Holy crap so I’ve been in New York less than 24 hours and I’ve already gone and FINALLY seen Cars 3. Three weeks late but it’s still not out in the UK yet so I’m fine with that. And oh my god it was so worth the wait. The second it was over we went straight to the Times Square Disney store (at 1am) where I bought a plushie of my boy and re created a photo of the last time I was here 2 years ago!
I don’t even know where to start or what to say about the film that hasn’t already been said but it was beyond anything my childhood self could have dreamed of and today has just been amazing. What did we do to deserve cars 3 guys I feel so blessed
1. If you can hail a taxi in full Glinda, you can hail a taxi at any time.
2. To the dudes drinking Capt Morgan straight out of the bottle and not even trying to hide it, who made fun of me on the street - screw you… Also, I hope you get arrested because you’re not even smart enough to put it in a brown bag. Come on. You can make fun of me all you want but how sad is your Saturday when all you have to do is walk the streets of NYC and you can’t even afford to drink in a bar. Or top shelf. XD Or be smart enough to at least hide it… o_O Had you been nice I’d have totally done the Captain pose with you in princess costume and had a fun old time. I am the tebowing Star Princess after all.
3. I had a Giselle moment running through NYC because my friend forgot her Wicked tickets and ran back to the hotel to get them. She blended in with the night; I – well, – I stuck out like a sore thumb running three NYC blocks behind her. :P
4. Because of point 3 I was immensely grateful I wore tennis shoes under my dress. But so sad I didn’t get a photo of them …
5. Close your boning channels. Close your boning channels. CLOSE YOUR BONING CHANNELS. Because I was rushing TWO costumes for Broadwaycon certain things had to be skipped. One of them was closing my boning channels. After being in full corset & boned bodice, where the boning wasn’t closed, I had welts under my arms from all the boning that poked me all day. Not fun!
6. Kids can be charming - sometimes. One highlight of my trip is when a little boy came up to me in the Javits Center (non-BroadwayCon-area) and asked me to grant him a wish. He said he wanted to be rich (!!!!!) with lots of enthusiastic exclamation points. I told him I did too. And that I hoped it came true for both of us. Maybe a true fairy would’ve said some crap like “but we’re already rich in health and love and blah blah blah”. I feel your pain kid, and I understand XD
7. You can spend hours and hours and hours on a retractable, collapsible wand that’s supposed to be super convenient to carry around, and it’ll break the SECOND YOU ENTER THE CON.
8. Don’t expect BroadwayCon techies to have, or even know, what a leatherman is. Or have pliers, knives, or gaff tape. Techies, I’m a little disappointed. Or maybe they were just baffled Glinda the Good was asking for a leatherman to fix her wand? (like what the…? how the?)
9. People can be mean but people can also be really nice. I met so many nice people at the con. I just love that someone can sit down next to me and chat about costumes and theatre like we’ve known each other forever. I’m awkward and untrustworthy and don’t fit in ever, so things like this mean a lot to me. It was great going to my first con and being around so many kind people.
10. We had a line at Wicked. We. had a LINE. I laughed so hard. We were taking pictures in the Wicked lobby, random people were coming up to us, and it was hectic because it was 10 minutes to curtain. Someone jumped in and tried to get a photo and the people in front of us were like, “EXCUSE ME we were in LINE!” – and we looked at eachother and laughed and we were like, “we have a LINE? people are LINING UP to take photos with us?”
The kicker: the next day at the Disney Store in Times Square, someone stopped my friend (who was wearing a Wicked hoodie) in the bathroom and apparently they were chatting about how her kids got to meet Glinda and Elphie last night at Wicked – and my friend’s like, hey, that was us! Ahahahaha. Small world, even in NYC….
11. Take your own photos – I didn’t take any photos and thought there’d be a million photos of me out there! I can barely find any :( I hope more surface soon. Maybe. I might NOT want to see what I looked like. Eeep.
She had her cupcake poised at her lips when he made her laugh so hard that she blew a cloud of icing sugar off the top. Her other hand immediately flew to cover her mouth, hiding her grin.
“Sorry,” she said with some difficulty, forcing the word out around a bite of cupcake and a looming fit of giggles.
Percy dusted the icing sugar off his nose and leant back, grinning that lopsided grin that Annabeth was fast growing to love. “I buy you a cupcake and that’s how you repay me? By spitting icing sugar on me?”
“Ew, I didn’t spit it on you,” she argued, finishing her mouthful and lowering her hand. “You made me laugh, and that’s what you get for sitting so close anyway.”
He shrugged one shoulder and his grin slipped into a smirk. She couldn’t decide which expression she liked best, but she did know that she kind of missed the way he’d been leaning over the table, face hovering right in front of hers. He was slouched back in his seat opposite her now, one arm resting on the back of the chair beside him. His foot knocked hers under the table.
“I wanted to have a good view for when you tried the best cupcakes on campus,” he said.
Annabeth glanced down at the blue cupcake and then back up to his eyes. She nodded. “It’s pretty good, I’ll admit -”
“It’s the blue,” Percy said adamantly. “Everything tastes better blue.”
Remember my lightning plushie I bought from the Times Square Disney store the day I saw cars 3?? I gave it to my little brother and told him I’m gonna take him to see it and he put it in his room and it’s adorable
Throwback Thursday - That one time they flew me to New York for “Fashions Night Out” to do an artist signing for the “Disney Princess Designer Collection” at the Times Square Disney Store. Fun Times. :)
BONUS VIDEO - Hilary Being an Awesome Cast Member!!
This video acts as sort of a supplement to other video. Here, Hilary teaches me and Sarah how to use the Magic Mirror that you see in the other video, and she creates a magic moment for a special guest at Times Square Disney!! :D