Prompt- Christmas night and morning with Niall if he had a little girl? From Christmas pjs to santas cookies.. maybe singing along to Christmas carols to reading “twas the night before Christmas. What would Christmas morning be like? Would his daughter wake him up or would he be too excited to see her face when she realized Santa came.
~ 1541 words
“Daddy! Santa comes tonight!” Ava cries excitedly as she runs to Niall who had just gotten home from last minute Christmas shopping.
“I know baby girl,” he chuckled as he picked up the three year old, “where’s your mum at?”
“She’s making cookies.” Ava responded cuddling into Niall and played with his facial hair. He walked into the kitchen where you were making cookies. Looking up you saw your husband and your daughter, “There you are Ava, I thought you were helping mommy make cookies for Santa and daddy.”
She wiggled in Niall’s arms wanting to get down, “Dada is home mommy.” She said as if you couldn’t see him. Niall let her out of his grip and she ran to the chair that was pulled up to the counter and grabbed an angel shaped cookie cutter pressing it into the dough. “How was shopping, Ni?” You asked your husband, not looking up from the sugar cookie dough you were rolling out.
“It was okay, a lot of people.” Niall said with a sigh as he walked over to you and wrapped his arms around your torso pulling you even closer to him. The smell of his shampoo and body wash from his shower this morning still hung around on his skin, you couldn’t help yourself from cuddling a little closer to him. “Happy Christmas eve my love.” He said kissing your jawline before, much to your displeasure, he let go of you and walked over to where you daughter was concentrating on making different christmas shapes out of the sweet dough.
You watched your little family with a smile as Niall leaned over the three year old and helped her move the cookies over to the tray so they could decorate them before they went into the oven.
Soon the sun went down and Ava’s excitement seemed to grow by the second. She would not stop asking you guys questions: ‘Daddy, How does Santa fit down the chimney?’, ‘What happens if people don’t have chimneys?’, ‘Mommy, How does Santa eat so many cookies and not get a tummy ache?’, ‘What time is he coming?’, ‘How does he get in here without us hearing him?’. You guys were absolutely exhausted and there was still an hour until bedtime.
“Ava, baby girl, it’s time to calm down a little okay.” Niall finally said, opening his arms to welcome Ava in for a snuggle.
The toddler huffed but cuddled into her daddy’s chest regardless. You leaned over and cuddled into Niall’s shoulder and smoothed out Ava’s hair. “Do you want to read a story, sweet pea?” You asked your little girl. She nodded her head excitedly, Niall stood from the sofa to retrieve the story that he knew you had in mind. He came back a short time later and you already had Ava snuggled into the side and wrapped in a blanket. You hoped it helped her calm down a little.
“This one okay?” Niall asked with a smirk already knowing that she’d say yes. And as expected she nodded her head enthusiastically, her bright blue eyes lighting up even more seeing the illustrated picture of Santa Claus on the cover.
Niall read the story in his soft, deep, beautiful voice. It was moments like this that makes you remember just how lucky you are. He cuddled his little girl and read the story slowly and quietly, he let her get a good look at every illustration on each page before he turned it to continue reading. Ava watched her daddy’s lips move as he read the words that was printed on his page, her eyes twinkling from the christmas lights that were draped over the tree branches. She was such a little daddy’s girl.
When the story was finished Ava had chilled out significantly and you knew by the time you put her to bed she’d be out like a light. “Let’s set out cookies for Santa then let’s get ready for bed.” You said taking her little hand and led her to the kitchen. She picked out the cookies she thought Santa would like the most and helped you arrange them on the plate. After setting it on the side table next to the christmas tree Niall picked her up from behind catching her by surprise, she let out squeals and giggles as he peppered her chubby little cheeks with kisses. “Alright petal, time for bed.”
“No dada! I don’t want to go to bed.” She whined, her happiness dissipating quickly.
“If we don’t go to bed then Santa won’t come.” Niall explained already walking to the little girl’s room, you followed behind watching him handle the situation. She fussed at the response and you could see tears start to build in her eyes, which was tell tale sign that she was in fact tired.
You arrived to the princess themed bedroom, you went to her dresser and pulled out her christmas pjs that had a picture of Rudolph and Clarice on the shirt with the same print scattered along the pajama pants. Luckily she got a little happier seeing the pajamas you had picked out for her. Niall helped you change her into them, brush her teeth, and get her tucked in. You both said your goodnights and your ‘i love yous’ to your little angel before leaving the room.
Deciding to wait a little bit before you put the presents under the tree to make sure that she was asleep you went back to the den to watch a christmas movie. Niall picked ‘Christmas Vacation’ while you went to the kitchen to get popcorn, a beer or Niall and a bottle of water for yourself. Joining with him on the couch you sat enjoying each others company and the movie, it had become a rarity that you and Niall got alone time and were able to sit and watch a movie.
When the credits started to roll on the screen and you and Niall both groaned and sighed not wanting to get up. “Ready to play Santa Claus?” He joked helping you off the sofa. You carried the presents out of their hiding space, which was your closet, while Niall arranged them under the tree. After stuffing her stocking and sharing the plate of cookies with Niall , you were finally able to go to bed yourself.
“Mommy! Daddy! Wake up, Santa came.” She bounced in between you and Niall waking you from your deep slumber. Niall rolled over looking at his little girl before running a hand over his face and let out a groan seeing that the sun hasn’t even came the full way up. “Alright princess, how about you go wait in the den while me n’ your mum get ready.”
“Okay but don’t fall asleep again.” She warned scooting off the large bed and scurrying out of the room.
He chuckled at the little three year old before moving over to you and kissed your nose, he knew you were awake but was trying to act like you were sleeping. “We gotta get up beautiful.” He said making you groan. You both got out of bed, Niall slipped on his pajama pants and a t-shirt while you put on a pair of cotton shorts and one of Niall’s old t-shirts.
When you arrived in the living room you saw the little girl sitting by the tree trying to hold herself back from just ripping into everything she saw. “Alright baby girl, which one do ya want to open first.” Niall said taking a seat on the carpeted floor next to her, you following suit. And of course she picked the biggest one there was.
She tore up the wrapping paper to reveal the dollhouse that she wanted for a long time. The morning went on like so. She got everything she asked for, of course Niall would spoil his little angel. Ava got dolls, doll house, baby dolls, dress up items, stuffed animal, basically anything a little three year old would want. After she was finished opening her presents you and Niall exchanged your gifts.
Niall got you the makeup palette you had talked about for months (Even though he couldn’t care less about the eyeshadows, personally he thought they all looked the same), new shoes, a handbag, and diamond earrings. He also got you some naughty lingerie that made you blush and hide it from the three year old that sat on the couch watching her parents while cuddling her new baby doll, Niall laughed at your reaction making you scowl at him playfully.
You got Niall a new Rolex, some new golf clothes, some memorabilia of bands he liked (which he was over the moon and so grateful for, he wouldn’t stop thanking you), and the crazy socks he liked making him chuckle and thank you before kissing you sweetly.
“Can you help mommy clean up? Grandma and Grandpa are coming soon.” You asked your daughter as you and Niall started to sort out the trash and the gifts you had just received. After cleaning up all the wrapping paper, ribbons and bows Niall and you went into the kitchen to start to prepare the christmas dinner while Ava played happily with her new toys.
1. A girl throws tantrums. When displeased, upset or angry, she reacts just as she did as a child when she didn’t get her way with her parents. This often consists of screaming, pouting, giving the silent treatment, being passive aggressive and/or punishing. A woman still feels the emotions of being upset/displeased, but has cultivated the skill of responding versus reacting. She comes to the table as an adult, and communicates clearly what is bothering her.
2. A girl perceives herself as a princess and believes people should treat her like so. She is entitled and feels that she is owed and therefore expects more than she appreciates. A woman, has standards (what she holds herself to) not expectations (what she projects on to others).
3. A girl uses her physical beauty as her currency and basis of value. A girl may be so used to feeling validated through her looks and sexuality, that she uses this as her primary tool to get what she wants in life. A woman, knows her worth is beyond her physicality. A woman bases her value on her intelligence, her strength, her integrity, her values, her contributions, her humanity.
4. A girl banks on a man to be her financial strategy. A woman plans to be financially independent – she banks on… herself. And if she so happens to enter a relationship dynamic where it makes sense for her partner to be the primary breadwinner, it’s considered a bonus, not the expected life line.
5. A girl sees the world from a place of lack and scarcity. She competes and will even tear down another in order to secure resources or a mate. A woman helps other women. She knows that there’s plenty enough to go around and takes the high road of integrity to get what she wants.
6. A girl cannot be bothered with anything domestic and is proud of the fact that she cannot cook or clean. A woman understands that being domestic is not a duty, but understands that it is one way of taking care of herself and others. She also understands that in the event she wants to create a family, having a person in the household who can contribute domestically is important.
7. “A girl wants attention, a woman wants respect. A girl wants to be adored by many. A woman wants to be adored by one.” -anonymous
8. A girl does not respect her body. She has not yet understood that her body and heart are sacred, and that it’s important to be mindful of how she treats it and who she shares it with.
“A girl cherishes handbags, diamonds and her shoe collection as her prize possessions. A woman cherishes her health, her sense of self, and her talents as her greatest assets.” - N. Mah
9. A woman takes the time to reflect on the type of human she wants to be, the example she wants to leave and the vision for her life. She has put thought into her values and what she stands for. A girl has not established her moral compass or values and consequently, is often inconsistent.
“After spending time with a girl, you feel exhausted because she takes more than she gives. After spending time with a woman, you feel invigorated, because she empowers you with possibility, and a passion for life.” - N. Mah
10. A girl has a checklist that prioritizes superficial qualities above anything else. Here is an example of how this checklist may look: Hot, popular, wears skinny jeans, over six feet tall, rich.. This is the checklist of what a woman may look for: High integrity, intelligent, kind, good communicator, emotionally available…
Now, a lot of these differences require taking the time to know someone to figure out if the apple of your eye is indeed a mature woman, or someone with an immature mindset. However, one of the quickest filters that you can notice from the beginning is this: