The Witchy Apps I Use:
Seen a few of these posts so I figured I’d share as well! I use these for reference mostly, and personally prefer to do my practice irl. All are free!
- Labyrinthos- this is a tarot app mostly, though it also has some astronomy info. I wouldn’t recommend it if you’re just starting with tarot, because the descriptions are over simplified and lacking. It does have a “learn” feature that can help you memorize/learn the basics though and for that it’s pretty good! I use this to save tarot spread layouts that I use with my cards irl. It let’s you create your own custom spreads and save them.
- Co-Star- an astronomy/horoscope app. I love it because it does your birth chart for you in an easy to understand format and you can go back and reference it quick if you need it! But the descriptions of what everything in the chart means is also lacking and waay oversimplified here too, and none of the “aspects” are included. It’ll do “daily horoscopes” but it won’t have info on why/how it concluded that information based on your birth chart.
- Moon phase calendar- a must for me! Always gotta know what the moon is doin. It has a lot of detail, including the percentage of visibility and rise/set times.
- Make it rain- rain/thunderstorm sounds for meditation and practice
- PictureThis- this is my favorite free plant identification app, and I’m pretty picky lol
- Herbs dictionary- this is purely scientific information on an insane number of herbs, with medical uses as well. No magical uses listed. Again, this is for quick reference!!. If I’M personally using an herb for medicinal purposes it’s because I’m familiar with it and know which are safe for me, don’t just use whatever random herb some phone app says may help… Be safe.
- Herbalist Grimoire- I think this one has about 70 herbs? And their magical correspondences. I love it for quick reference! It also explains how to use herbs (like making tinctures, oils, satchets, etc), a glossary of medical terms related to herbs, basics on how to grow herbs, and a brief history of herbs in witchcraft.
- LunaDiary- a password protected night-mode diary with adjustable font and formatting and calming music. I use it for note taking, spells, ideas, some of which later goes into my grimoire. It has a back-up feature that uploads it to my Google drive. Plus the more notes you make, the more lunar phases and stars you get in the home page, so that’s cute.
- The occult library- exactly what it sounds like, it’s got different witchcraft related books you can read for free.
- Play Books- the basic Google play book app, I go to the android play store and download free books of interest related to my craft and philosophies I follow and read them here.
- Improve intuition (called “intuition test” in the playstore for some reason tho)- this one has several choice-related activities that challenge your intuition skills! Big recommend.
- Respire- a meditation app with different breathing exercises. I’m not a fan of hearing someone talk me through a guided meditation, so following a breathing exercise works much better for me. You can close your eyes and it’ll make a ding sound to let you know when to breathe in, hold, and breathe out.
- Down dog- an AMAZING free yoga app! It has restorative yoga, hatha, quick flow, and sun salutations in the free version. With different music genre to choose from that plays what seems like a genre radio. You can adjust the difficulty level, speed, and length. The instructors are great at guiding and the video to follow is aesthetically nice and it’s all very easy to understand. Truly can’t recommend this one enough.
I’m hoping to find an app that has a sheet to fill out for saving spells, like it would be great if it has the day/time, lunar phase, title, intent, tools, instructions, and outcomes to fill out. If you know of one, please let me know!