Some lovely people have asked how I made my apron-styled harness for my Halloween outfit, so here it is!
Materials and equipment you will need:
Pleather - 0.5 x 1.0 metres/yards should be plenty
Craft foam - I used 1mm thick foam but you can use thicker foam for a chunkier look
Buckles x 3
Paper fasteners, or actual rivets x 4
Hot glue gun
Scissors - fabric and craft
Needle and thread or sewing machine
In this I’ll be using craft foam with fleece-backed pleather to create the look of a thick leather belt. You can use actual belt weight leather strips instead for a more authentic look. Also, the back bow of my harness is a detachable bow from a handbag, but you can make some extra straps and assemble a bow from them yourself.
How to Make a Cat Hat… out of old pants. As was promised to you creepy followers, here’s the surprise tutorial! Tip: the larger the pants the better for you big haired folks like me. Add pins/wire/studs for an even more twisted kitten look.
Halloween Terrarium I finally made my own little terrarium! I added tiny spooky props because I live and breathe Halloween all year long. It’s simple to create, inexpensive, and adds a lot of character to your living space.
Here’s what you need to make one:
1. Empty glass container I got mine at the dollar store (bonus points for pumpkin shape!)
2. Small rocks/pebbles to fill the bottom of the container Pet stores. Mine are left over from my aquarium.
3. Add a layer of charcoal or activated carbon. I bought a jar from walmart for 3 bucks. This helps maintain the life of the moss.
4. Add a layer of sphagnum moss so the soil won’t travel to the bottom of the container. Purchased this at the dollar store in a bag, it is dried up though. Wet the moss separately and squeeze to drain the water. Squish the moss almost like a pancake with your hands and cover the entire surface area on top of the pebbles/charcoal.
5. Add a layer of soil.
6. Add your moss! I found mine in my back yard. Moss thrive in damp environments. Check near rocks, trees, pathways, etc. Best to look on a damp day. Just dig and lift with a butter knife or small shovel
6. Decorate your terrarium! This is where you get creative :) I picked up the gravestones at Michael’s. Part of the Lemax Spookytown collection. The skull was a part of a necklace from the dollar store and the bones were also from the dollar store. I broke off the arms from a skeleton accessory.
Okay, so I just unfollowed a bunch of blogs that I didn’t care for anymore or were inactive or something of that sort. That being said, I’m going to want some more blogs to follow!
So like/reblog this if you post one of the following and I’ll check out your blog!
-My Chemical Romance (and lots of it)
-Fall Out Boy
-Halloween (year round)
-Siouxsie and the Banshees/Siouxsie Soux
-Legend of Zelda
Also, if we were mutuals and I unfollowed you and you want me to refollow you, just send me a message c: