Add some citrus to satisfy your sweet tooth! These blondies are studded with white chocolate and topped with a creamy, sweet red grapefruit frosting.
TIME TO TABLE: 10 minutes prep, 25 minutes baking.
INGREDIENTS: Blondies ½ cup unsalted butter, melted 2/3 cup light brown sugar 1 large egg ¼ teaspoon baking powder ¼ teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon baking soda 1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour ½ cup white chocolate chips 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Frosting ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened 2 cups confectioner’s sugar 2 ½ tablespoons juice from a freshly squeeze Paramount Citrus red grapefruit Zest of 1 Paramount Citrus red grapefruit Pinch of salt
PREPARATION 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with butter or cooking spray.
2. To make the blondies, add the butter and sugar to a medium-size mixing bowl. Stir until smooth, about 1 minute. Stir in the egg.
3. Add the baking powder, salt and baking soda. Stir until all ingredients are combined
4. Add the flour and stir just until a batter forms. Fold in the white chocolate chips and walnuts.
5. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the edges of the blondies are browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely.
6. For the frosting, add the butter and confectioner’s sugar to the bowl of a mixer. Mix on medium until the butter begins to combine with the sugar, about 90 seconds.
7. With mixer on medium, add the grapefruit, juice, grapefruit zest and salt. Turn the mixer to high and beat for 1 to 2 minutes, until the frosting is smooth and creamy
8. Frost the blondies, cut into 9 squares and serve.
Seeing as cotton candy is basically just fluffafied sugar. I’m sure this ice cream is incredibly delicious and sweet as heck. There is also literal pieces of cotton candy that go into the ice cream and process of this, which no doubt help give it the gorgeous rainbow colours that you see here.
I think we can all agree, (probably) that pie is an internationally recognised food of deliciousness. Whether it is sweet or savoury. The pie is a familiar friend. As is the chocolate chip cookie. This recipe combines both.
Chocoflan: Chocolate cake layer topped with homemade flan. This sounds very interesting…gotta give it a whirl, thinking an Orange Flan would work well with the chocolate cake, and maybe a burnt orange caramel,,,, via http://bit.ly/1FeAVa9