that recently gone viral collection of deep sea animals caught was super cool and one of them gave me an idea for a critter, so I just took the photo and painted on top of it and turned it into something creepy.
summary: Moana really wants her book she has on call from the library, it’s been three weeks and it should have been returned by now, when she finally runs into the redhead on campus who’s checked it out it’s more of an experience than she bargained for to finally check it out
A group of amateur cave explorers discovered a river in Mexico with banks, trees and leaves just like an ordinary river, but with an additional metric shit ton of “WTF,” because they were hovering 25 feet over it in scuba gear when they discovered it.
While underwater water doesn’t seem possible, the “river” is actually a briny mix of salt water and hydrogen sulfide. It’s much more dense than regular salt water, so it sinks to the bottom and forms a distinct separation that acts and flows like a river.
In addition to giving scuba divers the distinct feeling that they’re flying through a landscape painting, the underwater river allows them to snap mind-blowing pictures like the one you’re looking at taken by Anatoly Beloshchin.
Unfortunately, hydrogen sulfide is extremely toxic, so the chances of the above scuba diver pulling in some sort of meta-fish aren’t great. However, there is an underwater body of water on the abyssal plain (the part out past the continental shelf where the ocean floor starts to make shit real) that is teeming with life. Deep sea lakes look like normal lakes, complete with sandy and rocky shores. Scientist call these lakes “cold seeps,” but they’re a hotbed for life, because apparently waterfront real estate is a hot commodity under water, too. The “rocky” shores are actually made up of hundreds of thousands of mussels.
Some of the bioluminescent sea creatures in this short documentary about deep-sea reproduction. Gorgeous photography. (Stupid narration, though–might wanna turn the sound off and just revel in the pretties.)
This is the Chiasmodon Niger, the so-called Black swallower. It can devour prey much larger, both in terms of size and weight, than its own body. Reportedly, it can swallow other fish ten times its body mass. This fish is bizarre.
Weird Fact of the Day:
The Frilled Shark (Chlamydoselachus anguineus) is thought to have the longest gestation period of any vertebrate - 3.5 years. This makes it vulnerable to accidental overfishing and it is characterised as Near Threatened by IUCN.
(Photo from Epic Wildlife)
1. I promise to disagree with you often, love you always and respect whatever it is you decide.
2. I promise to tell you that he’s all wrong for you, but support you regardless..
3. I promise to hold your hair back, even though it’s 9 am and you’ve been puking for the last eight hours and I don’t even know whose apartment we’re at…
4. I promise to take the fall for something you did – knowing full well that you’d do it for me in a heartbeat. And if we both get caught, i promise to laugh it off and plan our escape..
5. I promise to fight with you, to force you to step outside of your comfort zone…
6. I promise to laugh at you when you fall: down the stairs, at a party, on the sidewalk, on the catwalk. I promise to laugh so hard I actually start to pee a little…
7. I promise to tell you when you’re making a mistake – and then help you get out of it..
8. I promise to remind you, always, that things could be worse..
9. I promise never to show up empty-handed and to bring enough slurpies/wine/beer and malteezers'n'popcorn for the both of us!….
10. I promise to let you cry for as long as you need, and never to tell you that things will be all right because, honestly, I don’t know if they ever will be…
11. I promise to protect you from others – and sometimes even from yourself..
12. I promise to be there when you need me, to come running as fast as I can and to be with you in spirit, in person or on the phone, so you’re never experiencing the tough stuff alone…
13. I promise never to bite my tongue and always to tell you how I feel – especially about the hideous pink top and those hideous sequined pants…
14. I promise never to sugarcoat the tough stuff!!….
15. I promise to stand up for you, stand up to you and stand with you, even when I have no clue what we’re standing for….
16. I promise always to be your right-hand woman, your partner in crime, the owl to your fox, the dumber to your dumb, the white wolf to your red igloo – no matter how many months we’re apart or how long has passed since the last time we blacked out together, or spent a solid 48 hours catching up on our favourite series, or have photo shoot in the middle of the night!!..
17. I promise never to stand idly by while a man who you love disrespects you. NEVER…
18. I promise never to tell you not to do the stupid stuff we all know you’re going to regret eventually. Instead, I promise to do them with you and we can regret them later. Together..
19. I promise never to assume you want to share that chocolate bar, that pint of ice cream or that jar of Nutella – so I’ll just bring two instead…
20. I promise to let you run off and lose yourself, find yourself, reinvent and reimagine yourself, but I promise never to let you get so far as to forget your way home..
21. I promise never to tell anyone about that one time at the shack, or that one trip to VEGAS, or that one time we went to… wink emoticon I promise to protect your secrets like they were my OWN…
22. I promise to make you want more, to make you reach for more, to make you want to do better than the shoes you’re standing in now — even when you don’t know what you want..
23. But most of all, I promise to love you, unconditionally, through every high, low, mountain peak, deep sea and valley life takes us through. Through all the different changes we incur in our lives but also individually the people we become.
You’re stuck with me. grin emoticon Forever heart emoticon I love you LIV!!!!!!!