Cataloging Brandpointe’s social swirl, On Pointe’s ongoing “Socialized” column captures Dallas’ fun and generally fantastic scene, and now that we’re welcoming awesome new contributor Travis McHenry to our blog, we’re giving you even more insight into the city’s best bashes! Today, McHenry is revealing two new brands that are celebrating their arrival this week and giving you the inside scoop on the polished launch parties!
Dallas’ social calendar is perennially packed in November, but this week’s line-up of can’t-miss events is especially significant because the city is gaining two new, locally-founded brands to brag about! BLKLN Menswear and THRWD Magazine are celebrating their respective launches wish stylish fetes, and we’ll tell you why both companies have earned their all-caps label.
At left, BLKLN designer Jim Duran chills out before his label’s launch; center and right, models rock pieces from BLKLN’s debut collection.
- Know it: Jim Duran, founder of Dallas-based menswear label, BLKLN, is known for his minimal-yet-statement-making aesthetic, and the designer’s first collection was packed with versatile basics - think leather-trimmed jackets, embellished tees and tanks, and subtly asymmetrical vests. And even though BLKLN is a menswear label, Duran’s exceptional creations will rock any girl’s wardrobe as well, thanks to his eye for slim, sartorially-tailored pieces.
- Love it: Hosting a major soiree on November 13 at DISH, BLKLN’s bash featured nearly every fashionably famous Dallasite, from Cynthia Smoot to Raya Ramsey to one-named wonder, Jackson. DJ Blake Ward spun tunes, and cocktails were in abundance as the crowd took in Duran’s presentation.
- Find it: Get to know BLKLN via the brand's blog and Facebook page, and to shop the collection, contact the label directly through either site.
- Know it: In the words of THRWD’s founders, the magazine’s concept is simple - “Uncensored and uncompromising, THRWD connects the voice of the streets to the lens, canvas, screen, stage, and page. We serve as a conduit for artist and community to meet, greet, and repeat.” Created by a group of young professionals boasting backgrounds in the media industry, THRWD’s worthy mission is to serve as a “mic for artists to speak their mind.”
- Love it: Don’t miss THRWD’s Release Party & Art Show this Thursday, November 15; featuring artists and creatives who are included in the current editions of the magazine, the publication’s first two issues will be unveiled during the party, which is sponsored by Roma Boots, Jack Daniel’s, and VitaminWater.
- Find it: Join in the revelry at THRWD’s bast at Evol Society, 8060 Park Lane, from 7:30-10:30 p.m. on Thursday; just make sure to RSVP for the event via Facebook first! And to stay connected with the magazine, check out THRWD’s website and Twitter pages as well.
Want to get even more of Brandpointe’s social scoop? Join us online anytime via our website
, and Twitter