Hello! I just wanted to let you know that I love your studyblr, and it's really motivating :) I wondered if you had any advice for starting up a studyblr of my own, such as finding a good url, blog title, theme, blogs to follow, etcetera. Thank you, and have a lovely, productive day/night!!
Thank you so much for stopping by. I appreciate it a lot :) This message immediately lightened up my night when I read it
especially the second sentence haha. Here are my tips for starting a studyblr.
Note: The examples are already taken URLs.
- Have the word study/studying/studies/studyblr in your URL so it’s easier to identify that your blog is a studyblr. My URL is an example of this: study + ally (syn. colleague and friend). Or your name + studies. An example of such is kimberlystudies. Or study + plant/animal/thing. Examples are studyrose, studybird, and studypulp.
- Think of some words that relate to studying or focusing on studying, and combine those words. Examples are coffeeforcollege, and asbeforebaes (A’s before baes).
- You could also have whatever it is you’re studying on your URL. Examples are psychology-studyspo, and englitstudent (english lit).
- Keep your URL short so it is easier to remember.
- Or use a phrase/sentence that relates to studying. Examples are studyandgohighertoday, and workhardlikegranger.
- Google search for synonyms, like how I came up with mine haha
- You could also follow what I did and make a temporary URL, then change it later on once you’ve found the best URL for you. I used to be studymaniacme. I really wanted to have a studyblr last year that I just went with that URL.
- A short quote or statement you stand by
- Word or phrase summarizing and describing what you re/blog about
- Motivational statement or quote
- Or whatever it is that satisfies yourself :)
Note: Some of the tips listed in this section is opinion-based (my opinions), so you may or may not approve depending on your preferences.
- Can easily be navigated (sidebars, menu bars, links, etc.). You can find themes with sidebars and menu bars on here.
- Has infinite scrolling because it’s more convenient than clicking a page number to go to another page
- Font size and color that can be read comfortably
- Has captions on homepage, because (and I’m just typing what I think here) it is a hassle having to go to the permalink page of a post just to see the full post when one can just read the caption of the post immediately on a tumblr’s homepage then scroll past it once one has read it.
- Has two or three columns to make scrolling or skimming through posts easier
Note: Some are based off quotes/statements I’ve read somewhere before.
- Never put things off for later. Do everything you can now.
- Never ever compare your first to someone else’s middle.
- Plan. Write a to-do list. Stick to it.
- Develop focus and discipline.
- Invest in things that last or that can develop into so much more.
- Failure is a bruise, not a tattoo.
- Success is jumping from failure to failure without losing the enthusiasm to succeed.
- When you fail, get up. Don’t let failure consume your mind. Remember why you started.
- People can help. Don’t hesitate to ask help, especially from teachers, your own parents, and everyone in the studyblr community.
- In order for you to start, you must simply start.
- Forget about making big progresses. Start making noticeable ones. Change your former ways, if needed. Try new things.
- Nothing is ever impossible. It’s just that “impossible” things take more time than those considered “possible”. You’ll eventually get there.
- Hard word beats talent when talent does not work hard.
- Dreams don’t work unless you do.
- Forget about finding keys to doors. Create a gate and build a castle. (I just thought of that now as I’m listening to disney tracks lol)
Some studyblr-related things:
- (Article) The Rise of ‘Studyblrs’
- Bullet journal website
- Masterpost on starting your own bullet journal
- Study Ambience and BG Music Playlists
- A must-read
My favorite studyblrs:
Note: I’m sure looking at the sources of their reblogged posts can help you find your way through more studyblrs to follow
- areistotle (check out her masterposts)
- theorganisedstudent (check out her printables!)
If you’ve created a studyblr and have officially joined the studyblr community, please send me a message of your URL. Have a good day xo