I had this idea about colorblocked pride flag clothes and this is how it turned out. I made an ace pride shirt for my wife (that’s her in it, btw) and a rainbow dress for myself. I used purchased t-shirts for the top stripes and they are wider than the others because I wanted to leave the sleeves intact. So, this project was basically sewing a bunch of tubes together and it was super fast and easy. Really happy with how these came out.
The cutout trend has been around for a while now and doesn’t look like it’s going anywhere! Cutout T-shirt dresses are super comfy and easy to wear making them the perfect beach throw over. We show you an inexpensive way to create your very own cutout t-shirt dress!
- A t-shirt a couple of sizes too big for you
- Sharp pair of scissors
- Measuring tape
- Mark out all the areas that need to be cut.
- Cut the t-shirt just below your ribs to get two pieces and cut the sleeves to turn them into cap sleeves.
- Create two triangle cut outs for both halves of the t-shirt. Make the top half of the cutout about 5cm long and the bottom half cutout about 7 cm long.
- Then cut out a small hole in the bottom middle of the top half of the t-shirt and create a slit about 7cm long in the top middle of the bottom half of the t-shirt.
- Take the slits and tie them together through the holes both in the front and back of the t-shirt.
- Even out any uneven edges and you’re ready to show off your DIY Cutout T-shirt Dress!