Please forgive me for what I’ve done to your masterpiece LMM, I just really wanted to draw a loyal as hell blue kid from a big family who always feels second best swooning over over a hotheaded, reckless orphan soldier with beautiful eyes
….but I went with Lance and Keith instead of Eliza and Alexander
And here is part 2! whoops it’s a lot longer and langstier than i originally intended
WARNING: yup there’s still LOTS of langst even if the ending is good, best prepare yourself
“Shut up, you stupid boy. I ought to get rid of your whiny voice.” Lotor snapped before grinning with realization. “Perhaps I should.”
Lance’s eyes widened. No, he can’t do that, it’s all I have, it’s all I have from Earth, it’s all I am, I’m useless if I’m voiceless, please, no, anything but that-
But Lance couldn’t say anything. He couldn’t talk, god, he couldn’t breathe, he was choking. He couldn’t do this to Lance, he couldn’t take his voice away. Lance desperately grasped at his throat with his sweaty, chained, hands. No, no, no, no…
“Foolish human, I haven’t even done anything. You really are pathetic,” Lotor spat, looking down at Lance’s trembling, crumpled form as if Lance was nothing more than a pesky piece of gum on the bottom of his shoe.
“N-no-” Lance’s breathing was labored and forced. “-don’t, please-” Lance’s voice cracked, and it sounded so broken and weak.
“Reduced to begging at my feet?” Lotor cackled, voice shrill and unforgiving. “How fun this will be. Tell me, little paladin, all of your secrets.”
Lotor was approaching, looming over Lance, and he couldn’t do anything. He was helpless to whatever sick thing Lotor had in plan for him.
Okay so I feel like so much of the fandom is made up of theatre kids like myself, so buckle up and get ready…
- Lance is constantly singing show tunes, and before he left the Garrison, he participated in a theatre group with Hunk and Pidge.
- Hunk was in Stage Crew, and people loved him because he built and moved sets quickly and always brought the stage crew homemade cupcakes during Sunday rehearsals.
- Pidge obviously worked in the sound booth; she auditioned to be in the cast once but sprained her ankle during the first week of rehearsals.
- Keith claimed that the group was dorky, but he secretly wanted to join for Hunk’s Sunday cupcakes and to piss off Lance.
- Lance and Hunk stay up to date on all the new musicals on Broadway, thanks to Pidge figuring out how to download Earth music files.
- Coran is intrigued by Earth music in general and sometimes listens to the soundtracks with Lance and Hunk.
- Keith initially complains because they listened in Lance’s room, but now he dances to all of the songs in his room.
- One time, Allura walked in on Keith dancing like an idiot to the OBC recording of “RENT” and was amused and terrified.
- She said that he might actually be a better dancer than Lance.
- Lance and Pidge had “Hamilton” tickets for spring break, but they left the Garrison before they saw it.
-Lance is still salty about it.
- He blames Keith even though Keith had no clue what the big fuss was about.
-Coran’s first theatre soundtrack was “Hairspray”
- Shiro and Keith swear that they are going to throw Coran off of the ship if they hear “You Can’t Stop the Beat” one more time.
- Even though they secretly love it.
-Shiro and Lance try to get Keith to listen to “Dear Evan Hansen” because they know he’ll love it.
- Keith saw how the end made Lance cry, and he doesn’t like crying
- He asked Hunk about it once, which just turned into him sobbing into Altean brownie batter while singing “For Forever”
- Allura somehow became obsessed with “Newsies” without Lance or Hunk showing it to her.
- She comes up with headcannons for the paladins as each character.
- She constantly tells them to “seize the day”
- Pidge and Keith cringe every time
- Shiro and Pidge try to convince Coran to play “Ding! Dong! The Witch Is Dead!” from “The Wizard of Oz” after they finally defeat Haggar.
- He is initially strongly against it.
- They show him the song and now he can’t think of Haggar without dying of laughter
- Instead of the munchkins, Pidge imagines the little puffball things singing instead.
-Lance’s favorite musical is “In The Heights”
- He saw it three times on Broadway
- Lin-Manuel signed two of his Playbills, one of which he carries around in the pocket of his jacket.
- The other ones are still at the Garrison.
- Everytime Keith brings up their bonding moment, the mice hum “No Me Diga”
- Because of Usnavi, Lance is the only one that can make better coffee than Hunk.
- That is the only thing anyone can cook better than Hunk.
-Hunk’s favorite is “Waitress”
- He somehow convinced Coran that his name was Jenna for three weeks.
- Keith likes to stick with the classics, like “Sweeney Todd” and “Les Miserables”
- He likes to think he listens to them because of the instruments and extreme vocals.
- He really only likes them because everyone dies.
-Pidge’s favorite is “Natasha Pierre and the Great Comet of 1812”
- She saw it with the OBC
- Her father took her before the Kerberos mission, and she has a picture in her room of the two of them with Phillipa Soo in front of the marquee.
- When she finds Matt, she plans on making him listen to the whole thing.
- Pidge developed technology so that they can watch the Tony’s in space, and it’s become a tradition.
That’s it guys! Let me know if you want more!!! 💝💝💝