1. Athlete of the season (male): Stefan Kraft. This choice was obvious. He is 2 times world champion, won overall and flying classifications. He holds world record. This season was the best in his career.
2. Athlete of the season (female): Daniela Iraschko-Stolz. She was six in overall classification, was in TOP 6 in Lahti and won silver in mixed-team competition.
3. Team of the season: Manuel Fettner, Michael Hayböck, Gregor Schlierenzauer, Stefan Kraft. This is the team that won bronze in Lahti. Almost always on podium.
4. Top newcomer/breakthrough: Markus Schiffner. Best season in his career. He was on the team when Austria won team competition in Oslo (first time since 2014). He achived his best result ever (11th place in Bischofshofen)
5. Most impressive win of the season: Stefan Kraft, overall. The fight between Kamil and Stefan was intense and emotional, but it was Stefan who won it.
6. Best competition: Lahti (all of men’s competition) and Oslo team. Lahti was just marvelous, so just pretend that it was one big cometition.
I needed to add Oslo, because it was the first time since 2013 when they won team event. It was just heartwarming.
7. Best podium: Oberstdorf (4HT). The beginning of everyone’s favourite tournament and already two Austrians on podium. Not just normal Austrians but Kraftböck. Seeing them being happy for each other was just everything. (#never forget about Krafti’s fake beer).
8. Best Jump: Stefan Kraft 253,5 meters, Vikersund. After a wonderful jump of Robert Johansson, Stefan proved that world record doesn’t have to be in Norwgians hands. This jump flight was just phenomenal.
9. Most touching moment: Stefan Kraft winning his 2 gold medals and Gregor Schlierenzauer comeback. Again it’s a tie. These two moments are just too heartwarming to not to adding them both here. Stefan is a part of history now. Winning on the both hills is something unusual. It proves that right now he’s one of the very best in this sport.
Gregor’s comeback was just so emotional, because he was part of the ‘Golden team’. After one year he decided to come back in Wisła. He worked so hard to be able to do that. I know this year wasn’t the best for him, but that was just a warm up. Be ready!
10. OTP of the season: Kraftböck. There was no other option. Simple as that.
11. Crush of the season: Manuel Fettner. I think that in this season everybody finnaly saw how handsome he is (and he can pull of the beanie). There is something misterious about him and i guess that’s why he is the crush of the season.
As far as I know tomorrow (08/03/2016) is the International Women’s Day. According to the fact (that some of U probably know) I’m kinda crazy about Ladies’ ski jumping stuff. I have a plan for an action tomorrow, I just feel like we should honour these girls :)
Let’s apprciate the fact that women also jump, that they build amazing teams with team spirits. That there are so many great and underestimated female ski jumpers. That Sara Hendrickson won the first overall WC in history. That Sara Takanashi even beats the pants off Gregs when it comes to the records. That Daniela Iraschko- Stolz holds the current WC in the lenght of a woman’s jump. That Carina Vogt is actually golden girl from Sochi.
Post whatever U want according to the female stuff and the action. Photos, interviews, gifs. If Ya want, U can let me know about it, I will be glad and honoured for sure. ^^
Women’s shit posting is on, U go girls!
#Ladies’ Ski Jumping Spam for International Women’s Day