Hey, so you know how I have a bunch of my OCs as part of the same rebel cell, the “Devaron’s Angels”? Well, for “Shadows and Stardust” (which you can read here, if you haven’t yet), I wanna have more members of that rebel cell show up—maybe not for huge roles, but enough that you get a feel for who they are and what they do. I thought about just designing these secondary characters myself, but then I figured, “Hey, why not see if anyone else would wanna do one?”
So, I wanted to ask—would anyone be interested in designing an Angel? I’m not gonna put all the essential details about them here, just in case no one ends up wanting to, but yeah, just message me if you think you’d be up for it! :D
i'm leaving tonight for an international flight. i hate to fly and could really use some distractions. do you have any good fic reccomendations (aside from your own great stuff, i've already got the size of our actions happily saved to read) :)
Oh! Yes indeed I do!
Here’s a shortlist of some excellent longer-fic. I haven’t been reading very much fic lately, so most of these are a bit Older in the fandom. All of these are also Shiro-centric and pretty gen. (with one exception)
That should keep you busy! Not sure how long your flight is or if you’ve read these all already :) If you would like some ship-centric fics (Uliro, Sheith, I think I’ve got a Shance around here somewhere), please holler!
don't say you want to improve for your audience. if that's the reason you want to go to an art school, don't. the only person you should work towards pleasing is yourself. don't do shit like that to work towards any goal other than your own happiness
yes, but i really like to draw and post my stuff here, it’s what makes me happy. I would’ve quit drawing, probably, if something didn’t pull me to go further, to get better, to get challenged and to improve, and i think it’s people requesting, and sharing, and appreciating my art that did this thing, that made it happen, that made me want to improve.
I really, love drawing. It helped me through hard times and i love it as it is. But knowing a wonderful and kind community like you guys, has made me happier, and it made me know that someone out there appreciated what i did, or at least cared. So, i want to improve myself, my own style, as i’ve seen goals i wanna reach in less time as possible. but i want to do it for you guys as well, cause you always support me, always. And as i’m growing up, i’m changing, i want to change for the best, for myself and for you, as this blog grows with me and all you followers.
I noticed only now, thanks to you guys, that i wanted more from myself, that i could do more.
getting better isn’t a thing i just want to do only for you, but for you too. Because you helped me learn to walk by myself.
Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto or any of characters. I am making no profit off of this and am only writing it for my entertainment. The same goes for the story Anastasia.
A/N: Reminder for those just tuning in, Hiei = Sasuke’s alias. This is probably going to be the most action packed chapter until more towards the end. We’ll see. I have plans. I was foolishly hoping that I’d have this entire AU finished by the end of SasuSaku Month, but that was ambitious and will not be happening because this fic just keeps growing. That being said, I think this chapter would fit nicely under the Lean on Me prompt.
Hiei darted through the palace with Kabuto and his lackeys hot on his heels. Portraits and finery sped by him in blurs. Haunting screams fled his mind as every ounce of his being began to focus on escaping. You have to survive. Words that followed him throughout his entire life and urged him on when there was no hope to be had, rang in his head. He was sure he’d never stepped foot in the palace before that day. He should be at a loss for where to go, but every turn he took, every hallway he ran down, managed to put more distance between himself and his pursuers. His feet knew where to take him without hesitation.
Perhaps he should have found it odd that even when he’d turned into an old children’s bedroom, he didn’t panic. Deftly, he picked up a lamp and used the heavy base to smash the window open. A few more hits and the sharp pieces of broken glass clattered to the ground, leaving an opening large enough for him to escape through, but the footsteps were upon the room, and the noise of shattering glass left no question as to where he was.
I would like to point out to anyone who is being all ‘robots!’ that robots would in fact be even easier to pull messed up shit with than reds. You don’t have to lie to them, you don’t have to worry they’ll tell a friend and expose the whole thing by accident, as long as you have official access or a successful hack they will do literally anything you want without concern for their own lives or any loved ones, etc.
some simple (but effective) tips when your skin is not cooperating
hi friends, here are some tips i’ve learned over the years that help me keep my skin in check. feel free to add any tips that have benefitted you :)
wash your pillow case! this one can really be overlooked. i change/wash my pillow case once or twice a week, even when i don’t wash my sheets. this really helps makeup and bacteria from building up
probiotics. i know some of these supplements can be pricey, but if you can get your hands on some they are magic! i take one everyday. they support healthy gut flora which helps nourish skin, hair, and nails. you can also get probiotics from fermented foods like miso, kimchi, and sauerkraut.
vitamin c. so i started taking vitamin c supplements two weeks ago when i was trying to fight off a cold. the next week, i couldn’t believe how much my skin texture had improved. vitamin c is essential for the production of collagen and elastin that keeps skin toned and firm. it also helps regenerate vitamin e in the body (also super good for our skin)!!!
eat more foods with vitamin e. foods like avocados, almonds, olives, spinach, peaches, and tomatoes will make your skin v happy.
take your makeup off before a workout. i know this one seems so obvious but i honestly just started doing this. normally, i would go to the gym right after class when i still had makeup on. i don’t wear liquid foundation, but i would conceal or powder some areas. recently though, i’ve been going to the gym right when i wake up while my face is nice and clean and i think letting my pores breathe and sweat without the makeup on has helped so much!
reduce dairy consumption. for the past week or two, i unconsciously cut out a good majority of the dairy products i typically eat. even though this was unintentional, i began to notice that my skin was looking much more clear. conventional dairy products at the grocery store can contain antibiotics or added hormones that spike insulin in the body, causing breakouts. it can also lead to a rise in oil production that will fuel the breakouts. experimenting to see if this helps your skin could definitely be beneficial!
do not touch your face ever ever..never. just don’t touch your face. you may think your hands are clean but better safe than sorry.
sanitize your phone. !!!! think about this bc i think a lot of people forget but there is so much bacteria on that thing. clean your phone screen to reduce the bacteria that could come in contact with your face!
1. What is you middle name? 2. How old are you? 3. When is your birthday? 4. What is your zodiac sign? 5. What is your favorite color? 6. What’s your lucky number? 7. Do you have any pets? 8. Where are you from? 9. How tall are you? 10. What shoe size are you? 11. How many pairs of shoes do you own? 12. What was your last dream about? 13. What talents do you have? 14. Are you psychic in any way? 15. Favorite song? 16. Favorite movie? 17. Who would be your ideal partner? 18. Do you want children? 19. Do you want a church wedding? 20. Are you religious? 21. Have you ever been to the hospital? 22. Have you ever got in trouble with the law? 23. Have you ever met any celebrities? 24. Baths or showers? 25. What color socks are you wearing? 26. Have you ever been famous? 27. Would you like to be a big celebrity? 28. What type of music do you like? 29. Have you ever been skinny dipping? 30. How many pillows do you sleep with? 31. What position do you usually sleep in? 32. How big is your house? 33. What do you typically have for breakfast? 34. Have you ever fired a gun? 35. Have you ever tried archery? 36. Favorite clean word? 37. Favorite swear word? 38. What’s the longest you’ve ever gone without sleep? 39. Do you have any scars? 40. Have you ever had a secret admirer? 41. Are you a good liar? 42. Are you a good judge of character? 43. Can you do any other accents other than your own? 44. Do you have a strong accent? 45. What is your favorite accent? 46. What is your personality type? 47. What is your most expensive piece of clothing? 48. Can you curl your tongue? 49. Are you an innie or an outie? 50. Left or right handed? 51. Are you scared of spiders? 52. Favorite food? 53. Favorite foreign food? 54. Are you a clean or messy person? 55. Most used phrased? 56. Most used word? 57. How long does it take for you to get ready? 58. Do you have much of an ego? 59. Do you suck or bite lollipops? 60. Do you talk to yourself? 61. Do you sing to yourself? 62. Are you a good singer? 63. Biggest Fear? 64. Are you a gossip? 65. Best dramatic movie you’ve seen? 66. Do you like long or short hair? 67. Can you name all 50 states of America? 68. Favorite school subject? 69. Extrovert or Introvert? 70. Have you ever been scuba diving? 71. What makes you nervous? 72. Are you scared of the dark? 73. Do you correct people when they make mistakes? 74. Are you ticklish? 75. Have you ever started a rumor? 76. Have you ever been in a position of authority? 77. Have you ever drank underage? 78. Have you ever done drugs? 79. Who was your first real crush? 80. How many piercings do you have? 81. Can you roll your Rs?“ 82. How fast can you type? 83. How fast can you run? 84. What color is your hair? 85. What color is your eyes? 86. What are you allergic to? 87. Do you keep a journal? 88. What do your parents do? 89. Do you like your age? 90. What makes you angry? 91. Do you like your own name? 92. Have you already thought of baby names, and if so what are they? 93. Do you want a boy a girl for a child? 94. What are you strengths? 95. What are your weaknesses? 96. How did you get your name? 97. Were your ancestors royalty? 98. Do you have any scars? 99. Color of your bedspread? 100. Color of your room?
Witch!AU where everyone is, obviously, a witch/warlock/wizard/whatever. Andrew has a familiar–a pretty ginger cat that never leaves his side who Kevin frequently side eyes. Nobody but Kevin knows his name (Andrew only ever calls him “junkie” or “idiot”) and Kevin won’t share, until one day Matt barges into the dorms and finds an auburn-haired man sleeping with his head in Andrew’s lap.
PSA to the Sheith fandom regarding the filter ‘-Keith/Lance’ on AO3
We’re all pretty much aware that shkla.nce and Klnce floods the Sheith tag on ao3. To counter this, a majority of the shippers use ‘-Keith/Lance’ in the Search within results section to get the Sheith content that they want.
I’ve used the ‘-Keith/Lance’ once upon a time, until I got introduced to ‘-filter_ids:276512′ by the ao3 twitter account. The funny thing is to this day I still don’t know what those numbers stand for.
This is what the Sheith tag looks like unfiltered:
Hey there witchy community I think it’s time we had a heart to heart. I’ve been seeing a lot of disgusting behavior this past week or so and I think it’s time we all have a little refresher on how to be decent people.
If you are asking someone a question, or for help or for resources or for suggestions keep in mind you’re asking a favor.
Favors are not something you get to demand and expect out of thin air. Favors are requests. As in, you are requesting aid. This does not ensure you will receive it and nor should you expect to.
A favor is an act of kindness.
It is not a requirement.
If someone is offering help or aid as a general statement on their blog it does not mean you are entitled to that help or aid.
1. Taboo Topics
You may ask a question about a topic the blogger doesn’t want to answer. They aren’t obligated to answer you. Say you ask about animal sacrifice or cultural appropriation or sex magic. They don’t have to answer you. They don’t even have to reply to you. They don’t have to do ANYTHING they don’t want to do.
Instead phrase your question so you ask permission first. “Is it alright to ask you about sex magic on this blog?” And then WAIT FOR A REPLY before asking. Yeah, it takes a little longer but if you’re asking another person to invest their time why can’t you invest your own?
Even this question doesn’t have to be answered. They are allowed to ignore you. It is THEIR blog.
2. You Do NOT Get to Dictate Tone
Get an answer you don’t like? Tough.
If you don’t like the answer ask someone else or research on your own. If someone answers in a way you perceive to be negative or hostile either unfollow, block, or ignore it. You don’t get to tell someone how they are supposed to reply to you after you ASK THEN A FAVOR.
3. People Have Lives
Unless a blog has mods they are usually run by a single person. Usually that person has a job, is in school or both. They run their blog and help out because they want to. Their schedules and their lives exist outside this website. If an answer isn’t given as promptly as you like tough shit. Get over yourself. Ask someone else or look it up yourself.
4. Check FAQs, Abouts, Directories & Links
If you ask a question that has already been answered you’ll likely get a link to the places you should have already checked. If you’re asking someone else for their own time INVEST YOURS. CTRL+F and a 10 minute glance over is not a big deal. Do it.
5. We are Not a Search Engine
If you want to know spell compenents for “honey” use Google, use Bing use Tumblr tags… If you want a personal answer phrase the question that way.
“Have you used honey in your witchcraft before? If so what sort of spells did you use it for? Did it work out?”
Have a conversation instead of demanding a reply. If it is interesting we are more likely to enjoy answering it.
6. Ask Appropriate Questions
If someone isn’t Wiccan asking them questions about Wicca doesn’t make sense.
There is an entire tag for Wicca that you have at your disposal. If you want a person’s specific perspective on a topic ask THAT question. “How do you feel about Wicca and do you incorporate any aspects of it in your own craft?”
7. Time Sensitive is Not Absolute
Even if you have an ask that is an “emergency” or time sensitive doesn’t mean it gets priority or that it will be answered within the window. Some people compose long answers to posts and research and add sources. Some people have huge backlogs of asks. Some people only answer asks on certain days. Just because you have time restraints doesn’t mean others have them as well.
Remember that you are asking someone to help you and that they aren’t obligated to.
If you really want help being polite and kind is a lot more likely to yield results than to demand and expect.