- “There is no more status quo. But the sun comes up and the world still spins.”
- “We are engaged in a battle for our nation’s very soul”
- “I’ve been reading ‘Common Sense’ by Thomas Payne. Some men say that I’m intense, or I’m insane. You want a revolution? I want a revelation! So listen to my declaration: 'We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal,’ and when I meet Thomas Jefferson (work!) I'mma compel him to include WOMEN in the sequel!”
- “History has its eyes on you”
- “A civics lesson from a slaver. Hey neighbor: your debts are paid cuz you don’t pay for labor. 'We plant seeds in the South. We create.’ Yeah. Keep ranting. We know who’s really doing the planting.”
- “But when all is said and all is done, Jefferson has beliefs. Burr has none.”
- “Winning was easy, young man. Governing’s harder.”
Take 30 minutes to watch President Barack Obama surprise Vice President Joe Biden with the Presidential Medal of Freedom with distinction, a moment every American should see, and every American should treasure. When you think of ‘public service,’ few names may come to mind, but Biden should, because few people embody the spirit of public service like Joe and his family. Almost 50 years of his life have been dedicated to the people of this country and when history looks back at the most influential and genuine people, Joe will grace the top of the list. Despite his career politician status, he never put family on the backburner, showing us all how to live. And even as his time as Vice President comes to a close, Joe continues to look to the bright future of America. In the coming years, there will undoubtedly be more from our beloved Joe Biden, and as a Philadelphian, I could not be more excited at the prospect of Joe returning to the region for work. Thank you Mr. Vice President for your tireless work and endless sacrifice for this country. No one deserves this medal more than you.
Skip to 13:50 to see the moment Joe Biden is surprised with the Medal of Freedom.