I really want to know your extended thoughts on MahoPre. I do enjoy hearing your opinions. c:
Oh man, forgive me for not seeing this sooner.
Overall, Maho is in the mid-high of Precure seasons for me.
- Two hub worlds with extended time in each was great.
- The importance of what’s learned in each was also really good. Or at least, I got that impression with the magical citizens in the Mundane World.
- A magical school in general!!
- The theme of “bonds and holding hands” was definitely felt. Although it wasn’t obvious in silly episodes in such, the last two episodes really heightened their importance as a part of the glue that bonded Mirai, Riko, Haa, and Mofurun together.
- Last episode made me cry a lot. One of the best post-final battle episodes, if not THE best.
- Mofurun is one of the best mascots IMO. (My number one is probably Hummy.)
- The multiple forms and how they each had a specific high point (ie; Ruby = physical strength, Sapphire = speed, etc) was pretty cool. In Go!Pri, the Mode Elegant was just…more princess gowns (and power of a princess I guess). And In HapiPre…I got a more “these outfits are fun!” impression. So Maho is the strongest out of the three in that regard.
As for things that held Maho down from being in the high tier of Precure seasons…
- The villains in general were…a mess. Dokuroxy (sp?) was kinda neat because he actually knew the headmaster and stuff. Then he was defeated and now there’s like…a new set of villains. If you divide it by before Cure Felicé and after, it makes sense since that…great fairy (whatever her name was, I don’t remember) is directly related to her, and Dokuroxy had nothing to do with her. But I don’t know, it was just jarring and unfocused a lot of the time.
- Some of the animation was not that great, particularly in battles. But hey, at least they still brawled to some extent. :^)
And that’s all I can think of. Villains are a big part of Precure, so lol - if I was constantly thinking “Where is this going exactly?” then there’s a problem. Go!Pri was strong in this regard, since it was straightforward. But oh boy, I am having this exact problem with KiraPre at the moment. But at the same time: that ain’t done yet. So I’m waiting on the explanation of Julio’s actions. And where he came from.