It was one year ago that I drew my interpretation of the Disney Princesses as warriors. I thought it would be fun to show you the steps from the rough sketch, to color blocking, to the final design. Believe me there were a lot more steps in between. But these were for fun so a lot of layers were merged in the end since I didn’t need to keep my progress at the time. :)
UPDATED - Sorry the mp4 quality was a little low. So I updated it with a gif instead. :D
I know I will be chewed out for this on Tumblr of all places but hear me out. Here it goes.
1. If people want to ship them or like seeing them as consenting romantic couple, that’s okay.
2. If they like seeing them as a non-romantic pair and just as siblings, that’s okay.
3. If you want Moana to be Bi-sexual, queer, pansexual, asexual, or straight, that’s okay.
4. But for the love of all things Disney, do not tear each other down for it! Just because one ships them does not mean they support pedophilia, which in this case is Ephebophilia (sexual interest in people ages 15-19) nor do they support that. I can’t believe we are fighting or defending a character that does not exist in real life which is not okay!
5. Even if you don’t support the ship, that does not give you the permission to judge others. It just makes you look like an snobby asshole. If you have such an issue with it, then why do you still buy Disney Merch when they still sell princesses who had romance in their movies at this age?
Honestly guys calm down. Snow White is a 14 year old girl who was kissed without consent by a man who she met one time! Think about that! That is gross. At least Moana did not fall in love nor was romance was the center of the movie. If people want to ship their character with Moana, it’s their business. I got other things to worry about like school, a job and prepping for the Trumpaggedon than to worry about a FICTIONAL CHARACTER and her interests.