your addiction.
- Accompany and reinforce this spell with intensive candle burning.
- The doll may be pierced with pins. Add candle stubs, leftover spell wax, graveyard dirt, asafetida, and banishing powder, especially Lost and Away Powder.
- Dress everything with Banishing Oil.
Traditionally the coffin is left on your target’s doorstep. Consider appropriate places to leave it, or bury the little coffin
within a cemetery.
You may find just making the box therapeutic in itself.
In which case, reserve the box for ritual use or destroy it.
(from The Element Encyclopedia of 5,000 Spells by Judika Illes)