Bedridden witch: Worship edition
Sometimes as someone who is stuck in one spot, it can be hard to feel connected to your gods/goddesses/deities. However, it’s not as hard as you may think to find some solid methods! Please note that your deities understand your situation and don’t expect you to suffer for them or consistently do things for them!
- Burn candles or incense that remind you of them. If you are
unable to do this, try an oil diffuser or room spray.
- Use blankets, sheets, pillows, etc. that have colors you
associate with them.
- Make an online devotional blog or altar. I do this [X]
- Chat with other people who work with them.
- If your body is okay with it, eat foods that are sacred/connected
- Hang pictures or decorations that correspond with their
sacred animals, plants, or what lessons or teachings they present to you.
- Write devotional poetry, or make drawings for them.
- Draw sigils for them and hang them on your walls, ceiling, or
put under your mattress.
- Find a stuffed animal that you feel captures their essence or
reminds you of them, and hold it close when you need the support.
- Research them/browse their tag on tumblr.
- Keep stones and crystals you associate with them near you –
on a bedside table or under your pillow.
- Use astral travel or dream magic to connect with them.
- Listen to music that makes you feel closer to them.
- Watch shows or movies that remind you of them.
- Pray to them, talk to them, write them a letter. Stay in
communication with them, especially in times of need.
- Drink something warm or cool that helps you connect with
- Make a spell bottle/jar that you feel captures their essence.
Charge during good days, use for connection and support during the not-so-good
- Make emoji spells to feel more connected to them.
- Expose yourself to natural light (or gentle artificial light)
or complete darkness, depending on the deity.
- Devote small, everyday tasks to them. (Example for the Greek
+ Roman pantheon.)
- Read books about them, or that remind you of them/their
- Make herb sachets for them, keep them under your pillow or
hang on your wall.
- Wear scented oils, perfumes, lotions, or pick a shampoo with
a scent or ingredients that make you think of them.
- @thewitchofthenorse also has a post on this here!
- And here is a post about nature connection while bedridden, which is great for nature deities!
- Again, please note that you don’t need to do anything to be connected to your gods/goddesses/deities. They know and understand what you are going through, and are patient.