Shout out to Kelly Armstrong for creating a YA book series with
· believable main characters who are able to let the romance take a back burner to their fucking lives falling apart.
· Non glorification of mental disabilities and illness
· Characters that get periods, have acne, smell bad at times, eat the way they want, and JUST FUCKING BEHAVE LIKE TEENAGERS AND NOT SUPERMODELS IN A HIGH SCHOOL SETTING.
· Challenging the “boys will be boys” trope.
· Challenging racial stereotypes
· DID I MENTION NON GLORIFICATION OF MENTAL ILLNESS LIKE SHIT BRO
· POC protagonist and main characters
· NON. GLORIFICATION. OF. MENTAL. ILLNESS. AND. DISABILITIES.
“(Blaming a child with mental illness for not getting better…) wasn’t like pushing a reluctant student to get a passing grade. It was like blaming a kid with a learning disability for not getting A’s”.
“Why was it that every time a girl said she had a problem with a boy, it was written off as ‘oh he likes you’ as if that makes it okay?”
“Mommy forgot to warn the new babysitter about the basement. Chloe teetered on the top step, chubby hands reaching up to clutch both railings, her arms shaking so much she could barely hang on. Her legs shook, too, the Scooby Doo heads on her slippers bobbing. Even her breath shook, puffing like she´d been running.”
do you think Hux would be conflicted if Kylo’s eyes changed from brown to yellow?
because the change would mean that Kylo has become stronger with the dark side, that he’s achieving his destiny of becoming just as strong as Vader, of being more powerful than any pitiful Jedi has ever been
Kylo would revel in his dark prowess and Hux would be so proud of his knight for being unmatched in power, because he loves Kylo and he knows how strong he’s become
but when Hux thinks of Kylo as his lover and not just his knight, he can’t help but be afraid
because the change also means that Kylo’s soft brown eyes have ceased to exist, which means Hux no longer finds warmth or comfort in Kylo’s eyes after a nightmare or after a difficult day where he feels like he should give up, no more staring deep into Kylo’s eyes to see the little lost boy behind them who’s begging not to be hurt anymore and just to be loved because, now, there’s only a tormented and broken soul who used to be human, now a monster, now unrecognisable to Hux’s eyes
because not only do the yellow eyes take Kylo’s soft brown eyes away, they also destroy everything that once made Kylo Ren the one Hux wanted to cling on to like an oasis in a desert–his softness, the deep-rooted passion he felt for Hux, his deadpan wit, his ability to make Hux feel like the king of everything
“So I was right, wasn’t I? It’s still you, even in wolf form.” He grunted. “No sudden uncontrollable urges to go kill something?” He rolled his eyes. “Hey, you’re the one who was worried.” I paused. “And I don’t smell like dinner, right?” I got a real look for that one. “Just covering all the bases.”
How could a parent blame her child for not overcoming a mental illness? It was like pushing a reluctant student to get a passing grade. It was like blaming one with a learning disorder for not getting As.
1. From what I’ve seen after watching Villanous all morning, I noticed in his portraits that Black Hat is a Demon (duh) that had been around for CENTURIES conquering heroes and having a name to be feared. Now, he had taken a step back and began a business career to cash in on new and upcoming villains.
2. There’s a soft center in BlackHat’s dark-black hole of a heart. You just got dig deep, deep, deep, DEEP down.
3. Black Hat has endless hats! When he removes his top hat another hat appears and whenever he needs a hat for a party, he will never have any trouble finding the perfect one.
4. Blackhat kidnapped the scientist, Dr Flug (is that how you spell it?) and is holding him against his will.
5. Behind his monocle hide the most darkest of his powers. When removed it makes him become his true form. so far, the others had not seen it.
6. Black Hat fears love, it is his only weakness. (Don’t tell the other heroes)
7. Even though love is his weakness, centuries of conquering and being basically alone, when he finally settled down. He needed companionship thus, no matter how much the others annoy him he can’t really get rid of them.