man, how do you color like that, with a non-transparent lineart, too!! I'm in aWE
I always make the vector linearts for colorings.
But yes you’re right, sometimes I use extra screentones from manga frame pictures or random textures.
Any non-transparent picture (lineart or manga scan for example) can become the transparent in Photoshop.
1. You have a picture on the primary layer
2. Make copy of layer
3. Select the whole picture by Ctrl+A
4. Remember and ‘delete’ the picture by Ctrl+X
5. Pour the whole layer by black color
6. Add the mask by Q
7. Insert the picture by Ctrl+V (it’ll be red color)
8. Press Q again
9. Delete all needless by Del
10. Remove selection by Ctrl+D
Your lineart is ready! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°