This lady up here is Andrea Romano, the voice director behind “Avatar: The Last Airbender,” and “The Legend of Korra.” Because of her, not only were we able to be blessed with such wonderful voice actors as Dante Basco, and Janet Varney, but it’s her direction that really helped bring to life the characters that Bryke created.
Moments that I am personally thankful for:
- The way Asami’s voice shakes just a bit when she mentions her dad in the finale
- Pretty much everything uttered by Zuko.
- But especially in “The Day of Black Sun, Part 2,” when he confronts Ozai, and you can hear Zuko’s voice catch in his throat when he says “My father,” like he’s truly realizing just how fucked up his relationship with Ozai was.
- The way Aang’s voice warbles in “The Storm,” when he says “I don’t want to talk about it,” and earlier in”Winter Solstice,” when he’s talking to Hei Bei, and you can hear his voice crack just a bit when he says “You’re upset and angry because your home was burned down.”
- Korra. Need I say more?
- The way Mai’s voice breaks just a bit when she breaks up with Zuko in “The Beach.”
- Actually, everything related to Mai, really, given what we learned at Fan World.