HOW TO KEEP GOING AFTER WHAT HAPPENED WITH KATIE'S BROTHER ?
Since yesterday, I feel like shit. I feel ashamed. And sad. Embarrassed because ONE OF US did what they did with a nice guy like Rory.
I get that most of us also feel very very angry with whoever got his number and texted him non-stop. Personally, I would like to know whoever did that, but it wouldn’t be greatest idea. But I hope this person knows that they affected THE WHOLE FANDOM.
But how to move on from this episode?
I think that despite what happened, as fans, we all need to come together and think about our behavior the next time some of us have the opportunity to meet Katie, and about our online behavior too.
We need some guidelines and boundaries, so here it goes a few things I think we’ll need to do:
• Rory is obviously upset, plenty of us already apologized to him via Twitter, and that’s great, but LET’S GIVE HIM A BREAK. He needs some time to recover and move on with his life, so whatever he tweets next, do not respond. Just let him be.
• To all of you (like me) who wants to know the person who did that: JUST NO. The person it’s getting so much hate already, but we don’t want them to do something stupid like hurt himself/herself.
• LET’S STAY UNITED! It doesn’t matter for how long you’ve been a Katie’s fan. No one it’s more because they follow her work since Merlin or less because they’ve fell in love with her for Supergirl. We need each other, we need to stay united no matter the Fandom.
• LET’S FORGET ABOUT HER BRITHDAY! And this goes to whatever personal information SHE OBVIOUSLY DOESN’T WANT TO SHARE! Do not ask her about it if you meet her, do not encourage someone to ask, don’t ask about boyfriends or girlfriends or anything personal at all. That’s what led us to this situation, unfortunately.
• KEEP LOVING HER! Let’s shower her with love and affection and admiration if we got the chance. Let’s not embarrass her with inappropriate Fandom questions or whatever, let’s just… LOVE KATIE AND HER AMAZING WORK.
If you guys want to add something to the list, feel free to do.
But whatever happens next, LET’S CONTINUE LOVING EACH OTHER. She united us, and we’re here to stay…