justice league (2017)
- opening montage!!!
- jason momoa mhm
- oh OH ALSO the post-end-credit scenes
- ok thats all i got!!!!!!!!!!
- affleck looked like he was straining under the batsuit
- production value was poor for movie of this caliber
- oversaturation of blah CGI, set is cramped & looks like a tv movie
- everyone’s makeup was so RED (i suspect it was originally planned for snyder’s post-editing treatment but execs wanted more color because ppl are saying his muted palette was boring)
- dialogue was awkward & choppy; script tried hard to bring characters to life but they had too little runtime to work with
- forgettable music with jarring transitions. also every time a character says something marginally touching BAM intrusive weepy overture
- hardly any sense of threat/mirth/tension
- maybe a dceu equivalent of age of ultron with a smidge of dark world, only AoU had well-established protagonists that audience have had plenty of time to like and care about
A mess of good intentions executed shoddily. Arguments can be made how it’s an adequately lighthearted comic book movie by general standards, but it felt too rushed and slapdash coming from such a big studio.
- might like if:
you lean more to whedon’s style of storytelling & screenplay / dislike snyder’s previous take on superheroes
- might not like if: you lean more to snyder’s style of storytelling & screenplay / dislike age of ultron and whedon in general
plot-specific, rambling gripe after the cut: