My personal game plan for Lent.
- Only allowing myself 1 caffeinated beverage a day, either tea or coffee.
- Praying the Rosary daily
- On Fridays, praying all 15 decades of the Rosary+ Divine Mercy Chaplet
- Read 1 chapter of the Bible daily.
- Making an effort to pray on my knees more often.
- No alcohol. (Which really just means giving up the occasional glass of wine with dinner, but still. It’s an enjoyable thing that i’ll miss!)
I’ll add other random sacrifices, and generally do more spiritual reading, but these are the rules I’ve set for myself this lent. This is the first Lent where I’m focusing more on adding things than giving things up.