i know im a bit late hopping onto the back to school studyblr train, however its never too late for some homework help!! these are just some tips and tricks that i find useful when doing my homework. They work for me, and hopefully they’ll help you out too!!
- Have a journal: Or any type of planner. I don’t know how these things work for other people, but my school gives out journals for us to use. If yours doesn’t, you should still buy one!! It can be a basic diary, or high end with gadgets coming out left right and centre, but regardless, you NEED one.
- Write down the homework you get: The second the teacher hands out homework, write it down. Subject : page and question : due date. It’s so frickin handy to be able to go home, take out your journal, look at the day’s homework and be able to immediately say “this is due tmrw, I better do it now”. It’s just so helpful for prioritising, staying on top of things and, most importantly, not forgetting your homework!!
- For long term projects/assignments: Write it in on the list of that day’s homework AND on the day its due!! Once the week is over you’re not going to be checking that page again so you need to have another reminder!!
- Daily: Figure out how much time you have each day to do your homework. If you know you have basketball training on a thursday night, dont leave all the homework you have due on friday until then. Honestly, it couldn’t be more basic but the amount of people I know who do this on the daily.
- Weekly: Try and get all assignments from that week done over the weekend. I always think its far less stressful to start the week with a clean slate. This doesn’t apply to projects and stuff like that, but just the odd question you were given. You know, tidying up loose ends.
- Long term projects/assignments: We all know the age old saying “dont leave this til the night before” but, like, seriously don’t lmao. After doing your homework each night, try to do between 15m-1hr of work (depending on how much time you have til the deadline, how big the project is and how much you’ve already done that night).
- Write a list: So i have my list of what i need to do from todays homework and the other assignments that have accumulated in my journal. What next?? Write them out in the order you’re going to do them. If you have any short things you can quickly work through, do them first. It shortens your to-do list, gives you feeling of accomplishment and gets you into the swing of things. Next, homework due for tmrw, then the next day, then the next. Last but not least, any projects or long term assignments. Feel free to customize this order to whatever suits you best, but the above works wonders for me.
Random thoughts and tips:
- Eat beforehand: Homework is hungry work, make sure your not going in on an empty stomach because it makes you unproductive and more irritable. Have a glass of water, mug of tea or whatever other drink you like next to you to keep you hydrated. It also stops you procrastinating because you “need” a drink, or “need” a snack. Just start!!
- Keep phone/laptop/whatever else ON and next to you: *gasp* i know, i know but honestly keep your device by you. Put it on silent, but have it so that you can do a bit of googling if needs be. Chances are you’ll get stuck on a question and want to look up the answer, or you’ll want some more in depth info on a topic or whatever else. Regardless, you’ll more than likely need it.
- Two piles: One for unfinished homework, one for finished. Keeps you organised AND it feels amazing to see the “to do” pile decrease and the “done” pile increase.
Most importantly: TEACHERS UNDERSTAND. You left your book in school, you got hours of homework from every teacher, you forgot your bag on the bus, or you simply just didn’t remember. If you generally have your homework in on time and are a good student, they’ll understand, it happens to the best of us.
Hope these tips helped and maybe even gave you a bit of motivation!! Feel free to message me if there are any bits of this post that don’t make sense or if you have any thoughts/ideas :)))