5 things I wish I knew about you:
1. You overthink, and not just when you’re upset. I can ask you a yes or no question and you will go through some sort of insane mental process that drives me crazy before you provide an answer.
2. You’re lost. You’re so lost. And not like the way I get when I look into your ocean eyes, but you’re lost in a way where only you can find yourself once you know what you want in life. I only say this because I’ve tried for many years now to help you get found, but I was only making you more lost by doing so. And for that, I’m sorry.
3. You’re sensitive. And I am too but I’m better at hiding it which is why I know of you.
4. You’re curious and you question the world, with so much dignity and a hidden personality. You strive in foreign land, speaking words amongst those who have ever doubted you. You’re not afraid to go out there, alone. But that’s the thing, you’re never [alone].
5. You’re a lover. A lover of everything and everyone there is to see. And that is the biggest thing I wish I knew, because I’ve learned that you’ll never be in love with only me, you need more than just a single being.
And so these are the things I wish I knew. To the person who will occupy your life next, I pass this on to you. Just know, she loves you a lot, she just has her own way of showing it.