Gay Pride was not born out of the need to celebrate being gay, but instead our right to exist without prosecution. So maybe instead of wondering why there isn’t a Straight Pride month or movement, straight people should be thankful they don’t need one.
I haven’t seen one of these for demisexuals yet and as your ace brother I’d like to spread some positivity so:
You are still valid as a demisexual if you look at porn/masturbate as well as if you don’t
You are still valid as a demisexual if sex doesn’t really interest you
A close emotional bond is the condition in which sexual attraction MAY occur- if you have a close emotional bond with someone or many people who you do not find sexually attractive then you are still valid as a demisexual
You may call yourself ace as a demisexual as you are part of the asexual umbrella
As a demisexual you have just as much right to be a part of the ace community as gray aces and asexuals
Thank you :) this has been a demisexual positivity post! Stay awesome, Demi friends! Please feel free to add other important points of positivity to the list as you reblog.
Gay people deserve to be happy. Lesbian people deserve to be happy. Bisexual people deserve to be happy. Biromantic people deserve to be happy. Bigender people deserve to be happy. Pansexual people deserve to be happy. Panromantic people deserve to be happy. Transsexual people deserve to be happy. Asexual people deserve to be happy. Aromantic people deserve to be happy. Agender people deserve to be happy. Demisexual people deserve to be happy. Demiromantic people deserve to be happy. Demigender people deserve to be happy.
Gynesexual people deserve to be happy.
Androsexual people deserve to be happy.
Androgynous people deserve to be happy. Polysexual people deserve to be happy. Polyromantic people deserve to be happy. Genderfluid people deserve to be happy. Genderqueer people deserve to be happy.
Everyone deserves to be happy, regardless of what they identify as.
“Demisexuals are slut shaming.” “Everyone’s like that.” “They’re-”
I didn’t even wanna make a post about this because it is so fucking stupid I didn’t want to dignify it with a response, but here we are.
Definition: So, demisexuality is a type of grey asexual. Specifically the type who experiences sexual attraction under very specific circumstances. Said circumstances being forging an intimate emotional connection with someone. And even then there’s no guarantee. Demisexuals experience literally no sexual attraction outside these circumstances.
“But everyone’s like that.”
1. Factually incorrect. Most people feel sexual attraction right away. Most choose to wait a while but actions and orientation are different things. In fact plenty of couples start dating BECAUSE they want sex but don’t want to seem “shallow.” Our culture is pretty heavy on the sex shaming if you haven’t noticed.
2. Even if that were true it’s still good to have names for things. Why do you hate language so much?
3. Demisexuals shouldn’t have to lie by omission about who they are. Stop trying to shut them up.
“They’re slut shaming!”
1. STOP! PROJECTING! YOUR! HANGUPS! ON THE! DEMISEXUAL COMMUNITY!
2. Some demis do engage in casual sex. Orientation and actions are different.
3. Demisexuals still shouldn’t have to lie by omission to avoid outlandish accusations like these.
“They just wanna be special.”
1. Shut the fuck up. As previously explained, demisexuals are a subsection of asexuals. You know, the A in LGBTQIAP. The A that used to stand for allies but nowadays is officially recognized as standing for asexual, aromantic and agender.
2. They can’t control how their brain works. They chose their orientation as much as you chose yours. Read: not at all.
“That’s the normal female sexuality.”
1. You are literally slut shaming right now.
2. You are a filthy slut shamer and should be ashamed.
3. Fuck off with your slut shaming bullshit.
4. I can’t even believe how misogynistic you are.
5. Male demis exist.
Everyone deserves respect. Everyone deserves to be out about who they are risk free. Demisexuals are valid and great and can be proud of who they are.