- Evan: Bad News - Cynthia locked the keys inside the building.
- Evan: Good News - We didn’t have to wait around for a locksmith.
- Evan: Bad News - Cynthia finds it very concerning that I know how to pick locks, and tried to unlock my Tragic Backstory™. I was too embarrassed to admit that the reason I learned was because, at thirteen, I figured that was the kind of skill that would impress cute boys.
- Evan: Good News - A cute boy saw me do it.
- Evan: Bad News - It was Connor, and since he’s already seen me fall out of several trees, cry because I saw a fawn that was just too damn small, and knows I can ride a unicycle, he’ll never think I’m cool no matter what I do. It’s too late. He knows
Okay, but does everyone forget Evan is suicidal too? Cause like, he tried to commit suicide but just got a broken arm. And I know it doesn't pop up much else in the musical, but that's something that I've been thinking about. Because Evan was so depressed, that someone thought his note was a suicide note. That it could be put, as a suicide note. that just makes me really sad for Evan.