Reasons to love Claire Novak Part 1... (10x09, 10x10, 10x20, 11x12)
1. She called Cas a “Douf” (which, love him, he is).
2. She agrees with Dean that ketchup is a vegetable.
3. She prayed to Castiel every night (just like Dean in Purgatory). Cas, you really need to get better at answering prayers!
4. She survived gods-knows-what in foster homes and group homes. She says Randy was there for her when no one else was, when things got bad, and they got “real bad”. And Randy was a douche-bag.
5. She surivived Randy selling her, underage, as a sex slave to pay his gambling debts. Did I mention Randy was a douche-bag?
6. She survived seeing Mark-of-Cain Dean’s murder spree (including a very dead Randy) and she worked through her issues with it and learned how to trust Dean again.
7. Cas took her Dad away from her, he wears her dead Dad’s face, but she learned to trust him too. (She’s a resilient, brave kid).
8. Angels murdered Claire’s parents and that would seriously skew your perspective on the world. But, Claire is still trying to hunt things and save people. (Cas possessed her Dad, then the archangel who smote Cas sent Jimmy Novak to Heaven. Her mother was killed by a Grigori).
9. She already knew how to pick-pocket, but she learned about credit card hacking and scamming from Sam.
10. She secretly loves the Grumpy Cat Cas got her at “The Hot Topical” for her birthday, just as much as she openly loves the gun Dean (temporarily) gave her.
11. Her Mum died in her arms. No kid should have to go through that.
12. She wears fierce over-done eye-makeup, which says “F-you”.
13. Sam calls Claire Cas’ family.
14. She sasses Dean good - “Eat me, Hasslehoff!”, “Never seen it, not a fan!”, “You seem pretty old.”
15. She names Jody’s place “a half-way house for Wayward girls”.
16. She asks Dean to keep an eye on Cas, because “He’s been through enough”.
17. Her entire face during Jody’s dinner-table sex-talk.
18. Her struggle to fit in with Jody and Alex, because she feels like an outsider, because she’s got abandonment issues (and why wouldn’t she, her parents both left her).
19. Her instinct for hunting. She was right about monsters at her school, before Jody, Alex, Sam and Dean took it seriously.
20. She can be sulky, stubborn, wayward and even mean (can’t we all) but she’s got a heart of gold underneath it all and she’s trying.
21. She may fight with Alex but she sticks up for her when it counts.
22. She’s a fighter. She’s had it tough, really tough, but she picks herself up and keeps going.
23. She solemly swears not to hunt like a dumbass.
24. She’s learning to love her found family. And when you’ve been really, truly, badly hurt, loving again is hard.