- dia is a huge cat person. so big a cat person, actually, that sometimes she spends hours at mari’s just to play with mari’s cat. she loves that cat so much - always cooing at it, petting it, cuddling it. the cat loves her back, always appearing from nowhere when dia shows up. mari usually pouts on the couch somewhere. kanan asks her which one she’s jealous of with a smirk. mari grumbles.
- there’s something about the marine life and kanan that’s way too disney to be real. every time kanan goes out into the ocean, the aquatic animals surround her like she’s the little mermaid, nibbling at her hands and gently nudging her back. mari and dia call bullshit, but it just keeps happening. kanan is blissfully unaware of the fact that she’s a total disney princess.
- when mari was young, she saw her pet puppy run across the road and get hit by a car. she decided not to own a puppy again.
- dia has asked for a pet cat every year for her birthday up until she was fifteen. every time her parents turned her down. mari decided to alleviate the problem by getting dia a pet cat to keep at her house, hence leading to the above situation. she would regret it, but she’ll never forget the grin on little dia’s face when mari plopped a white, fluffy kitten in dia’s lap.
- kanan had a habit of getting really, really into dog training. dia caught her rolling on the ground as a demonstration to shiitake, chika’s dog, in an effort to teach him how to roll over. the look on kanan’s dirt-covered face as she realised she’d been caught was priceless.
- in an effort to combat kanan’s disney princess way with animals, dia once ran into the forest and whistled a tune in an effort to get birds and small animals to come and sit with her. she ended up getting chased by a deer, instead. kanan and mari still double over when they think about it.
- though not as bold as dia, young mari still wanted to compete with kanan, so she purchased several songbirds, intending to train them to sit on her arms and sing. she just ended up with bird poo all over her, and decided she hated birds. birds seem to hate her too, though, so it’s ok.
- speaking of which, it’s become a commonplace event for mari to get pooed on by a bird whenever the three of them go out together in the summer. mari insists she likes wearing hats, because she keep her cool, but dia and kanan always exchange a smirk.
- kanan and mari always thought dia would be the one to be afraid of spiders, but no. dia actually has no problem with getting rid of spiders. her and kanan sometimes argue for hours over whether or not to kill them - kanan says no because they’re useful, dia thinks they’re pure evil. mari just hides on a chair. gross.
- dia insists on getting a cat for their first (shared) pet, but kanan insists it has to be a dog. mari fakes a smile, but her stomach sinks when kanan wins. the next day, they come home with an adorable shiba puppy. mari doesn’t think much of it at first, but after seeing how obedient it is and how it likes to curl up with them and sleep, she starts to warm up to it.
- bit by bit, mari learns to love dogs again - although she still insists on leashes whenever they’re near a road. she’s the one who names him - sakutarou, after a silly anime character. dia rolls her eyes but kanan thinks it’s a good name. a bit weird, but that’s perfect for mari.
Well she only knew her vaguely considering she adopted two of her cats and her dog at a function Georgia was volunteering at before. Dia always liked adopting animals. And it was convenient to her that the animal shop had a cork board with pictures of animals that were ready to adopt.
Dia saw a few handsome boys and darling girls she could adopt. A big orange old boy named Captain. A little pug missing an eye. A sweet little kitty that didn’t have her front paws.
There were a number of normal pets that were younger and with all their limbs in tact, but they weren’t the ones she wanted.
And as she perused she felt an arm casually sling over her shoulder and she jumped, noticing that it was in fact Georgia.
Dia gave an awkward smile, “Um. Eheh… yeah I’m looking for another pet already.”
[🐎] — To Georgia, the pets she cared for were like an extension of her. Whatever pain they felt, she felt. If they were happy and content, then she was too. This extended to all of her animals, especially the ones who needed a bit more care. The special ones, who were often denied the chances and privileges the other animals were granted, simply because of how they looked– because of circumstances that were out of their control.
It always hurt her to see a customer bypass the cork board detailing the special pets up for adoption in favor of a more ‘normal’ one. Of course, Georgia was happy to see any of her pets get adopted, but she was still disappointed that some of them weren’t getting the chances at love that she knew they deserved.
That was why she liked Miss Dia so much. Even though she was a fairly wealthy woman, the sort of high class person Georgia always had her suspicions and reservations towards, she was actually a pretty down to earth woman. Very nice, and most importantly–
–willing to give the overlooked animals a chance at happiness.
So when she sees her entering the shop and heading straight to the board as she often did, Georgia approaches her with a smile, slinging a friendly arm over the quiet woman’s shoulders. Her reaction is pretty much expected, since Georgia had given her no warning, but the redhead chuckles anyway, and continues on as if she hadn’t just startled her. “Yeah, I can see that. D’ya have anyone in mind?”
Masa kat MPH tadi, tengah aku dok ralit2 selak buku, datang seorang budak perempuan yang gayanya macam budak sekolah (macam Form 1). Dia pun datang kat rak tempat aku (kat rak komik dan novel2 English). Masa dia datang tu, dia dok selak2 komik kat rak tu sambil bebel-bebel dalam Bahasa Inggeris. Pot-pet-pot-pet mulut dia. Aku pun pelik, dia ni membebel kat sape? Kat aku ke? Sebab kat area rak tu just aku dengan budak tu je. Pastu ayah dia datang. Dia panggil ayah dia sambil bebel2 pasal buku komik tu. Aku dengar dia cakap “ALLL THE ANIME ARE TRASHHHHHHHHHH”. Aku pun tetiba TRIGGERED! 😠First, tu bukan anime ye dik…tu manga 😅. And second, not all manga are trash. Mungkin adik belum jumpa manga yang sesuai..
Aku pun buat2 busy la cari novel, padahal telinga aku dok dengar mulut dia membebel. Dia dengan ayah dia pegi kat rak plak…tapi mulut dia still potpetpotpet. Huhu…sabar jelah si ayahnye. Aku dengar pun tension 😅. Last2 aku keluar dari MPH tu tanpa membeli ape2 😅
Does kanan ever get jealous when Dia keep Maru pet/ give attention to another wolf/dog?
Oh definitely. If she’s in human form she’ll just kinda whine their name and if they don’t stop she’ll just kinda frown at em. If she’s in wolf form she’ll just kinda…nuzzle their hand out of the way and replace the Enemy Dog with herself
Kalau dibilang Kirana anak tanpa gadget, itu kurang tepat. Mbak No juga gak setuju. Karena dia dari bayi udah deket sama gadget-gadget kok. Cuma dia gaptek wkwkwk
Dua tahun lalu, aku inget Kirana baru-barunya bisa duduk tanpa bantuan. Waktu itu Kirana duduk, sambil nonton youtube lagu anak-anak gitu. Cuma waktu itu layarnya di-lock sama mbak No, entah gimana atau fitur dari tabnya mbuh aku ga ngerti wkwk jd kalaupun si layar kepegang sama Kirana, ga ada perubahan. Jadi, mungkin si Kirana tahunya itu buat nonton doang kayak tipi.
Kirana juga tumbuh ditemani Youtube. Tapi selama dia pegang gadget, mbak No selalu mendampingi. Nonton bareng gitu. Dan ini penting, selain untuk mengawasi, juga untuk persiapan. Karena Kirana biasanya ngomong sesuatu dari tontonannya. Random gitu.
Misal lagi baca buku, ada gambar tikus, dia bilang “Nanti dia roll over-roll over”. Ada lagu “10 in the bed” yang tokohnya 10 tikus tidur di kasur terus satu persatu jatuh dari kasur. Jadi walaupun kadang dia out of topic, kita masih bisa nimpali, “Hahaha iya ya…nanti dia sendiri, terus lonely…” sesuai dengan yang dia maksud.
Jadi salah satu pesan mbak No sebelum berangkat haji adalah “Dek, kau harus nonton semua tontonan dia. Biar nyambung kalo ngomong”
Kirana juga main games kok. Ada 3 games di tab nya dia: Doctor Pet, My Dentist Game, dan Bowling for Kids. Bahkan kalau ditengah game nya ada iklan gitu, dia tahu cara nge-skip videonya.
Hmm mungkin buat yang lain ini hal biasa. Tapi ini Kirana. Pas tahu Kirana bisa nge-skip video iklan…itu…itu…kayak dia bisa ngerjain soal fisika –’
Terakhir dia baru bisa membesarkan dan mengecilkan suara, dan sudah tau tombol on-off di gadgetnya. Udah bisa milih video sendiri di youtube. Luar biasa…mungkin karena kemaren dua minggu kebanyakan main gadget sama aku 😢😢 wkwkwk
Aku sendiri kemarin kebanyakan “nyambi”. Kadang sambil balesin chat, kadang sambil nonton korea (hehe). Jujur, pernah Kirana sengaja aku kasih tontonan atau aku suruh main Doctor Pet sendiri dulu, karena ada beberapa pekerjaan yang ga bisa sambil pegang Kirana. Tapi untungnya, Kirana ga terlalu hanyut sama buaian gadget, kalau gadgetnya kita ambil atau kita suruh stop main, dia nurut-nurut aja. Oh…dan selama main sendiri tadi dia tetap ngobrol sama kita. Atau kalau dia diam, aku berusaha sambil ngobrol sama dia, sekedar “Siapa yang sakit? Kenapa catnya?” Walaupun jawaban dia ga aku denger yang penting komunikasi tetap ada.
Pesan mbak No, “Jangan sampai dia merasa sendirian.”
Enak ya. Enak dititipin anak, udah gede, udah ngerti sendiri. Jadi reality show korea ga pernah ketinggalan wkwk ah, antiklimaks. Harusnya kata-kata bijak ya? Biarlah.
1. Bad Romance - Lady Gaga 2. Black Magic - Little Mix 3. Ghosts - Laura Marling 4. Little Shop of Horrors Overture 5. Sympathy for the Devil - The Rolling Stones 6. Thriller/Heads Will Roll - Glee Cast 7. Devil’s Spoke - Laura Marling 8. Shake It Out - Florence + the Machine 9. Dawn of the Dead - Does It Offend You, Yeah? 10. Ghosts - Skye Sweetnam 11. Thriller - Michael Jackson ft. Vincent Price 12. Zombie Jamboree - Rockapella 13. Strange Things - Disney 14. Cruella De Vil - 101 Dalmatians 15. Jekyll & Hyde - Arthur 16. E.T. - Katy Perry 17. Misguided Ghosts - Paramore 18. FEED ME! (Git It) - Little Shop of Horrors 19. Not Alone - Sara Bareilles 20. Magic - One Direction 21. Magic Trick - M. Ward 22. Werewolf Bar Mitzvah - 30 Rock 23. Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival 24. Dead and Done Blues - Bobby Long 25. Demons - Sleigh Bells 26. Grim Grinning Ghosts - X. Atencio 27. Don’t Fear the Reaper - Blue Öyster Cult 28. Every Day is Halloween - Ministry 29. Everybody (Backstreet’s Back) - Backstreet Boys 30. Frankenstein - The Edgar Winter Group 31. Ghostbusters Theme - Ray Parker, Jr. 32. Highway to Hell - Ben Haenow 33. I Put a Spell on You - Screaming Jay Hawkins 34. I’m in Love with a Monster! - Fifth Harmony 35. It’s a Dead Man’s Party - Oingo Boingo 36. Monster (Nicki’s Verse) - Nicki Minaj 37. Monster - Meg & Dia 38. Pet Sematary - The Ramones 39. The Time Warp - Rocky Horror Picture Show 40. Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? Theme 41. Somebody’s Watching Me - Rockwell ft. Michael Jackson 42. Spooky Scary Skeletons - Andrew Gold 43. Superstition (Live in Nashville) - Jonas Brothers 44. Superstition - Stevie Wonder 45. The Headless Horseman - Bing Crosby 46. The Monster Mash - Only the Young 47. This Is Halloween - The Nightmare Before Christmas 48. Weird Science - Oingo Boingo 49. Rhythm of the Night - Bastille 50. Disturbia - Rihanna
One week ago, my dog Marco passed away at 12 years old, and we had to say goodbye to a beloved member of our family. I went to the veterinary clinic with my parents and brother to see him one last time, but couldn’t bring myself to stay in the room when he was put down. While I was waiting outside, one of the volunteers came by and comforted me, assuring me that he had a long, happy life with us. One thing that really stood out to me was her t-shirt, which featured a woman in a black dress and La Catrina makeup. For some reason, I felt like it was a sign that Marco would be well taken care of, even though he wasn’t with us anymore.
Since today is the Day of the Dead, I thought this would be a good time to post this picture. I miss you, Marco. We’ll always love you, and you’ll always be a part of this family.
Eu apoio você no que quiser fazer, Peter. Eu sei que você ta tentando não me magoar, mas isso só tá me machucando mais. Eu não posso ocupar na sua vida um lugar diferente ao que você ocupa na minha. Mas eu também não consigo dar um basta nisso, porque eu não quero ficar longe de você.Todos esses dias, todos os dias que eu pergunto sobre ela, ou sobre as festas que você foi no final de semana, todos os dias Pet, todos, eu estou tentando te manter perto de mim pelo menos fisicamente. Eu estou tentando fazer você me olhar todo dia, até que um dia veja o amor da sua vida. Eu to apostando todas as minhas fichas na chance de uma vez, amanhã ou daqui há dez anos, plante no seu coração uma dúvida, uma duvidazinha, pequenininha, quase um átomo de esperança que de todos os teus erros, todos os teus amores errados,Peter, eu tenha sido o acerto. Mas você estava tão emocionado com a desilusão, que nem me percebeu aqui. No cantinho do teu coração, esperando um momento pra colidir com a razão e fazer o teu amor por mim existir.