Welcome to the first of many Before & After home design entries!
We moved into our new house in the beginning of March, and we have a list of projects a mile long to get the house where we want it to be.
Our upstairs living room has come a long way in the last few weeks.
New carpet, fresh paint, a DIY built-in bookshelf spanning 14 feet across the far wall to hold all of my knick knacks and books, and tons of little accents to make it feel like home.
I’m in love with the marble rhino’s head we have hanging above the reading corner. His flower garland is the crown that my oldest daughter wore as a flower girl in our wedding last May, and I love that the marble accent ties into the table tops.
So far my favorite part of the house is the corner in this room with my entomology collection hung above the chaise lounge. There are blankets stored in the cabinets right next to the lounge and it really is the perfect place to relax at the end of the day.
The other cabinets house the little ones’ coats and shoes, as well as all of the dog’s food and toys.
The world map in the center is not quite finished. I still need to paint in a Legend showing a color-code for push pins: where we’ve been vs. where we’re going.
I put so many hours into building this massive bookshelf and I’m so happy that it turned into a functional, beautiful centerpiece for our front room.
Next on the list is the master bedroom – if I stay on schedule with all the projects I have planned it should be completed this week!
- being called his “doll”, and an assortment of other dorky nicknames and pet-names
- visiting vintage cafés and restaurants together
- semi-possessive hugs
- movie nights and netflix binges when he has nightmares
- picking out the worst romcom you can, cuddling on the couch together under a fleece blanket
- laughing so hard you tire yourself out, falling asleep wrapped in one another’s arms on the couch
- cute diy projects and ikea frustration
- learning russian so you can make fun of tony, in front of said genius billionaire playboy philanthropist
- nat being the only one who can understand you two, and joining in sometimes
- at first, when he’s trying to teach you russian, he can’t stop laughing because you sound so cute trying to pronounce the words
- when you inevitably tell him off for it, he just laughs a bit more and pulls you into a big hug, murmuring into your hair that he’s sorry but he can’t hold back the giggles because you sound so darn cute
- calling him “sergeant”
- being the only one allowed to call him “james”
- helping him pull pranks on sam
- being steve’s bffffffffl
- lots of tiny, cute, and random gifts
- not training together because he gets kinda hot and bothered
- never going on missions unless you’re together, because you need to make sure you’re both safe
- drinking coffee together, and having one another’s orders perfectly memorized
- surprising each other with dates
- constant hugging
- scary movies
- lots of cuddling
- sharing your deepest secrets
- sometimes, in the middle of the night, you’re both lying awake in bed because of the nightmares
- you’re always the first to move; you lay your head on his chest and listen to his heartbeat
- he hugs you after a bit and you both drift off; it’s pure bliss
- staying in bed for hours after you wake up
- sneaking pictures of him when he’s not paying attention
- putting his hair in a man bun
- some days, he lets you braid it
- being the center of his attention
- being bucky’s absolute best friend, no matter what