i know that theoretically disney held a “most attractive men” meeting to design flynn/eugene but can we just admit that they should’ve given up trying to make the most attractive animated man because they’d already done it
Leah Chase is a legend in New Orleans. From feeding Barack Obama himself (and scolding him for putting too much hot sauce in her gumbo) to feeding folk during the Civil Rights Movement, Leah has seen it all since her humble beginnings starting a sandwich shop.
we are re-watching “The Princess and the Frog” and Tiana and Charlotte’s friendship still owns me
someone pushes Tiana at the party and she gets dirty and humiliated? boom, sorry Prince Naveen look alike, Charlotte needs to take her friend uptairs and dress her up like the Princess she should be
Charlottle has the money to buy the restaurant for Tiana but she knows that Tiana would never accept it, instead she makes her father hire Tiana and then her pay is enough to finish the amount of money she needs
Charlotte is the only friend Tiana has that doesn’t make fun of her for being always working, Charlotte wants to see Tiana happy
The Prince is currently turned into a frog? Tiana doesn’t care how that happened she just wants to know who the impostor dancing with Lottie is and if he is dangerous to her friend
so Tiana and the real Prince are in love with each other? that’s perfectly fine!! Lottie wants Tia to be happy and if Naveen is her friend’s happiness then she will help them no matter what
Lottie’s dream is to be a Princess, but she has no problem with Tiana becoming one first.
Tia doesn’t make fun of Lottie wanting to be a Princess. So you wanna be royalty and have a good life with the love of your live?
go for it friend I support you!! just don’t marry douche ok?
Charlotte and Tiana are 100% each other’s support through out the whole movie. Wherever their dreams are different or the same they truly just want each other happy.
- was a survivor of attempted murder, and was resilient to not let that horrid and traumatizing event bring her down or let it ruin her life
- was a victim of emotional abuse, and didn’t let the abuse get to her
- would save a baby bird from danger and make sure it found it’s parents
- knows how to hold a rocking party with friends
- survivor of emotional abuse from her stepmom and stepsisters for many years, and stayed kind towards others
- despite her family treating her so wrongly and poorly, she just wanted to spend a night with them and have fun with them, and just be like a normal family “ Prince Charming, who “ ?????
- she’s sassy as fuck “ Well I don’t want to interrupt their “music lesson “ during her stepsisters bad singing
- even though she had a short time to be at the ball, she was grateful for the opportunity anyways
- Gives up her happiness, to perform her duty as a princess for her kingdom and her kingdom’s future and knows that she must do her job as a princess. That’s pretty brave and selfless.
- that gorgeous blonde curly hair !!!!
- she’s the first Princess that goes forward to make her dreams come true, rather than just wishing, hoping and waiting.
- she’s adventurous, curious, loves to explore, learn about new things and new cultures and new world
- she’s the first Princess to save her love interest, but once, but twice
- different, odd and a misfit from the common crowd and gives no fucks
- “ Women shouldn’t read “ Well shut the fuck up, I’m going to do what I love and enjoy anyways.
- takes no bullshit. You are a asshole ? Got no time for that. She’s outtie.
- sees the good within people, but is also isn’t naive, she knows that some people are just plain monsters, through and through.
- will stand up for her rights, and won’t be pushed around
- is quick, sharp, intelligent and a fast learner
-wants to learn more about the outside world and her people
-if you try and lie to her or manipulate her or treat her like she’s a fool, she’s not having that shit
-will fight for her people, her family, her world, her home, her culture
- she’s the first princess to save the day, not the guy, not a male sidekick, she’s the one the saves the day, while Snow had the Dwarfs, Cinderella had her mice friends, Aurora had Prince Phillip, Ariel had Eric, and Jasmine had Aladdin. ( Belle is debatable imo )
- loves the earth and nature and will protect it from harm
- she saves China, I mean, come on
- she never gives up, no matter what. If she fails, she will just try even harder to succeed and will find a way on how can succeed.
- brave, determined, strong mentally and physically, a kind friend
-teaches girls that it’s okay if you haven’t found yourself yet- if you don’t give up, one day you will, and you will conquer
- pushes gender norms
- another female princess that saves the day, not her male love interest, or sidekicks, is also the first princess to defeat the villian in battle, like a previous male character like Phillip or Eric would
- is hard-working, and never gives up on her dreams, and will work hard to get there
- teaches that dreams are done by sweating your butt off, giving up on fun sometimes, sometimes having to work more than one job, than just wishing and hoping, you have to take action, and make that dream happen
-ambitious and smart and realistic
- teaches that you shouldn’t take a short-cut, find a lazy option, cheat or gamble your way to success, the only to get there is through hard work and effort
- again,another badass princess that saves the day on her own
- is kind to everybody
- is cheerful, positive, warm and supportive towards others, even people who seem “scary “, she knows inside, that we all have dreams
-is brave enough to step outside her zone and new and strange places and territories
- anger her by harming one of her loved ones and she will fucking tear you apart
- a talented artist
Anna and Elsa
- teaches girls that family love is just as important than romance love, if not more so
- Anna goes through a abusive relationship and isn’t put off love forever, she learns her lesson, doesn’t let Hans bad treatment of her ruin her or let her become a toxic person, like he was, and moves on with a better man, and a healthier relationship
- Elsa goes through basically being locked up with lack of other human contact, fearing her powers and fearing what other people think of, to come out as better and stronger person
- Elsa teaches that sometimes its best not let what others think of you, and just say “ fuck it “ and just be yourself and be free
- Anna teaches the difference between a unhealthy relationship (whirlwind romance,quickly trusting people, getting into a deep relationship with somebody you don’t even know ) and healthy one ( somebody who gives you his jacket when you are cold, holds you close when you are scared, is worried about your well-being, getting to know somebody first before leaping in, somebody who asks for your consent before kissing you, will do anything to make sure you are safe and okay )
- will do anything for her island and people and make sure they’ll all okay
- her leadership skills are A++
- no “ you are forced to marry this boy so you can become his queen”, BS, Moana is the future leader
- is brave to fear the unknown waters, learn new skills, and battle monsters
- is understanding, and understands why somebody acts the way that they do
- is extremely independent
in short, they are all awesome, even the three originals.
it’s 20 fucking 17 and i can’t believe i still have to explain that tiana is the best disney princess not only because she defies every stereotype imaginable for black women in the twenties in louisiana but also because her storyline is basically ‘yo i wanna raise money in order to own my own small business and don’t need no man oh this prince guy is cute i guess i can get him to wait tables or something’ truly she is the princess i aspire to be
Good News/Bad News: The Last 2D Animators at Disney are Doing Projection Mapping for Walt Disney World
The Good News: Legendary Disney animators Mark Henn (Tiana, Jasmine, etc.), Eric Goldberg (Genie, Phil, etc.), and Randy Haycock (adult Simba , young Hercules, etc.), are animating characters from Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Moana, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, etc. USING THE CLASSIC, HAND-DRAWN METHOD for an upcoming Walt Disney World show, Happily Ever After, scheduled to debut May 12.
Besides the usual fireworks and pyrotechnics,
Happily Ever After
will feature the now de rigueur projection mapping on Cinderella’s Castle – only it will be done in glorious hand-drawn animation! What a wonderful way to keep kids aware of this now pretty-much-extinct Disney tradition!
The Bad News: Disney is wasting these legends on temporary theme park shows, when they could be using them to train a brand new generation of animators in the fine art of hand-drawn animation! Traditions like this MUST be passed down from one generation to the next, or else the intricacies and subtleties of the art form will be lost. Textbooks and video tutorials can only capture a fraction of the knowledge that these ‘old Masters’ have to share. It would be a shame if this knowledge died with them.
GIFs: Tiana animated by Mark Henn, Ursula animated by Eric Goldberg, Aladdin + Jafar animated by Randy Haycock