listen you can ship whatever you want but never again compare steggy and stucky, peggy is the single most important person in steve's life, she has motivated him to do everything he does, she has been his only support in life, wouldnt be cap without her and he has never loved will never love anyone else more than he loves peggy, it's nowhere near a radom childhood friend that died in the war, just cause you want to see two hot dudes kissing doesnt mean you will prop bucky and steve's friendship
Wow……I mean I literally said in the post that disregarding the depth and extent of Steve and Bucky’s bond to justify a het pairing is the most thinly veiled example of homophobia in the fanbase and here you are….proving my point lmao.
Let’s break this down shall we:
-“Peggy is the single most important person in Steve’s life” - False. Bucky was. Quote to support- “Best friends since childhood, Bucky Barnes and Steven Rogers were inseparable on both schoolyard and battlefield.”
- “She has motivated him to do everything he does.” - False. Bucky has been his driving motivation throughout all 3 Cap movies. Quote to support - “I won’t stop until all of Hydra are captured or dead” (spoken after Hydra were the cause of Bucky falling)
- “She has been his only support in life” - False??? She was literally around for like 2 years of his life, if that. They kissed one time and never went on a date. Bucky however, literally at times the only support he had. Quote to support - “Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky.”
- “Wouldn’t be Cap without her.” False. He was already Cap. He got chosen to be Cap bc he already had all the characteristics they wanted for their poster boy. It was Erskine who gave him the serum not Peggy. And the moment he actually became Captain America: The First Avenger™ was when he went on a one man solo mission with the sole intention of rescuing Bucky. That’s when he became more than just a “dancing monkey.”, his need to protect Bucky. Quote to support - “What are you going to do, walk to Austria?” “If that’s what it takes.”
- “He has never loved, will never love anyone as much as he loves Peggy.” False. Took him approximately half an hour after her funeral to make out with her niece. Peggy was important to him no doubt, but like previously mentioned, they kissed once, never went on a date, and didn’t really even know each other.
- “It’s nowhere near a random childhood friend that died in the war.” Bullshit lmao. I don’t even have the time. They were best friends who were inseparable. Quotes to support the level of bullshit this statement is - “Thanks Buck, but I can get by on my own” “That’s the thing, you don’t have to. Because I’m with you til the end of the line”
Get to fuck with your transparent as hell homophobia, I don’t have the time for it.