dm collection

4

This box is for all the clerics and paladins out there ^-^ It’s one of the larger ones as I figure that of all the classes (aside from wizard) those make the most sense carrying around a big ol’ book :) 

There’s no better book for a paladin or cleric than the good book ^-^

This is another that you could carry your dice around in, as the cord helps keep is closed during transport ^-^ The handles help keep the cord in place, and the felt inside makes for easy rolling :)

The image on the left is the back, and the image on the right is the front ^-^ I clearly need some more blue dice to match this box. My beautiful green ones will have to do for now ^-^

Identity Crisis

Some context: The 2 players ( A dark elf Necromancer named Arcturus played by my little brother and a Gnome Ranger named Ruddneck Yankee played by my father) are hunting a witch and need to travel through a swamp.

DM (me): Alright you see the swamp entrance about 50ft in front of you.

Arcturus: Does it look dark and foreboding?

Ruddneck: Of course it is! It’s a swamp.

DM: I need both of you to make saving throws.

Players: What!?

Dice Rolling and collective groaning

DM: Both of you are hit with small rocks and take 4 pts of damage.

Ruddneck: What!

DM: Roll perception

Arcturus: 19

DM: You see the silhouettes of 2 vegepygmys at the swamp entrance.

Arcturus: Oh I got this!!! I take out my bag of beans and chuck one at them!

DM: Uhh ok roll for ranged attack.

Arcturus: Crit

DM: Nice alright your uhh bean *rolls for a chart* yikes. Well your bean explodes into 11 pink toads at the entrance of the swamp. The vegepygmys are so entranced by the toads they come out of hiding.

Arcturus: Do they touch the toads!!!??

DM: Yes both vegepygmys reach out and touch a toad… *rolls for another chart* umm well the toads explode with stellar light and morph into doppelganger of each of you.

*laughter*

Arcturus: What???

Ruddneck: Look what you got us into now elf.

DM: *Rolls for consequences* Ha ok so your dopplegangers break out into a fight that lasts about a minute. The vegepygmys are scared off and disappear into the swamp. Your dopplegangers then disappear into clouds of pink smoke.

*uncontrollable laughter*

Ruddneck: Are you sure your not a fairy?

Arcturus: Does large dark elf cloaked in shadows with a giant scythe look like a fairy to you?

Ruddneck: Hey everyone has an identity crisis at some point in ther life.

4

This dice box is for all the necromancer’s and grim reapers out there ^-^ This is the first larger box I finished :) It’s the same width as the others, but is taller to a full A5 in size. The left image is the back and the right image is the front ^-^

As usual this one has the felt in the bottom so that you can roll dice in them easily :) However I added the handles and cord so that you can actually carry things around in this one ^-^ Just tie the cord and it’ll keep the box firmly closed :) 

Somebody needs therapy

[WARNING: SUICIDE AND SELF HARM ARE MENTIONED IN THIS POST, PLEASE AVOID IF THIS WILL MAKE YOU UPSET.]

Context: The party was in a room made with reflective, crystalline substance, but an invisible barrier blocked their progress. They discovered that on one side of the room, their reflection was sentient, and used their reflection to get through an obstacle course so they could leave the room. The tiefling rogue’s reflection made to the other side first. This happened when they tried to leave.

DM (me): You hear a banging from the crystal mirror on the opposite side of the room.

Ranger, OOC: Oh, god…

DM: You see that it is your reflection, [TR], and it has a terrified look on it’s face.

TR: (annoyed) What?

DM: It mouths to you, “Don’t leave me.”

TR: Ah, you’ll be fine!

DM: In a series of gestures, it signals to you that when you leave the room, it will cease to exist.

Cleric, OOC: Oh, god!

TR: Nah, you’ll be fine! There’s no afterlife anyway, you’ll just be gone.

DM: Do you want to roll to persuade?

TR, OOC: No, I want to intimidate that fucker.

DM: Uh, okay, roll for it.

[He succeeds the intimidation check.]

DM: Alright, he is no longer-

TR, OOC: I wanna see him kill himself!

TR: I wanna see you slit your wrists!

Various party members and I: Holy shit!

DM: Um, okay, he’s doing it. You see yourself pull out a dagger and slit your own wrists. Instead of just dying, he dissolves and an ooze leaks out of the mirror.

TR: Hell yeah!

Half Elf Rogue: Oooh! Can I collect it?

DM: Yeah, okay, sure. You collect the ooze. It smells like [TR].

Barbarian, OOC: You’re just picking up this ooze? 

HR: I’ll find a use for it!

[The party proceeds, psychologically worse for wear.]

Kuro (Dark Shiro) Week!

We are so very happy to bring to you Kuro Week 2017! A week dedicated to our lovely dark Shiro~ This event will take place June 18th-25th with a bonus day ;B

For those of you who don’t know how Voltron weeks work: There is a prompt/theme for each day an you guys create content related to these themes and post them in the tag #kuroweek2k17 where we will reblog them onto this blog for all to see and enjoy!

Prompts/Themes:

  • Day 1 (June 18th) - Madness
  • Day 2 (June 19th) - Identity/Memory
  • Day 3 (June 20th) - Reflection/Mirror
  • Day 4 (June 21th) - Betrayal/Deception
  • Day 5 (June 22th) - NIghtmares
  • Day 6 (June 23th) - Mind control
  • Day 7 (June 24th) - Scars/Injury

Bonus Day! (June 25th) - Free Day!

Read the rules

Questions? Send us an ask or DM us! :D

NEW: Ao3 Collection here!

9

make me choose;; @lunalocegood​ asked scorbus or scorose

Scorpius smiled shyly, still not used to Albus’ constant praise. “Stop,” he said humbly. “I couldn’t have done it without you, honestly, I probably couldn’t do much without you.”

“Me?” it was Albus’ turn to turn away shyly. “Scorp, you’re the brilliant one. You’re always the one saving both our asses. How is it that you couldn’t do much without me?”

“You make me brave, Albus,” Scorpius admitted quietly, tucking a strand of hair behind Albus’ ear. And with that they were kissing again, and maybe the whole kissing in a train compartment thing wasn’t so new for them after all. (read on ao3)

Context: Playing a Homebrew campaign and my Elf Ranger, along with a Half-Elf Paladin, Gnome Druid, and Human Monk are fighting against our first BBEG, but we’re getting our asses beat and running out of ideas on how to outsmart his moves.

Monk OOC: “Can I like? Throw my old quarter-staff at him?”

DM: *Sighs* “No, you can’t throw it at him..”

Me & Two Other Players In OOC: *Collectively groan*

DM: “Okay, okay, fine. You can throw it at him but you have to roll a crit to successfully hit.”

Monk: *Rolls a natural 20*

DM: *Has this ‘are you real bro’ look on his face* “Ok fine now you get to roll two d-6 for damage times 2..”

Monk: *Rolls two 6’s on two d-6*

DM: “God damn it- How do I..” *Sighs* “The Monk, with a mighty heave of his arm, sends his old quarter-staff violently flying through the air. The entire party, watches in awe as some-fucking-how, the staff manages to maneuver forty feet and smashes against the side of the prophet’s head. A loud thunk fills the air before the prophet falls over, groaning for a moment before he slowly gets back to a stand. Enraged, he snatches the quarter-staff that was thrown at him off the floor and firmly clutches it in his hand.”

Monk OOC: “Oh god, he’s not gonna throw it back at me, is he?”

Happy Monday all! ✨✨🤗 I just uncovered an order of Spirit Quartz I received a while ago. •
I have over 25 pieces and this is one of my favourites. It’s white with a beautiful drop of deep purple ya the tip and a yellow smokey colour to the base, I am in love.

If you’re interested in a piece of jewellery featuring spirit Quartz contact me! Or if you just want a piece for your crystal collection, DM me! ✨

Starting a campaign in medias res: hardcore version
  • DM: *collects sheets* OK, George, what are you playing?
  • George: *beaming* A fighter!
  • DM: Cool, you're with the City Guard. Joan, what are you playing?
  • Joan: *beaming* A thief!
  • DM: Cool, you're in chains. You've just been sentenced to death for stealing. Georgie here is dragging you to the gallows.
  • Joan: ...
  • DM: Steve, what are you playing?
  • Steve: *reluctant* A cleric?
  • DM: Cool, you're there to perform the last rites. Begin!
#Deceiver

Monk: Okay, the five evil gods are the Slaver of Souls, the Lion, the Fellwind, the Demon King, and what was the fifth one again?

DM(me): The Deceiver. Father of lies, distrust, and betrayal.

Fighter: Didn’t (random NPC #5) betray us?!

Monk: Was he the Deceiver?!

Barbarian: No, because I killed him and he wasn’t a god.

Monk: how would you know?! He could have DECEIVED you!

DM: guys, it’s not-

Fighter: Well what about the lord dude, he didn’t tell us why he sent us in that cave.

Monk: Nah brah, it’s gotta be that ghost chick because she’s caused all of this janky bizz.

Barbarian: So you’re saying this is all connected?!

Monk: THE DECEIVER’S BEEN HERE THE WHOLE TIME!!!

Ranger: Heh, weird.

DM: Actually, each of you have crossed the Deceiver at least once.

Party: *collective stare*

DM: Well, not you. *points to barbarian*

Barbarian: Oh great!

Monk: IT’S ALL CONNECTED!!!

Fighter: Scary.

Barbarian: WE MUST FIND THIS DECEIVER AND KILL HIM.

DM: … or her.

Monk: NUUUUUUUU

Fighter: Illuminati!

Monk: BRAAHHHHH!

DM: what?

Monk: It’s a conspiracy!

Fighter: hash-tag Deceiver!

DM: you guys are reading into this way too much.

Monk: *makes triangle with hands* DECEIVER EQUALS ILLUMINATI!

Barbarian: THAT’S SO FRICKIN SWEET!!!

DM: guys it’s not-

Fighter: My D20 has triangles!!!

Monk: ILLUMINATI MADE OUR DIIICE!

DM: guys, you’re gonna wake my neighbors.

Barbarian: Truly, this Deceiver’s treachery goes deep!

DM: would someone just roll initiative already?

Barbarian: *points at DM* HE’S THE DECEIVER!

DM: What?!

Monk: Brahh.

Fighter: Brahh.

Barbarian: *slams fist on the table. Dice, minis, and cheetos go flying* WHO IS THIS DECEIVER?!

DM: That’s it! No more all-nighter sessions! You’ve all clearly consumed too much Mt. Dew!

Ranger: I’m going to roll insight check to see if I know who the Deceiver is. *rolls*

DM: What? No- *dice lands*

*COLLECTIVE GASP*

Ranger: NAT TWENTY!

Barbarian: Brah!

Fighter: Brah.

Monk: BRAHH!!!

DM: Oh Crap.

To all worldbuilders, GMs, and game designers: THANK YOU for all your work

Originally posted by historyvikings

I dreamed a limitless book,
A book unbound,
Its leaves scattered in fantastic abundance.

On every line there was a new horizon drawn,
New heavens supposed;
New states, new souls.

One of those souls,
Dozing through some imagined afternoon,
Dreamed these words,
And needing a hand to set them down,
Made mine.

~ Clive Barker, Abarat

7

been feelin’ icky the past week or so, but Dark Magician Girl finally came in after a few week’s worth of waiting and I feel a little better!! (///´ ▽ `///)ノ err yeah she’s the last of my impulsive desires. I’m really loving the detail on her.

Untrustworthy Dragonborn Sorcerer

So, we just started our first campaign, where I’m the DM, consisting of an introvert half-orc barbarian Gorron, who looks at himself as an ox whisperer, an introvert dwarven cleric of Oghma named Theobald, who’s greatest fear is that anyone will discover his bald head, a wood elf monk named Sintaulë from the Feywilds who’s allergic to pollen and likes to throw knives, and a dragonborn sorcerer, professor Lance Firefists. The entire group is level 1, and they are travelling towards the town of Phandalin, transporting some wares for a dwarf patron of their. None of the group members had met each other before the patron introduced them earlier the same day, and the fumbly dragonborn made a bad first impression. 

The sun sets and the group decides to make camp in the middle of the road. The night goes by without problem, as they each keep watch for a few hours. 

Last is Lance, the professor, and this is the exchange that followed. 


Lance (OOC): Is everybody asleep. 
DM: Yes, except for the oxen. You can hear Gorron snoring heavily.
Lance (OOC): Is there any large rocks around here?
The other players (OOC): *burst out laughing*
Gorron (OOC): I knew we couldn’t trust him. He is going to murder us in our sleep before our first encounter.
DM: Gorron, you’re asleep and doesn’t notice anything. Lance, how big rocks are you looking for?
Lance: Like, not to big. Big enough that I can lift them and collect them. 
DM: Well, the road you’re on is kind of gravelly, and there are a few rocks on the side of the road. 
Lance: I would like to pick them up without awakening my group.
Gorron (OOC): Can I roll perception to see if I can hear him preparing to kill us? 
DM: Gorron, roll a perception at disadvantage, as you are asleep, contested by Lance’s Stealth throw. 
* Lance rolls a 4. Gorron rolls a 2. 
DM: Lance, you manage to collapse a part of the road pulling out the stones. But Gorron is dreaming sweetly about running around the field with a few animals, and doesn’t sense a thing at the moment. 
Lance (OOC): I make a circle of the stones and would like to cast Firebolt. 
Gorron (OOC): You can cast Fireball at level 1? Are you going to burn us or smash our heads in? 
Lance (OOC): I cast FireBOLT at the grass inside the circle. 
DM: What are you doing? 
Lance (OOC): I’m making a campfire. *rolls for attack. 7. I let him hit. 
DM *rolls to see if the nearby wolves notice the fire. Rolled a 1*
DM *rolls to see if the fire spreads. rolls a 20* 
DM: So, you sit enjoy the flames for a little bit before before noticing in your half-sleep that they’ve started to spread, and now cover an entire 5*5 feet. 
Lance (OOC): I quickly use my cantrip Control Flames to extinguish the fire and pretend like nothing, sitting alone in the darkness without any vision whatsoever. (All the others had Darkvision)
Lance (OOC): Did anybody notice? 
DM: Only the oxen. They’re looking at you as if you’re stupid. 

The next day, he successfully managed to bluff the mistrusting group into thinking that he didn’t start the fire that left the burnmarks in the grass straight next to the dwarf and the half-orc. And then he managed to almost start a forest fire when he missed with his next Firebolt aimed for a goblin Gorron was fighting. He is still not to be trusted.

Head of Security (DM): “I need to collect your weapons before letting you enter.”

Rouge (to DM): I’m going to slight of hand so he doesn’t see my weapons, then bluff so he thinks I’m unarmed.

DM: “Your weapons? You. You mean your rocket launcher?”

Rouge:*nat crits his slight of hand*

DM (while shaking his head): “HmmmNo.”

Head of Security (DM): *crit fails perception roll*

Rouge: *passes bluff check*

Head of Security (DM): ….
….
*deeply inhales*
*sighhh*


*siggghhhhhhhhhhh*


“… WELCO-