It’s okay to take a break.
- We all need time to recharge, and your fans will still be there when you get back!
It’s okay to go from fandom to fandom.
- Nobody is going to criticize you for following your muse, and if they do, then you know who not to associate with in the future!
It’s okay to have a niche.
- If smut is where it’s at, then write smut. If you’re all about the fluff, then schmoop away. If angst is what does it for you, then invest in tissues. Nobody has the right to tell you that you should be doing something else if that isn’t what interests you!
It’s okay to be critical of your own work.
- Just don’t allow yourself to become so self-deprecating that you freeze!
It’s okay to ask for help.
- If you’re unsure of a trope, concept, fact or universe, reach out to your circle of friends. Chances are, they’ll be more than happy to help you because they want to see you succeed!
It’s okay to ignore criticism.
- Constructive criticism is only constructive if it helps you. If someone says something that doesn’t assist or improve you in any way, then please feel free to ignore whatever nugget they are imparting, because chances are good they don’t have the best of intentions for you!
It’s okay to stop writing all together.
- Your fans will miss you (and chances are good you have way more than you realize,) but sometimes, you just gotta do you!
It’s okay to write with whatever method works for you.
- Long writing marathons where you bang out 12,000 words in one day? Great! Linear, dry style that means you occassionally get stuck because you can’t figure out this scene, but it’s all worth it in the end? Rad! Piecemeal work that you thread together at the end? Fabulous! As long as it works for you, there is no wrong way to write!
It’s okay to have fun.
- I think this goes without saying, no? But it seems that sometimes, authors need permission. So consider this permission to wile the hell out, and enjoy the ride!
You burn so bright, I see stars The way that you laugh, it’s like a heavenly choir You made me feel invincible When you’re with me, I can take on the world
Say my name, I’ll be there I didn’t know, you should’ve said that you cared It’s not too late for broken hearts Take my hand, make a wish on a star
You were a comet and I lost it Watching for comets, will I see you again? Everybody needs someone but they can’t feel like this How can I breathe with this burning in my chest? You were gone so fast, I want you back You were a comet and I lost it
Now I see you, I’m frozen in time All your colors burst into life I don’t dare close my eyes Cause a love like this happens once in a lifetime
Will and Nico have to be on opposing teams in capture the flag because if they were on the same team, there’s no way the other would win. ((Reyna and Nico think they’re such badasses but it’s okay cause they totally are.))
Will trying to use his sunlight control to throw Nico off his shadow-traveling game. Golden. ahaha. ((Mansi’s sunlight-controlling headcanon. His art is awesome, you should check them out!!))