hello! I wondered if you or any followers had any advice or recommendations on reading material about being queer and jewish. I am a bi liberal jew, who was lucky enough to grow up in a congregation with a lesbian rabbi - but I only really came out properly after moving away and stopping attending synagogue regularly, so haven't really engaged with this intersection of identities on a critical level. any recommendations would be gratefully received!
I haven’t been reading a whole lot myself, but I’ll try to find some books about the topic.
- Queer Theory and the Jewish Question - Daniel Boyarin, Daniel Itzkovitz, Ann Pellegrini
- Mentsh: On Being Jewish and Queer - Angela Brown
- Queer Jews - David Shneer, Caryn Aviv
- Transgender and Jewish - Naomi Zeveloff
- Naked In The Promised Land: A Memoir - Lillian Faderman
- Balancing on the Mechitza: Transgender in Jewish Community - Noach Dzmura
- Torah Queeries: Weekly Commentaries on the Hebrew Bible - Gregg Drinkwater, Joshua Lesser, David Shneer
Those were some book titles I found just by surfing the web. You can find some good fiction books about the topic on goodreads. You can find more resources on queer Jewishness here.