Rapid-senpai, what does a comic pitch entail? Are the synopsis and sample artwork a *must*?
The synopsis can’t be skipped. For example, Dark Horse wants
- one to two sentence pitch (summary condensed as hard as possible)
- a 300 word synopsis (no more no less) for a four part series pitch,
- a complete outline of the whole story (1. Dog sees car. 2. Dog bites car tire. 3. Dog pops tire. The end.),
- and six consecutive pages of art for it.
Links to download sites are no longer accepted. Attachments sent to email@example.com only.
Image Comics wants
- a cover letter
- a one page synopsis
- five pages of sequential art for this comic
- and a cover mock up
Submissions sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to their address
They do not want originals (send low res files or photocopies), long prose works, paragraphs in the cover letter where all you do is toot your own horn, or character profiles.
Professionalism is all about brevity.