Some Hurricane Irma preparations
Seeing as how the hurricane is destined to hit the east coast of Florida and possibly other parts of the US here’s a checklist of things you’ll need in case of a power outage.
- Flashlights, (battery operated) lanterns, candles
- Canned foods such as chili, soup, chef boyarde
- Peanut butter and bread
- Water both in bottles & gallons
- Dry pet food for your pets
- Charcoal or firewood
- Matches and lighters
- Batteries in AA, AAA & 6V
- Tampons, pads, and deodorant
- A portable phone charger for each member of your family
- Bags of ice + coolers
- Toilet paper
- 5 Gallon gas can
- A waterproof wrist watch
- First Aid Kit
- Bug Spray
- Books, playing cards, and board games (trust me, during a power outage it gets boring AF bc time feels like it’s running slow)
Also somethings to do before the Hurricane hits you
- Make sure to do all your laundry - there’s nothing worse then having no fresh clothes to wear because of no power.
- Set all your Soundcloud/Spotify playlists on offline mode - some good music will help make the hurricane less dreadful
- Now is the time to finish up that jug of milk and empty your fridge of anything that could spoil/rot without refrigeration.
- Hours before the hurricane hits, If you have a bath tub fill it up so that you can get running water for your toilet.
- Make sure you have cash on you and that your wallet contains your state ID